Kwamain's possibilities in the NBA

Tonka

It was talked about in another thread about RM talking about KM and the NBA. I don't remember how exactly RM said it either, but KM and the NBA were mentioned in the same breath. If I recall, RM said something like KM was the only one with the potential, but a lot would have to happen.

After watching the draft last night, I got thinking about that. KM has two years to develop and get exposure. If he can nab a POY in the A-10, he will really get some exposure. But, of all the draftees last night only (2) were under 6'2" - Kemba Walker (6'1") and Isaiah Thomas (5'9").

With KM being just 5'10" that is a "tall order". If he can get a POY or make A-10 First Team both years that can help as well. I think he'd have to sneak in the second round like Isaiah Thomas did who was drafted the very last at 60.

It'd be nice to get a Billiken drafted during RM's tenure.

Kwamain will be in the conversation but I think his best case scenario is as a second rounder. KM's athleticism will help him, but he's not Nate Robinson out there either. Thomas was drafted because he's a pure pg. KM is very good at several things. He's going to need to become exceptional at one of those skills to be drafted. Still it is tough to get drafted at his size. Pullen wasn't drafted, is Kwamain as good as he is? Tu Holloway was the best player in the A-10 bar none, didn't even keep his name in the draft, is Kwamain as good as he is?

TuTu would have likely been drafted if he stayed in. The thing that doesn't bode too well for KM is that Kevin Anderson went undrafted (although idk how many actually expected him to be)

Kwamain is going to be really, really good next year. I think it's very likely he'll every bit as good as Tu in some aspects of the game, including scoring. If KM keeps working hard for the next 2 years I think he'll definitely get a shot at the league. Will he get drafted? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

TuTu would have likely been drafted if he stayed in. The thing that doesn't bode too well for KM is that Kevin Anderson went undrafted (although idk how many actually expected him to be)

Kwamain is going to be really, really good next year. I think it's very likely he'll every bit as good as Tu in some aspects of the game, including scoring. If KM keeps working hard for the next 2 years I think he'll definitely get a shot at the league. Will he get drafted? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I guess I feel like the best case scenario for KM is Jameer Nelson. Unlike a lot of other small PGs, KM is very, very strong and muscular, much like Jameer. Jameer ended up being a National POY by his senior season and an NBA All-Star who was drafted in the 1st round. While in his first 2 seasons Jameer was more of a distributor than KM, they still have quite a few similarities. Not predicting NPOY honors for KM, but I can see him putting up the same stats that Jameer did his senior year.

It was talked about in another thread about RM talking about KM and the NBA. I don't remember how exactly RM said it either, but KM and the NBA were mentioned in the same breath. If I recall, RM said something like KM was the only one with the potential, but a lot would have to happen.

After watching the draft last night, I got thinking about that. KM has two years to develop and get exposure. If he can nab a POY in the A-10, he will really get some exposure. But, of all the draftees last night only (2) were under 6'2" - Kemba Walker (6'1") and Isaiah Thomas (5'9").

With KM being just 5'10" that is a "tall order". If he can get a POY or make A-10 First Team both years that can help as well. I think he'd have to sneak in the second round like Isaiah Thomas did who was drafted the very last at 60.

It'd be nice to get a Billiken drafted during RM's tenure.

Lottery Pick. Write it down.

I guess I feel like the best case scenario for KM is Jameer Nelson. Unlike a lot of other small PGs, KM is very, very strong and muscular, much like Jameer. Jameer ended up being a National POY by his senior season and an NBA All-Star who was drafted in the 1st round. While in his first 2 seasons Jameer was more of a distributor than KM, they still have quite a few similarities. Not predicting NPOY honors for KM, but I can see him putting up the same stats that Jameer did his senior year.

Exactly who i was thinking of as well.

Kwamain would have to lead the Billikens deep into the NCAA tourney to even be in the discussion as a draft pick. Otherwise I think he will be viewed as another Marquis Perry type of player. St. Joseph's was 30–2 Jameer Nelson's senior season and went to the Elite Eight. Not saying it is impossible but a steep hill to climb. Next year's team probably is still too young to hope for that. However, the 2012-2013 team should be loaded and experienced.

Kwamain would have to lead the Billikens deep into the NCAA tourney to even be in the discussion as a draft pick. Otherwise I think he will be viewed as another Marquis Perry type of player. St. Joseph's was 30–2 Jameer Nelson's senior season and went to the Elite Eight. Not saying it is impossible but a steep hill to climb. Next year's team probably is still too young to hope for that. However, the 2012-2013 team should be loaded and experienced.

Great call on the Perry comparison. KM will have a long pro career and make a lot of money. It will just probably be in Europe where the rules better suit a player like Kwamain.

2012-13 would be the comparison between Nelson and KM, to be fair. That would be the senior year for both players. That year will also represent the junior years for MM, JB, DE, RL and JJ and the senior years for CE and CR. It would be far-fetched to see a 30-2 season from this team, but would it be too far-fetched to see KM putting up the same type of stats that Nelson did his same senior year, while a combo of MM, JB and DE were able to match the production of Delonte West and Pat Carroll?

What made St. Joe's so good that season was the 1-2 punch of Nelson and West. I feel KM can be just as good as Jameer was that 03-04 season (especially with the year off!), will one of the juniors be able to be his Delonte West? Considering what MM, JB and DE have shown in their freshman seasons, it might not be hyperbole to think that SLU can make a St. Joe type run in 2012-13 and it could vault KM to the NBA. Now hand me another Billiken Blue beer bong!

2012-13 would be the comparison between Nelson and KM, to be fair. That would be the senior year for both players. That year will also represent the junior years for MM, JB, DE, RL and JJ and the senior years for CE and CR. It would be far-fetched to see a 30-2 season from this team, but would it be too far-fetched to see KM putting up the same type of stats that Nelson did his same senior year, while a combo of MM, JB and DE were able to match the production of Delonte West and Pat Carroll?

What made St. Joe's so good that season was the 1-2 punch of Nelson and West. I feel KM can be just as good as Jameer was that 03-04 season (especially with the year off!), will one of the juniors be able to be his Delonte West? Considering what MM, JB and DE have shown in their freshman seasons, it might not be hyperbole to think that SLU can make a St. Joe type run in 2012-13 and it could vault KM to the NBA. Now hand me another Billiken Blue beer bong!

That last statement won't seem so far fetched when people see KM munching on people in the lane next year.

Sweet 16 next year. 2012-2013 could be magical.

I haven't seen Kwamain play for a while, but Jameer Nelson was NATIONAL player of the year, and is now a borderline NBA All Star. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Having said that, KM is a stud who should challenge for A-10 player of the year next year.

I haven't seen Kwamain play for a while, but Jameer Nelson was NATIONAL player of the year, and is now a borderline NBA All Star. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Having said that, KM is a stud who should challenge for A-10 player of the year next year.

Larry Legend was national freshman of the year...both schools failed to capitalize on the success in the recruiting dept. St. Joe's is now completely irrelevant in every mind that does not belong to Joe Lunardi.

The above is a good point ..... if you accept the position that St. Joe's is irrelevant (and I do) how about that ... from the top to the bottom in less than a decade. This is the very sustainability I am talking about. SLU can and does catch lightning in a bottle ---- Gray & Douglas, Claggs, the Legend, Miracle in Memphis ---- we just have no staying power whatsoever. We are a recurring blip every now and then who's last blip is comin gup on twelve eyars ago.

Boytoy-

I previously predicted a lottery pick. Probably in the 6-10 range, I think his lack of height will keep him from going in the 1st 5 picks.

Ah, you're right, you did. I generally skip your posts unless you are making fun of someone and/or smacking Metz around.

KM goes number 17 to the Bucks.

Ah, you're right, you did. I generally skip your posts unless you are making fun of someone and/or smacking Metz around.

You know what, Moy, Backhand and I go way back to Lower Level Walsh back in 01-02. We have a pretty good rapport with each other and it is in jest when he says what he says. I get that. I personally know Backhand and I consider him a close friend. Your animosity towards me is based solely on hate and evil. Just go away. What the hell prompted you to include that in your post? Do you just hate me so much that you're inclined to chide me at every opportunity? I have 5 posts per day and I'm going to use this one to ask the moderators on this board to punish you for this. You are acting like a child and it is disgusting, rude and shows that you are only on here to belittle people so that you feel better about yourself when you step in front of a mirror. You disgust me and I'm sure you disgust a lot of people on here. Moderators, please act accordingly. This is getting a little old. If you have a problem with me, moy, don't try to disguise it in a post. You can come talk to me directly. I welcome civil discourse.

You know what, Moy, Backhand and I go way back to Lower Level Walsh back in 01-02. We have a pretty good rapport with each other and it is in jest when he says what he says. I get that. I personally know Backhand and I consider him a close friend. Your animosity towards me is based solely on hate and evil. Just go away. What the hell prompted you to include that in your post? Do you just hate me so much that you're inclined to chide me at every opportunity? I have 5 posts per day and I'm going to use this one to ask the moderators on this board to punish you for this. You are acting like a child and it is disgusting, rude and shows that you are only on here to belittle people so that you feel better about yourself when you step in front of a mirror. You disgust me and I'm sure you disgust a lot of people on here. Moderators, please act accordingly. This is getting a little old. If you have a problem with me, moy, don't try to disguise it in a post. You can come talk to me directly. I welcome civil discourse.

Was the post you are referring to from Moy deleted? I'm not sure from I am reading from Moy what set you off?

Was the post you are referring to from Moy deleted? I'm not sure from I am reading from Moy what set you off?

Nope, it's the one right before Metz's. This is just one of his typical "woe is me. I'm such a martyr. whatever have I done for you to be so mean to me. moderators please ban [insert name of poster] because he's a big meanie. thanks in advance." posts.

It will be based soley on how many dunks he has during the year. I have done the mathmatical calculations and you are right on with the 17th pick. However, that is based upon 23 dunks during the year. He will go one pick sooner for every 2 dunks over 23. However, he'll also fall a slot for every dunk under 23. If he fails to get 10 dunks he won't get drafted at all. The calculations are based upon my advanced study of dunkometrics.

After SLU becomes the first team since Bobby Knight's 1976 Indiana team to go undefeated en route to a National Championship, KM will be the 3rd player taken in the 2013 NBA draft.

I like the sound of that!

At the risk of being banned again I will challenge this post based on hypocrisy. You seem to justify your shots at people based on some holy crusade you've created for yourself but when other people do something to you believe it is out of nothing more than hate as if you have never said an unkind word about anyone or two anyone. Example: you Suggesting that i should commit suicide. I cant imagine treating someone in that abides by gods laws. That's all I have to say.