Bills vs Dayton GDT

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gregory's going to make his guys run 5 suicides and go to bed at 11 tonight. Tuff luuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvv

Posted Image

I think Crying Dawson needs to be the next giant head in the student section. Somebody take that photo in to the Xavier Annex and get it blown up.

Definitely the best overall game I've seen the Bills play all season. Great win! Brian Gregory has to be the worst game coach in D-1 history. Once again, all 4 freshmen contributed nicely. Rob Loe with 3 blocks to go with his 14 points and 5 rebounds. McCall with another nice scoring night (17 points.) Jett had foul issues yet still had a solid overall game (6 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds). Evans mixed it up all night and came away with 9 points and 7 boards and 2 nice assists (including one to Remekun for a nasty DUNK!)

Also, nice to see Christian continue to gain confidence as the season is ending and bang home 3 treys and score 11 overall. With Loe, McCall and Salecich scoring early, Cassity was able to play his game and looked very comfortable. He grabbed 7 boards, dished off 5 assists, played excellent defense and even hit a couple of treys. Obviously, this is what he brings to the table and his value is apparent when others shoulder the scoring load. Nice game for him.

How terrible did Dayton play tonight when they only got whistled for 9 fouls, got to the line 24 times (to our 9) yet still got blown out by 18? (And they were actually down 26 until scoring the last 8 points in garbage time!) The refs were doing their best to hand them the game all night (poor Conklin was getting whisteld for fouls when he was on the bench, I think) and all they could do was pull down their pants and crap on their home court on Senior Night! Also, I agree with others who wonder what could have been for Chris Wright if he had played for a coach who would have developed his game. He looks know different than he did his freshman season. When I saw him that year, I swore that he was bound for the NBA. Now, I doubt he will ever get there and it is mostly due to playing for a little girl.

20+ turnovers is a little much but I think some of them were the result of having a 20+ point lead.

Hard to keep your concentration with that kind of margin for error.

Other than that all I can say is WOW!!!

Best they have looked this year by far! Just goes to show you that when a college team gets hot they can do just about anything.

GoBills ---- Jett was 3-of-6 from the floor. I saw him miss a layup late in the second half when challenged by Wright and others. So deducting that, he was 3-for-5. I see you've pointed ou the made another mid-range jumper. Great. What was the remaining 2-for-4 shooting? Why, they were two lay-ups late in the first half (according to the box score on the Bills web site).

I am sorry ---- I don't see where making one mid-range shot means he has a decent and consistent mid-range shot. Which is what I believe and effective point guard needs to keep the op[position honest. We all know he has no three point shot. Conversely, McMcall goes 5-for-9 with three point shots being 3-for-5. That leaves two additional shots which are both jumpers. All five buckets are mid-range or beyond.

There's a shooter in my book. And Jett can't change my min din a game. It has to be a body of work. If not a season then at least a month.

GoBills ---- Jett was 3-of-6 from the floor. I saw him miss a layup late in the second half when challenged by Wright and others. So deducting that, he was 3-for-5. I see you've pointed ou the made another mid-range jumper. Great. What was the remaining 2-for-4 shooting? Why, they were two lay-ups late in the first half (according to the box score on the Bills web site).

I am sorry ---- I don't see where making one mid-range shot means he has a decent and consistent mid-range shot. Which is what I believe and effective point guard needs to keep the op[position honest. We all know he has no three point shot. Conversely, McMcall goes 5-for-9 with three point shots being 3-for-5. That leaves two additional shots which are both jumpers. All five buckets are mid-range or beyond.

There's a shooter in my book. And Jett can't change my min din a game. It has to be a body of work. If not a season then at least a month.

Newsflash - this just in - McCall is a better shooter than Jett.

Can we drop it now? I'm pretty sure the horse is dead, so quit beating it.

I honestly can't remember Jett missing an open mid-range jumper. There's my verdict. He and Christian can both drill it from 17 feet.

I honestly can't remember Jett missing an open mid-range jumper. There's my verdict. He and Christian can both drill it from 17 feet.

That's an interesting observation. With the exception of last night, Salecich has struggled with the 3, but he seems like he is money if he just takes a step or two inside the 3-point line. Same thing with Jett. The smart thing about Jett is that has pretty much stopped attempting 3-pointers and stuck to mid-range shots and drives to the basket.