Bills offer Smith

Not sure how we got dragged into this, but we think we're doing a pretty nice job over at HeardThisBlog.com

you are, keep it up. Thank You.

Metz, why take a stab at someone who is just providing us info, and more info than we've probably ever gotten from an outside source.

Why don't we just trust that RM can evaluate talent. Seriously, on talent alone, how many misses has he had?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how we got dragged into this, but we think we're doing a pretty nice job over at HeardThisBlog.com

I, for one, appreciate everything you guys are doing over there. As others have already stated, keep up the good work! You should probably consider the source of the comment before taking offense.

Metz, why take a stab at someone who is just providing us info, and more info than we've probably ever gotten from an outside source.

Why don't we just trust that RM can evaluate talent. Seriously, on talent alone, how many misses has he had?

Agreed on every point you made.

Not a jab, but just wondering what publication dubbed them "Your Ultimate A-10 Recruiting Resource" as it says on their Facebook page after only being up for a month. Would like to see some transparency there.

heard this blog, i agree with the other's. after about 6 years of being shut out of recruiting information of any kind it is nice to hear some tidbits. thanks a lot.

Not a jab, but just wondering what publication dubbed them "Your Ultimate A-10 Recruiting Resource" as it says on their Facebook page after only being up for a month. Would like to see some transparency there.

[/quote

Got any links to anyone better? It's a f..king blog about A10 recruiting who has provided us with good info and even responds to requests to try anf get additional info ... who cares who "dubbed" them anything. You're kidding with the transparency quote ... I hope.

Of course it was a jab?

I appreciate the little tidbits they get in..but whoever called out nate shows how dumb people on this board can be... what is your day job? banker? lawyer? I have no clue...but when you call out someone who has a job in sports and has been so closely affiliated with the team over the past three years, you prove you are ignorant.

and the blog is nice, but the self promotion is a little on the unprofessional side. ie. tweeting about getting on radio shows and tweeting at willie things like "we will be following you this year" .. that is weak

I will "like" the blog when it gets more credibility than an intern and a u-news employee...

also.. they really sell "heard this briefs" ?????

http://www.cafepress.com/heardthisblog.529632864

Got any links to anyone better? It's a f..king blog about A10 recruiting who has provided us with good info and even responds to requests to try anf get additional info ... who cares who "dubbed" them anything. You're kidding with the transparency quote ... I hope.

I do care and I'm not kidding. Nate wouldn't have paid good money for that journalism degree if all he had to do was set up a blog and call himself "The Ultimate Resource for XYZ." Their blog is a slap in the face to the profession.

I appreciate the little tidbits they get in..but whoever called out nate shows how dumb people on this board can be... what is your day job? banker? lawyer? I have no clue...but when you call out someone who has a job in sports and has been so closely affiliated with the team over the past three years, you prove you are ignorant.

and the blog is nice, but the self promotion is a little on the unprofessional side. ie. tweeting about getting on radio shows and tweeting at willie things like "we will be following you this year" .. that is weak

I will "like" the blog when it gets more credibility than an intern and a u-news employee...

+100

Randy. You're an ######.

Keep up the good work Heard this Blog!!

Do you guys at HeardThisBlog really just call up these recruits and coaches, tell them you run an internet blog, ask them who's recruiting them, who they're interested in, who they're visiting and when, and they answer all your questions? How do you get their phone numbers? I hate to agree with Metz and his buddy Randy but it seems a bit fishy to me.

Do you guys at HeardThisBlog really just call up these recruits and coaches, tell them you run an internet blog, ask them who's recruiting them, who they're interested in, who they're visiting and when, and they answer all your questions? How do you get their phone numbers? I hate to agree with Metz and his buddy Randy but it seems a bit fishy to me.

Bingo. +100

Randy. You're an ######.

Keep up the good work Heard this Blog!!

Although I am a bit hurt that you referred to me as 6 "#" symbols rather than something a bit more creative, I will overlook it..

But I still am waiting to hear your credentials (banker/lawyer/basket weaver) which deems you privy to calling out credible sources on this site over a recruiting issue...

The kid is obviously not going to be able to come in and contribute on this team.. so if he is going to come in and ride the bench, aside from the athletic full ride, why wouldnt he go to the big 10 and sit the bench? He probably would get a very good academic scholarship as well as play teams closer to home...I'm not sure why we even offered him other than a practice player... I vote, unless we get a big, to keep the scholarships and fill the needs that become apparent after this upcoming season..

Although I am a bit hurt that you referred to me as 6 "#" symbols rather than something a bit more creative, I will overlook it..

But I still am waiting to hear your credentials (banker/lawyer/basket weaver) which deems you privy to calling out credible sources on this site over a recruiting issue...

The kid is obviously not going to be able to come in and contribute on this team.. so if he is going to come in and ride the bench, aside from the athletic full ride, why wouldnt he go to the big 10 and sit the bench? He probably would get a very good academic scholarship as well as play teams closer to home...I'm not sure why we even offered him other than a practice player... I vote, unless we get a big, to keep the scholarships and fill the needs that become apparent after this upcoming season..

randy that is the censor software for the board that put the 6 #'s over the word that clock used.

and btw randy, 30 ACT scores dont swing full ride athletic scholarships. not even close enough to get a full ride academic scholarship. some schools might be borderline acceptance.

I do care and I'm not kidding. Nate wouldn't have paid good money for that journalism degree if all he had to do was set up a blog and call himself "The Ultimate Resource for XYZ." Their blog is a slap in the face to the profession.

Paying for a journalism degree doesn't give you any more or less right to have a blog and post info or articles. I'd hope it actually makes you better at it, but my experiences tell me that's not always true. If he's not any good or doesn't provide a service anyone is interested in, people will quit reading. As it stands now it seems most posters do like the guys info.

Randy. Deal with it. The name fits. I only wish it weren't deleted/changed.

And BTW, Nate's a big boy and doesn't need you to protect him. With that said, maybe you don't know that Nate is no longer pursuing the Billikens like he has in the past. Instead, Nate has accepted what, IMO, is a long-overdue offer from the Post Dispatch and no longer has the time time to spend on our Bills like he did in the past. I truly wish Nate the best. Even so, I still wonder what Nate meant when he said "doesn't say much for SLU's recruiting efforts this spring." To me, the post came across like another groundless dig on our headcoach. Sorry, but I stick up for RM. Deal with that as well.

Nate. Care to share what RM/Bills and the Bills have really been doing this Spring? What did you mean by your post? Like NH, do you believe RM is lazy?

Actually, yep. :lol:

We do live in an era where people consider TMZ and the Daily Show news...

That's nice, but despite what people think on this board, we do have credibility through the University News and, because we've been very successful in our first month, and because kids want to get their names out there, we actually do have credibility with the recruits.

Randy. Deal with it. The name fits. I only wish it weren't deleted/changed.

And BTW, Nate's a big boy and doesn't need you to protect him. With that said, maybe you don't know that Nate is no longer pursuing the Billikens like he has in the past. Instead, Nate has accepted what, IMO, is a long-overdue offer from the Post Dispatch and no longer has the time time to spend on our Bills like he did in the past. I truly wish Nate the best. Even so, I still wonder what Nate meant when he said "doesn't say much for SLU's recruiting efforts this spring." To me, the post came across like another groundless dig on our headcoach. Sorry, but I stick up for RM. Deal with that as well.

Nate. Care to share what RM/Bills and the Bills have really been doing this Spring? What did you mean by your post? Like NH, do you believe RM is lazy?

You should start the 'Deal with it' blog. I'm sure you would gain instant credibility.

And I don't want to speak for him, but I took it for what it was.. We lost our head recruiter/assistant coach... I'm sure the recruiting efforts took a big hit..and when when PM put as much time and energy into recruiting theses guys as he did, the kids developed a connection more with him rather than the university. And when we wer'e competing against high majors for guys, we probably lost our shot at landing any of them.. so trying to get AJ involved with high grade recruits in such a short time period seems like a lost cause.. so therefore they need bodies, and this kid is someone we could get

That's nice, but despite what people think on this board, we do have credibility through the University News and, because we've been very successful in our first month, and because kids want to get their names out there, we actually do have credibility with the recruits.

How do you measure success? Success is a pretty vague term when you're dealing with an Internet blog.