Chicago State GDT

Hey GoBills ..... I suspect even you and (maybe) I could make them against Chicago State. Making them when they count, outside of a layup, is a stretch for Mr. Jett. I'm not saying sh*t-can, I'm saying as an adequate D1 and A10 point guard, he needs work.

Sorry Taj, the guy is shooting 44% from 2 point land for the season and when i left was 3-3 on deep two pointers when the game was still relatively close. Not sure what more you want, but he has shown he's decent from 2 point land.

Sure, he definitely has other aspects to work on.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what just happened? I walked away for 20 seconds and come back and everyone is out on the floor and now theres a technical on Chicago St. Can someone fill me in?

DE got a contested def. board. CSU guy wouldn't let go of his arm. Foul finally called at the same time DE forcefully pulled his arm away. He and CSU guy were almost chest-to-chest. Teams came together, pushing and shoving ensued. Daly was in the middle of it.

Sorry, moy, but I say we take out the layups and do a recount on those stats. Games I have seen, JJ can drive the lane like no one we have ... I'll grant that. But what does 44% dip to if you take out those layups? I expect my point to be able to ahndle ball, dish the assist, make free throws at the end and shoot the occassional jumper with a percentage that keeps the defense honest and not dropping off. I am not convinced Jett can do the last two just yet.

Sorry, moy, but I say we take out the layups and do a recount on those stats. Games I have seen, JJ can drive the lane like no one we have ... I'll grant that. But what does 44% dip to if you take out those layups? I expect my point to be able to ahndle ball, dish the assist, make free throws at the end and shoot the occassional jumper with a percentage that keeps the defense honest and not dropping off. I am not convinced Jett can do the last two just yet.

Agree with you on FT's. Also needs to cut down on turnovers, which he seems to be doing for the most part as compared to the first part of the season.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on his ability to hit the mid-range jumper.

Jett is 28 for 77 from the field for 36%. Take out the 14 threes he's taken and missed and thats 28 for 63 or 46%. I am not going to be roy and go back and argue the boxscores but I have seen the Xavier, GeeDub, Duke, SoMiss, Dayton, Ole Miss, Rhode Island, La Salle and Riochmond games this year and from those memory banks and first impressions, I recall Jett making quite a few layups or driving shots from the foul line and in. My shot selection question is on the mid-range shots --- foul line extended and up to the trey arc.

I'm just saying, right now, and for most of the season, the kid can't shoot that. Who would you rather have .... shoot .... Jett or McCall/Cassity/Salescich/Eckerle? Jett a shooter he is not.

Take out the layups and take out the 3-point shots and I bet you would find that he probably has made a high percentage of mid-range shots. I have seen most games and he has probably hit the most mid-range jumpers on the team.

Jett is 28 for 77 from the field for 36%. Take out the 14 threes he's taken and missed and thats 28 for 63 or 46%. I am not going to be roy and go back and argue the boxscores but I have seen the Xavier, GeeDub, Duke, SoMiss, Dayton, Ole Miss, Rhode Island, La Salle and Riochmond games this year and from those memory banks and first impressions, I recall Jett making quite a few layups or driving shots from the foul line and in. My shot selection question is on the mid-range shots --- foul line extended and up to the trey arc.

I'm just saying, right now, and for most of the season, the kid can't shoot that. Who would you rather have .... shoot .... Jett or McCall/Cassity/Salescich/Eckerle? Jett a shooter he is not.

Who on the team has made more mid-range jumpers? I can't think of anybody. It is a tough shot. He consistently knocks them down from the baseline and beyond the free throw line. He hits them off the dribble and off the pass effectively. I agree that his free throw shooting and 3s have been poor, but definitely not midrange. When you look at those percentages inside the arc, keep in mind that while he is good driving to the basket, there have been plenty of misses mixed in there as well.

Almost? He airballed that by 3 feet. I know there are nerves but it was one of the worst free throws I have ever seen

He did indeed airball it by quite a bit. I think those that were left in the building maybe put too much pressure on him at the end. We kept yelling 'SHOOT!' every time he got the ball and when we saw he was shooting the techs the place became really loud. Also, he had just been punched in the face by 24 prior to shooting. Lots of pressure to place on a walk-on!

Daly was great. Hits a shot after missing 4 straight badly. Evans and Salecich are getting pushed around Daly jumps right in, takes on the Chicago St squad. Then airballs the tech, the whole arena laughed and so did he.

That's the entire track and field squad?

For the record, if anyone cares, those were the 5 members of the track and field team that were all-conference performers this season (including 2 A10 champions). After that I believe they brought out the academic all-conference folks (something like 14 men and 17 women) since I think they were out of town when the rest of the athletes were honored for that.

A good indoor season for the track teams on both sides. Hopefully they continue to improve during the outdoor season.

GoBills ----- you are obviously pro-Jett, I can applaud that. I don't know if anyone has made "more" mid-range jump shots then Jett but let's look at the obvious numbers .... the kid has made 28 shots in 26 games. That amounts to making one shot per game. One! If you add in last night's 3-for-3 effort, its 31 shots in 27 games ---- which really doesn't increase the totals much. I know I saw him make a put-back dunk against someone this year so I know deducting that layup lowers things. If this is the guy making mid-range jumpers, and you can't think of anyone else as you post says, then the whole team can't shoot which is pretty much what I've been saying since last off season.

I do no think its a comfort when our best mid-range shooter is making a shot a game.

Like me and moy, let's agree we disagree.

I apologize ... I don't know what happen with my stats last night but ont today's stats, I see where Jett's totals are 80-for-188 in FGs with 4-for-23 in 3pt FGs. So ignore things above.

I still think he can't shoot well. And I agree that he's a freshman and should get better. I don't want to see a remake of Randy Pulley.