Billikens second-leading scorer?

NH

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the Second Leading Scorer this year?

• Brian Conklin
    • Mike Mccall
    • Jake Barnett
    • Rob Loe
    • Dwayne Evans
    • Jordair Jett
    • Kwamain Mitchell
    • Cody Ellis
    • Cory Remekun
    • Grandy Glaze
    • Kyle Cassity
    • Emmanuel Tselentakis
    • John Manning

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have an established scorer on the squad outside of KM, who do you all think will be our secondary scorer this season?

You know it's going to be a fun year when you have difficulty answering this question, in a positive way. Go bills.

Went with DE, but could very easily see Loe or McCall fill these shoes as well.

I gotta go with Evans too. What I'd REALLY like would be for us to have 4 or 5 guys average in double figures and still keep a clamp down defense like we've gotten accustomed to around here.

Agreed. In fact, I would love if Kwamain dropped down to the 12-14 PPG range and boosted up to 5-7 APG.

Agreed. In fact, I would love if Kwamain dropped down to the 12-14 PPG range and boosted up to 5-7 APG.

NEVER, happen

I went with Cody Ellis based on what he did when he was healthy; he is in very good shape and much more alert and running hard. He hit a lot of shot off balance and although I think Loe will eventually eclipse Cody I think this will be a complete

turnaround from last year.

We should have a list of players that will shoot with the smallest opening.

KM

RL

JB

JJ

CE

The rest of the team seems to have a conscience

Once again, I still don't understand the ELlis fanfare. He's 6'8" and he can shoot threes. Other than that, I just don't see what he brings to the table.

You don't understand why he'd be a possible answer to your question? He was our 3rd leading scorer as a freshman coming over halfway into the school year. You provided your own answer, too. He's 6'8 and can shoot threes. That makes you a scorer. His average freshman year would have been our leading scorer last year.

You don't understand why he'd be a possible answer to your question? He was our 3rd leading scorer as a freshman coming over halfway into the school year. You provided your own answer, too. He's 6'8 and can shoot threes. That makes you a scorer. His average freshman year would have been our leading scorer last year.

We have better players surrounding him than we did his freshman year. He didn't even shoot the ball that efficiently that year, he just took a ton of shots.

We have better players surrounding him than we did his freshman year. He didn't even shoot the ball that efficiently that year, he just took a ton of shots.

I agree with you, and don't think he'll ever be our best player, but outside of Kwamain he has arguably showed the greatest ability to put the ball in the basket of the people who will be on the floor this year. Ellis took a lot of shots that year, but he was still the 2nd/3rd option behind Kwamain and about even with Willie. It's not impossible that he ends up in that same role again this year. I don't think it's likely.

I agree with you, and don't think he'll ever be our best player, but outside of Kwamain he has arguably showed the greatest ability to put the ball in the basket of the people who will be on the floor this year. Ellis took a lot of shots that year, but he was still the 2nd/3rd option behind Kwamain and about even with Willie. It's not impossible that he ends up in that same role again this year. I don't think it's likely.

Cody in my opinion should be a big off the bench who can give you 10-15 minutes a game of not too bad defense, ok rebounding and a couple 3s. He's not versatile enough to be a go-to scorer on a consistent basis.

That's just my opinion.

I don't think it will be close... DE if he gets his minutes and stays healthy. Having RL out on the perimeter will allow him to get so many rebounds because how many 3's in this league can out rebound him. Rebounds=> points.

in line w/ that, i couldn't say whether this is already a part of the offense or not, but i love the idea of loe or even ellis setting off the ball upscreens on the wing for evans. if they don't react quick enough to evans, hit him backdoor. if they shade towards evans, loe/ellis can drain the three, w/ evans waiting for the rebound. if the bad guys play the screen perfectly, then there should be space for whoever's holding the ball at the top of the key (esp. KM) to take his man to the hole behind their backs. no matter what happens, you're putting all those types of players in exactly the spots and situations on the floor that they need to be to do what they do best.

i would LOVE to see xavier-esque scoring distribution this year. one guy (KM) scoring in the mid to high teens w/ a lot of other guys flirting with or just over double digits, w/ the whole team scoring 70-75 per game. i know it's SLU and that just doesn't happen here, but it COULD with these guys, i feel like. it does sound like the coaches want them to run more, which will only help. man, i'm excited.

in line w/ that, i couldn't say whether this is already a part of the offense or not, but i love the idea of loe or even ellis setting off the ball upscreens on the wing for evans. if they don't react quick enough to evans, hit him backdoor. if they shade towards evans, loe/ellis can drain the three, w/ evans waiting for the rebound. if the bad guys play the screen perfectly, then there should be space for whoever's holding the ball at the top of the key (esp. KM) to take his man to the hole behind their backs. no matter what happens, you're putting all those types of players in exactly the spots and situations on the floor that they need to be to do what they do best.

i would LOVE to see xavier-esque scoring distribution this year. one guy (KM) scoring in the mid to high teens w/ a lot of other guys flirting with or just over double digits, w/ the whole team scoring 70-75 per game. i know it's SLU and that just doesn't happen here, but it COULD with these guys, i feel like. it does sound like the coaches want them to run more, which will only help. man, i'm excited.

I think you're gonna see a bunch of guys hang around the 8-10 range. They'll have big games on some nights and so -so's on other nights. Got to go w/ Loe, although if CE can earn back his minutes he'd be the choice. All of a sudden everyone's discounting JB, but remember he led Toledo as a Frosh.

Cody in my opinion should be a big off the bench who can give you 10-15 minutes a game of not too bad defense, ok rebounding and a couple 3s. He's not versatile enough to be a go-to scorer on a consistent basis.

That's just my opinion.

I'd say it's way premature to relegate Cody to a role player. He's got some things to prove as last year was not what anyone expected. We'll find out a lot about Cody this year. Looking at his body he looks to have put in some real work over the summer and that has to be a good sign in regards to his expectations for himself. He has a beautiful shot and at 6'8" playing on the wing he can create some real matchup problems.

I also don't know if we'll have another big time scorer other than KM. What we'll likely have is 5-7 guys scoring between 7-10 ppg.

I'd say it's way premature to relegate Cody to a role player. He's got some things to prove as last year was not what anyone expected. We'll find out a lot about Cody this year. Looking at his body he looks to have put in some real work over the summer and that has to be a good sign in regards to his expectations for himself. He has a beautiful shot and at 6'8" playing on the wing he can create some real matchup problems.

I also don't know if we'll have another big time scorer other than KM. What we'll likely have is 5-7 guys scoring between 7-10 ppg.