Beach Night

bk18

Any truth to the rumor that John Stamos will be performing with the Beach Boys at half time?

Posted Image

Larry,

yes the rumors are true that John Stamos will be wearing beach themed attire at this game, I cannot speak for the beach boys however. In an effort to show support for Mr. Stamos, I think all the alumni should wear beach themed clothes as well. I, for one, will have my finest Tommy Bahama piece on.

How appropriate for the opponent. URI is the state university for the Ocean State and is located in a town that has the Atlantic Ocean as it southern boundary. The school has a world class oceanography school that the man who located the Titantic (Robert Ballard) is both a graduate and current professor. The URI campus is just miles from the coast and surf magazines rate it as one of the best surf colleges in the US.

Surfline top surfing colleges: URI #7 Surf College in USA

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/official-guide-to-surf-colleges-at-the-beach_25098/

How appropriate for the opponent. URI is the state university for the Ocean State and is located in a town that has the Atlantic Ocean as it southern boundary. The school has a world class oceanography school that the man who located the Titantic (Robert Ballard) is both a graduate and current professor. The URI campus is just miles from the coast and surf magazines rate it as one of the best surf colleges in the US.

Surfline top surfing colleges: URI #7 Surf College in USA

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/official-guide-to-surf-colleges-at-the-beach_25098/

Great info RF1! Seriously though I encourage everyone going to the game to take part in the theme. One of the coolest things about college basketball is home court advantage and fan interest. This is a small thing to add to that!

Go Bills!

Considering our record I dont expect a good student turnout, hopefully they prove me wrong.

Im talking about alumni fans participating in this as well. I will be. Non-student fans can be loud and particpate in other home-court advantage events (instead of sitting on their hands the whole game)

other than a facebook event that the members "Slunatics Group" were invited to, there hasn't been hardly any advertising for the game or the theme. i guess we'll just get the big banner tomorrow and then complain win not enough students show up. i don't want to offend anyone, but the student marketing for these games just isn't that good.

other than a facebook event that the members "Slunatics Group" were invited to, there hasn't been hardly any advertising for the game or the theme. i guess we'll just get the big banner tomorrow and then complain win not enough students show up. i don't want to offend anyone, but the student marketing for these games just isn't that good.

Its obvious that you arent offending anyone because if you were things would of changed in the past 20 years. Marketing games to the students has always been dreadful outside of 1 or 2 big games a year.

http://www.slubillikens.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012411aaa.html

one would think if it was "beach night" slu would say so in the official game preview article. :blink:

Official versus unofficial, broy. Looks to be student-generated and kudos to them for trying (albeit not all that well as osme others have discussed). Marketing and SLU haven't been connected since old Bonowich's dad was replaced by his granddaughter (good work, tho, on that front, Joe!).

Official versus unofficial, broy. Looks to be student-generated and kudos to them for trying (albeit not all that well as osme others have discussed). Marketing and SLU haven't been connected since old Bonowich's dad was replaced by his granddaughter (good work, tho, on that front, Joe!).

i'm defending joe's daughter. she noticed the billiken painted on my backyard basketball court but good ole dad didnt. B) she was obviously born to be a billiken