The Missour St. Series

kshoe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your coach should take that advice. Whining about it last night. "Wah, wah. They won't play us." St. Louis is irrelevent for MSU in terms of exposure. The Valley Tournament helps us enough. With SIU listing, this is the ONE game every year where SLU can gain regional credibility and that is why Majerus is upset. He knows that no one cares when SLU beats Saint Bonaventure or Fordham, but people surely care when about MSU. We have name recognition and no one in the A10 has that with the possible exception of Xavier or Temple.

Honestly I had never heard of SMS, MS, teacher's college, or whatever it is called until becoming a fan of the SLU basketball program. Had known about Fordham and STB way before that. Would rather win against them IMO.

Honestly I had never heard of SMS, MS, teacher's college, or whatever it is called until becoming a fan of the SLU basketball program. Had known about Fordham and STB way before that. Would rather win against them IMO.

That's sad. Sweet Sixteen in 1999. Final Four in women's bball in 2001. CWS appearance in baseball in 2003. All pretty impressive. If you can't see that, then it is pointless to reason with you.

And the one dude was bragging about Dayton winning the NIT. That's irrelevent. No one pays attention to that on a national level.

That's sad. Sweet Sixteen in 1999. Final Four in women's bball in 2001. CWS appearance in baseball in 2003. All pretty impressive. If you can't see that, then it is pointless to reason with you.

And the one dude was bragging about Dayton winning the NIT. That's irrelevent. No one pays attention to that on a national level.

I can guarantee you no one on the national level remembers any of those things except for maybe the womans final four and all they would remember about that is Jackie Stiles.

16 teams make the sweet 16 each year. It's not the final four or anything. Good accomplishment, especially for a directional school, but you didn't build on it at all.

So what you're saying is you don't meth around?

17-7.

I'm all for playing you guys next year, but it didn't work out. Like others said, you had the chance to sign a 4-year contract a few years ago and you dicked around and didn't do it. It's your fault we're not playing next year just as much as it is ours. It is too bad that we don't get to play a big East coast power like SLU next year though. I don't know what we'll do without that game on our schedule.

17-7.

I'm all for playing you guys next year, but it didn't work out. Like others said, you had the chance to sign a 4-year contract a few years ago and you dicked around and didn't do it. It's your fault we're not playing next year just as much as it is ours. It is too bad that we don't get to play a big East coast power like SLU next year though. I don't know what we'll do without that game on our schedule.

I think Bass Pro is calling your name. We'll see ya in a few years!

Ya sorry I don't remember the fluke teams who made it to the Sweet 16 when I was in fourth grade. That truly is "sad." And I still couldn't tell you who made the final four in women's basketball this past year, let alone in 5th grade. I admit, that is really cool on both accounts, but the argument here is about the national radar. I 27 visited schools all around the country before choosing SLU. I think that I had a pretty good idea of the national radar from this, and SMS was definitely never heard of in the discussion. Of course, the US News and World Report and Princeton Review's best 371 colleges were a big part of this. I didn't explore many schools below the rank of 371...

So let's look at the scoreboard for post season appearances for the last decade.

SLU men's basketball NCAA appearance 2000 SWMS none

SWMS women's basketball 2001 SLU none

SLU baseball CWS appearance 2006 Mo. St 2003

SLU volleyball NCAA appearance 2006, 2008(RPI 8th in the nation) & 2009

Final score for the last decade SLU 5 SWMS/Mo St 2

Nothing impressive about that

SLU by 3 over SWMS/Mo. St.

I am confused why a guy name Mizzoumike is defending THE Missouri State University. UMC wont play MSU either since last time they played they got smoked and Al Fontleroy won an ESPY dunking on Albert White. UMC has been trying to hold MSU down for years so make up your damn mind. BTW, no one still cares about WBB other than Lady Bears fans.

Prove there was a verbal contract then. Those tend to be a little tougher to prove valid.

Even a person as stoopid as I am, with a lowly state school edumacation can figure out you're inferring it with your last comment, so you might as well make the comment. We get it, you're inferring that Missouri State is ranked below SLU, and is located in a smaller city.

Respect for others will serve you well in life my friend. Emotional intelligence and respect for others will further your career quite a bit, especially if you have a valuable degree to go with it.

Speakers and writers imply; listeners and readers infer.

So let's look at the scoreboard for post season appearances for the last decade.

SLU men's basketball NCAA appearance 2000 SWMS none

SWMS women's basketball 2001 SLU none

SLU baseball CWS appearance 2006 Mo. St 2003

SLU volleyball NCAA appearance 2006, 2008(RPI 8th in the nation) & 2009

Final score for the last decade SLU 5 SWMS/Mo St 2

Nothing impressive about that

SLU by 3 over SWMS/Mo. St.

Way to make up things, SLU baseball did not make the College World Series in 2006. They made an NCAA Regional (as they did this year) and went 0-2 in Malibu (as they did this year). Also MSU made two other NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament appearances this decade. MSU volleyball made the NCAA Tournament in 2005, 2010, and I believe one or two additional trips this decade. Maybe not relevent to many, but if you are going to create a scoreboard you should at least try to keep an accurate tally.

I am confused why a guy name Mizzoumike is defending THE Missouri State University. UMC wont play MSU either since last time they played they got smoked and Al Fontleroy won an ESPY dunking on Albert White. UMC has been trying to hold MSU down for years so make up your damn mind. BTW, no one still cares about WBB other than Lady Bears fans.

Went to Mizzou then transferred. It was William Fontleroy that you are referring to by the way. THE Missouri State is tacky and no real Bears fan wants to sound like a stuffy Buckeye fan.

When he signed up for the board three years ago, he was a Mizzou student, but then he transferred to Missouri State. He's a Missouri State fan now, but he hasn't figured out how to change his handle to reflect his allegiance.

Way to make up things, SLU baseball did not make the College World Series in 2006. They made an NCAA Regional (as they did this year) and went 0-2 in Malibu (as they did this year). Also MSU made two other NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament appearances this decade. MSU volleyball made the NCAA Tournament in 2005, 2010, and I believe one or two additional trips this decade. Maybe not relevent to many, but if you are going to create a scoreboard you should at least try to keep an accurate tally.

lol...

Went to Mizzou then transferred. It was William Fontleroy that you are referring to by the way. THE Missouri State is tacky and no real Bears fan wants to sound like a stuffy Buckeye fan.

Maybe I should change my name to Franchise_TarHeel and defend my Blue Devils to Wolfpack fans. Enough, you should have stayed in Boone County.

We are talking about post season appearances...so CWS or NCAA appearance in baseball doesn't change the total. And because I am not a women's volleyball expert, I will give you a few of those to bring your total up to 5. So 5 post season appearances in the last decade by SWMS/Mo St is impressive because....it ties SLU. Good job.

Respect for others will serve you well in life my friend. Emotional intelligence and respect for others will further your career quite a bit, especially if you have a valuable degree to go with it.

Thanks for the advice. Good thing us SLU people have at least one of those things down. It shouldn't be hard to learn the respect one.

you and your coach are coming across like babies in this, seriously.

1) you could have signed a four year deal instead of a 2 year deal last time

2) we didn't have our MWC-MVC game set up as a road game back then

3) Our return game to Nevada was pushed back a year, and they won't let us buy it out.

4) we need the income of a home games

5) scoreboard, suck it.

-I do like this series and hope it continues in 2 years. We enjoy the easy wins against an elite program in the heart of one of our alumni/recruiting areas. I also hope we start playing at UMKC or start playing neutral court games in KC for the exposure in our other large recruiting/alumni area.

Board, CHRISTMAS HAS COME EARLY. All we wanted was this year to finally be the year we break into the ranks of the elite but according to MO state fans we are already there. I love my bills but calling a win over us beating an elite team just screams that your team doesn't beat many good teams.

Never heard of such a program, let alone watched it. Whether you were joking or not, infer is commonly misused to mean imply.

Exactly. They were making fun of how stupid someone was, and then he mixed that up...in a post talking about how stupid I am, I figured it would be appropriate.

Now, back to my meth lab!