Deserves topic of it's own

GOSLU68

Played against quick and strong BC all night

Made every practice free throw I saw him attempt with good form

Has to learn defense-often lost. Did have a huge block against Loe just outside the semi circle-couldn't tell if it was clean

Completely missed a Tony Young bounce pass that had steam on it

Made an unexpected left hand hook on left side 10 feet out over Conklin and missed a rather flat right hand hook from right side later on.

Conklin never looked better as he finished everything- I hope that he can do it with senior centers guarding him.

CR played against RL all night

When DE wasn't in we had CE, RL, and BC with KM and JB

Cassity is out of his cast

Players came to stands to greet us RL has the hugest hands of all

JB looked good tonight IMO. I wasn't jumping to conclusions before and I certainly don't want to now, but I see a big upside to this guy. He has put on a little muscle believe it or not. Seemed more confident with the ball tonight and his shot was falling more. I like this kid.

JB looked good tonight IMO. I wasn't jumping to conclusions before and I certainly don't want to now, but I see a big upside to this guy. He has put on a little muscle believe it or not. Seemed more confident with the ball tonight and his shot was falling more. I like this kid.

One thing I noticed with JB, at least tonight, is that he was really going after rebounds on both the defensive and offensive end. I know many worry about his slight build, but I think he is a lot stronger than many of us are giving him credit for. He also has a very nice 3-point stroke. And that is the benefit of seeing multiple practices.

I, for one, am not that worried about JB being a decent player this season. RM has been nothing but complimentary about him so far, and he has seen him for a year now. I will take his word over anyone on this board anyday. Also, you can tell he has both talent and basketball instincts when you watch him play in these scrimmages. Finally, this is a player who averaged 13 PPG, over 4 RPG and shot 37% from 3-pt range as a freshman at Toledo. Even taking into consideration that Toledo was terrible, he was still able to accomplish that as a freshman against D-1 teams.

I thought Manning, Barnett, Mitchell and Conklin stood out tonight.

Manning struggled during the drills, not being in the right place, moving too slow, not being in position, but those are freshman mistakes. He was very strong defensively during the scrimmages, he had 4 blocks. Wasn't shying away from contact, Conklin was roughing him up and he took it. Love that left handed hook over Conklin, soft touch from his wrong hand.

Barnett may have led the scrimmage in rebounding. If he wasn't slipping into the paint to board he was on the floor fighting over loose balls. Only had a couple shots and the coach was guarding him but this is the best he's looked so far to me.

One thing I noticed with JB, at least tonight, is that he was really going after rebounds on both the defensive and offensive end. I know many worry about his slight build, but I think he is a lot stronger than many of us are giving him credit for. He also has a very nice 3-point stroke. And that is the benefit of seeing multiple practices.

I, for one, am not that worried about JB being a decent

player this season. RM has been nothing but complimentary about him so far, and he has seen him for a year now. I will take his word over anyone on this board anyday. Also, you can tell he has both talent and basketball instincts when you watch him play in these scrimmages. Finally, this is a player who averaged 13 PPG, over 4 RPG

and shot 37% from 3-pt range as a freshman at Toledo. Even taking into consideration that Toledo was terrible, he was still able to accomplish that as a freshman against D-1 teams.

Couldn't put my finger on it but you just did for me. He does have that basketball instinct that you can't really explain. Tough tough competitor too. A lot to look forward with this guy.

Has to learn defense-often lost. Did have a huge block against Loe just outside the semi circle-couldn't tell if it was clean

Made an unexpected left hand hook on left side 10 feet out over Conklin and missed a rather flat right hand hook from right side later on.

Conklin never looked better as he finished everything- I hope that he can do it with senior centers guarding him.

Man, I love you GOSLU68, but you're senile as ######.. I have to try so hard to figure out what you're trying to say, all the time. Same team though, bro. LET'S GO BILLIES!!!

Man, I love you GOSLU68, but you're senile as ######.. I have to try so hard to figure out what you're trying to say, all the time. Same team though, bro. LET'S GO BILLIES!!!

Jimbo thanks for cleaning up your response.

Howard Nemerov made your style acceptable in the sixties. Just for you next time I start a new topic I will try and not have all these ancillary ideas.

Somewhere in my youth I found an elliptical sentence ( my mind got sucked into a black hole).

You have to realize when I learned English we stll spelled with the Norman invasion influence ( William, the Conquerour, Battle of Hastings-1066).

We still put "u" in flavour, savour, humour, honour, favour, glamour, etc, Nowadays you have to defeat a spellchecker to write like that.

Instead of prose the next generation learned to write business Enlish-now they just text.

Fortunately for me I am still the boss at work so they don't fire me for being difficult to work with.

To Manning's defense, you can't throw a bounce pass below the knees to someone 6'11".

Couldn't put my finger on it but you just did for me. He does have that basketball instinct that you can't really explain. Tough tough competitor too. A lot to look forward with this guy.

One of the things that jumps out at me in all your descriptions and watching the u-tubes is practice is so competitive. Not a weak link-no dogs. For the first time we actually have several true respectable 4 and 5 's on the squad. All come with strengths and weaknesses but respectable.

I think someone said it earlier, we will probably have the best bench since I been following the team from the late 60s. Other then a injury to KM (God forbid), we can absorb it. That's what builds a great team.

One of the things that jumps out at me in all your descriptions and watching the u-tubes is practice is so competitive. Not a weak link-no dogs. For the first time we actually have several true respectable 4 and 5 's on the squad. All come with strengths and weaknesses but respectable.

I think someone said it earlier, we will probably have the best bench since I been following the team from the late 60s. Other then a injury to KM (God forbid), we can absorb it. That's what builds a great team.

I can see why we rank very high guarding the 3 every year. There just wasn't any open looks. Great D.

To Manning's defense, you can't throw a bounce pass below the knees to someone 6'11".

Evidently, coach Tony Young saw the opening and went for it. One of the players would have been called out.

Jimbo thanks for cleaning up your response.

Howard Nemerov made your style acceptable in the sixties. Just for you next time I start a new topic I will try and not have all these ancillary ideas.

Somewhere in my youth I found an elliptical sentence ( my mind got sucked into a black hole).

You have to realize when I learned English we stll spelled with the Norman invasion influence ( William, the Conquerour, Battle of Hastings-1066).

We still put "u" in flavour, savour, humour, honour, favour, glamour, etc, Nowadays you have to defeat a spellchecker to write like that.

Instead of prose the next generation learned to write business Enlish-now they just text.

Fortunately for me I am still the boss at work so they don't fire me for being difficult to work with.

hahahaha whoops, on the mobile version of the board, it doesn't show the subtopic (that i know of), so i didn't see the john manning part. i was like who the ###### is this old codger talking about!?!? and i was drunk and feisty! my apologies, i'm the ###### on this one. :D

hahahaha whoops, on the mobile version of the board, it doesn't show the subtopic (that i know of), so i didn't see the john manning part. i was like who the ###### is this old codger talking about!?!? and i was drunk and feisty! my apologies, i'm the ###### on this one. :D

I was in the same boat last night when reading it on my phone. what the hell is this guy talking about?! It made a lot more sense when I saw the sub topic on my laptop.

Just want to thank everybody for the analysis. Although i'm not really responding, I'm checking the board like it's mid-season. great stuff!

Actually makes more sense as a quiz if you

Don't have subtitle. Do we still have Steve

Fixing things or is he off for the summer?

The winners might have guessed John Manning

if they went to practise-anyway, for a freshman

He looks like the best new big since Rob Loe

Thanks to RM and staff

Actually makes more sense as a quiz if you

Don't have subtitle. Do we still have Steve

Fixing things or is he off for the summer?

The winners might have guessed John Manning

if they went to practise-anyway, for a freshman

He looks like the best new big since Rob Loe

Thanks to RM and staff

Given Loe came last year saying he is the best "big" since Loe does not make much sense.