Coach on KMOX

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy-

I think you are wrong. I hope cassity doesn't get 30mpg.

i agree i hope cassity doesnt get 30 mpg as well. :rolleyes:

I think the pressure on KC to score will always be there. RM has always stated that he wants him to shoot and gets frustrated when he doesn't. While I agree there will be more scoring options and the need for him to be the go to scorer will not be there, he will always have pressure to shoot the ball.

I think the pressure on KC to score will always be there. RM has always stated that he wants him to shoot and gets frustrated when he doesn't. While I agree there will be more scoring options and the need for him to be the go to scorer will not be there, he will always have pressure to shoot the ball.

He can't shoot from the bench.

I'm glad you changed your mind.

let this be an example to all you youngsters out there. steroids are bad.

Roy is correct. He stated that KC will not get 30 a game but will be 2nd on the team in minutes. I agree with him to a certain point, in that I think after KM, the minutes among on the team will be very close, meaning that someone who is 6th will have close to the same minutes as someone who is 2nd.

Roy also made valid points about why KC will continue to get a lot of minutes. However, I do have to disagree with one point. KC did not rebound well last season. He had a couple of decent rebounding games towards the end of the season, but overall he averaged 2.3 RPG. When looking at his rebounds per minutes played, we see that he averaged a rebound every 13.58 minutes. Only MM (14.2) and PE (28.3) rebounded less frequently than KC.

I used to think this before WR left, now I don't think so. There will be too much pressure to get points out of our guards because we can't rely on the bigs to score very much. So I think MM, JJ, and JB will take a lot more of KC's minutes.

Also, I do not believe we will run a conventional lineup next year, with traditional size at PF and C. I think our bigs stunk this year. There is little reason to believe that 2 of them will improve dramatically, though I think 1 of them might. Either way, it would seem like the good money is on DE playing the majority of the minutes at PF, while trying to overcome our size deficiency with solid defense and scoring. We have a lot of options at the 3, with JB, KC, and even JJ. Plenty of teams have made it to the tournament with a 6'5" PF, especially if he is a good rebounder.

It's hard to judge how good our back court will be on a national level, but I agree with NH when comparing it to the A10. We will be very, very good at the 1-3 spots. I think some of you will change your opinion on this matter when you see just how good Kwamain is nowadays. I also think Barnett will live up to expectations.

You are exactly right about KM. Most don't realize how good he really is going to be. He will be the best college guard in the conference next year. Not the best pro prospect but the best college guard.

Our backcourt should be really good next year. The key is JB and I agree that he will live up to the hype.

I don't understand the joy some take in ripping KC. I don't think they understand how truly awful this past season would have been without him.

We are talking about among the worst Billiken teams ever without him.

I don't understand the joy some take in ripping KC. I don't think they understand how truly awful this past season would have been without him.

This was an awful team with him last year. That's saying a lot.

This was an awful team with him last year. That's saying a lot.

dreams, just curious if the 175 of 345 teams is "awful", what are the 170 teams below them?

where is the breakdown of great, good, ok, mediocre, etc?

my point is, "awful" to me sounds like the worst. i would say we were mediocre again last season.

dreams, just curious if the 175 of 345 teams is "awful", what are the 170 teams below them?

where is the breakdown of great, good, ok, mediocre, etc?

my point is, "awful" to me sounds like the worst. i would say we were mediocre again last season.

Let me run it down for you.

No tournament, out in first round of conference tournament, 11 D-I wins out of 30 games. Does that sound good to you?

And to be fair and answer your question...even worse.

Let me run it down for you.

No tournament, out in first round of conference tournament, 11 D-I wins out of 30 games. Does that sound good to you?

about 250 teams out of 350 can say that. again, i dont think it is good, it should and could be a lot better, but i dont think it is "awful". it could be a lot worse. centurary, cent arkansas, radford, georgia southern, didnt even win 3 games. the likes of indiana, iowa, nevada, drake, oregon state, bradley, depaul, houston, all below us in rpi with worse records. like i said, the billikens werent good, but we werent awful. a lot of schools were worse.

about 250 teams out of 350 can say that. again, i dont think it is good, it should and could be a lot better, but i dont think it is "awful". it could be a lot worse. centurary, cent arkansas, radford, georgia southern, didnt even win 3 games. the likes of indiana, iowa, nevada, drake, oregon state, bradley, depaul, houston, all below us in rpi with worse records. like i said, the billikens werent good, but we werent awful. a lot of schools were worse.

A lot of other schools being worse does not change SLU's fate or record last year. 11-19 isn't good no matter how you slice it. So I stand by my original assertion that the record was awful last year. It will get better, but that doesn't change the past.

Fellow Billiken Fans,

Last year was rough especially due to the high expectations following the A10 regular season results the year prior. However, we should not be this negative about last year, our offense came from guys just 1 yr removed from high school. I am excited to see these guys mature and get out of the court next year with Mitchell. I also don't understand all of the anger towards Cassity, I guess he just became the target to unload frustration.

I think the visual of Obama at ground zero with our NYC firefighters really put things into perspective for me this week. Looking forward to next season!

“If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress.” - Barack Obama

Patrick

Fellow Billiken Fans,

Last year was rough especially due to the high expectations following the A10 regular season results the year prior. However, we should not be this negative about last year, our offense came from guys just 1 yr removed from high school. I am excited to see these guys mature and get out of the court next year with Mitchell. I also don't understand all of the anger towards Cassity, I guess he just became the target to unload frustration.

I think the visual of Obama at ground zero with our NYC firefighters really put things into perspective for me this week. Looking forward to next season!

“If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress.” - Barack Obama

Patrick

Last year was, well, not good. Next season will be much better. As long as the Bills do things right, I think that's where your Obama quote is headed.

for the money spent on this program recently (new stadium, hof head coach, budget increases for the program) it is awful. vand yes, it is that simple.

Fellow Billiken Fans,

Patrick

Is it just me, or is it painfully obvious that this is another poster using an alias?

A lot of other schools being worse does not change SLU's fate or record last year. 11-19 isn't good no matter how you slice it. So I stand by my original assertion that the record was awful last year. It will get better, but that doesn't change the past.

So SLU was "awful" last year and in the Quinton Chievous thread you said Tennessee is a "bad BCS team." Keep in mind Tennessee has been to the Dance each of the past 6 years. Do you believe the only teams in the country that can be called "good" are Duke, UNC, Syracuse, UConn, Kentucky, ect?

I think brianstl's point is being lost now. What he doesn't understand, and others as well, is why do many on this board enjoy ripping on KC? It is a fair question. I feel it is completely fair to be critical of him, as it is with any player. But with KC, it has devolved into taking personal potshots at him. Sure, he didn't become the scorer we wanted him to become with KM's and WR's absence last season, and it was at many times frustrating to watch him play, but to lay the blame of last season at his feet seems extremely unfair.

So SLU was "awful" last year and in the Quinton Chievous thread you said Tennessee is a "bad BCS team." Keep in mind Tennessee has been to the Dance each of the past 6 years. Do you believe the only teams in the country that can be called "good" are Duke, UNC, Syracuse, UConn, Kentucky, ect?

I have a very narrow definition of good. The infractions committee will determine how good Tennessee is as a program going forward. So what do you think of 11-19?