No Thunder from Down Under

Ellis, .304 - Salecich, .o83 - Loe, .318 - from 3pt. land. Triangle bets that Too could get on a plane toonight (no, probably toomorrow), fly too the down under and find a trained wallaby (or some other macropod)in a traveling aboriginal circus that could shoot better than these guys. It's just unbelievable how bad these supposedly 3pt shooters are. The 3pt shot is probably the most unguarded shot in basketball - why? - because it is the lowest percentage shot (except for dunks and free throws). Too's analysis is this - these guys are *******. They come over too America on a free ride (more stringent immgration laws?), free education, free USA exposure and expect too just hang around that ole 3pt line and knock down shots. Evidently these players had no idea what is required too play American basketball - there is a lot of hanging and banging - there is a lot of soaring too the boards, inside positioning - it is survival of the fittest! In A-10 basketball, why even guard these guys? Sure, once in awhile a blind wallaby finds an easy basket underneath, but they are few and far between. Triangle nows calls for a complete moratorium for Coach Majerus and his staff on recruiting from countries that summer is winter and winter is summer. There are plenty of basketball players in the US of A. These players are only averaging about 20 minutes a game (roughly), only half a game and for what?

so it goes.

Ellis, .304 - Salecich, .o83 - Loe, .318 - from 3pt. land. Triangle bets that Too could get on a plane toonight (no, probably toomorrow), fly too the down under and find a trained wallaby (or some other macropod)in a traveling aboriginal circus that could shoot better than these guys. It's just unbelievable how bad these supposedly 3pt shooters are. The 3pt shot is probably the most unguarded shot in basketball - why? - because it is the lowest percentage shot (except for dunks and free throws). Too's analysis is this - these guys are *******. They come over too America on a free ride (more stringent immgration laws?), free education, free USA exposure and expect too just hang around that ole 3pt line and knock down shots. Evidently these players had no idea what is required too play American basketball - there is a lot of hanging and banging - there is a lot of soaring too the boards, inside positioning - it is survival of the fittest! In A-10 basketball, why even guard these guys? Sure, once in awhile a blind wallaby finds an easy basket underneath, but they are few and far between. Triangle nows calls for a complete moratorium for Coach Majerus and his staff on recruiting from countries that summer is winter and winter is summer. There are plenty of basketball players in the US of A. These players are only averaging about 20 minutes a game (roughly), only half a game and for what?

so it goes.

Anonymously people ******* on a message board. Guess we all know who the real ***** is.

Too speaks The truth IMO...******* is out of line...but how is it possible that our players seem to regress as they get older. Throw Conklin in that group as well. We might be the softest team in the country right now.

+1 I think however that both CE and RL will be fine. They both have shown that they score. CS' struggles really worry me. I hope he can find something soon.

Sorry that Triangle offended some people on this board - maybe "WIMPS" would have been a better choice.

so it goes.

Don't be mad because your some overweight guy who never made it..I think Majerus knows what he's doing or else he wouldn't get paid 1.2 million..People like you do nothing for this board and only hurt the fan base. Calm down pal

Hey good post George W. Bush. Evidently you think that the lesser amount of money you make negates the right too talk about your opinion on the state of our Billikens. Triangle believes that the freedom of speech and the reaction too that right of the freedom of speech is an essential not only on Billikens.com but too the entire American framework. Triangle does not know where the "overwieght" comment came from, maybe it was just an off the wall remark and/or insult, or maybe there are issues with you and/or your family or friends in this area, whatever. If you do not believe in the opinions on this board then so be it, If you don't believe in the freedom of speech then move too North Korea, Cuba, Somalia, The Sudan, China, etc.

so it goes.

Hey good post George W. Bush. Evidently you think that the lesser amount of money you make negates the right too talk about your opinion on the state of our Billikens. Triangle believes that the freedom of speech and the reaction too that right of the freedom of speech is an essential not only on Billikens.com but too the entire American framework. Triangle does not know where the "overwieght" comment came from, maybe it was just an off the wall remark and/or insult, or maybe there are issues with you and/or your family or friends in this area, whatever. If you do not believe in the opinions on this board then so be it, If you don't believe in the freedom of speech then move too North Korea, Cuba, Somalia, The Sudan, China, etc.

so it goes.

Freedom of speech doesn't cover profanity.

so it goes.

+1. In all reality, the Aussie performance has been nothing short of *****. I will reserve comment on Rob Loe (Not Austrailian). He is young and has shown some heart and intensity.

Didn't Triangle apologize for that? Although with Too's vast experience in profanity, Triangle didn't realize that "*******" in the use that Too meant it was profane, (although the ole lady has a different opinion in the use of the word in relationship too her).

so it goes.

Our bigs often play like *******, I hate to use the word other than its probably RM's word of choice to describe some of these guys.

I have lost hope for Conklin as a player on the court, he can still be a good leader. RL shows signs, but he is so weak on both ends of the floor, I know its stupid but I just want him to dunk it once.

Our bigs often play like *******, I hate to use the word other than its probably RM's word of choice to describe some of these guys.

I have lost hope for Conklin as a player on the court, he can still be a good leader. RL shows signs, but he is so weak on both ends of the floor, I know its stupid but I just want him to dunk it once.

Conklin, Ellis, Loe all played with effort-considering the level of competition i was happiest with Mcall, Jet, Conklin, Ellis in that order; Bradley, Miami (Ohio), and Princeton all just lost by an average of 35.5 and they

did not lose 3 pretty essential players and a couple of role players that averaged 5-6 points as freshmen.

Throw in your towels if you want. It is obvious RM is building for the future rather than trying to play slow down just to minimize the embarrassment. He could have played a shorter team of ballhandlers with a slightly

better outcome but would they have learned anything?

I would say Mc Call, DE, Ellis, Jett, Conklin had a few brief moments-everyone else was smothered up by quicker, stronger players who played as a team.

Conklin, Ellis, Loe all played with effort-considering the level of competition i was happiest with Mcall, Jet, Conklin, Ellis in that order; Bradley, Miami (Ohio), and Princeton all just lost by an average of 35.5 and they

did not lose 3 pretty essential players and a couple of role players that averaged 5-6 points as freshmen.

Throw in your towels if you want. It is obvious RM is building for the future rather than trying to play slow down just to minimize the embarrassment. He could have played a shorter team of ballhandlers with a slightly

better outcome but would they have learned anything?

I would say Mc Call, DE, Ellis, Jett, Conklin had a few brief moments-everyone else was smothered up by quicker, stronger players who played as a team.

No one is throwing the towel. Just pointing out deficiencies, which is no sin.

Could you tell me what Ellis did that encouraged you? He was awful defensively, ineffective on offense.

Just so you know we were playing "slow-down", we are just not as good defensively as we were in the past. We did lose 3 of our top 4 defenders (WR, KM, FJ).

No one is throwing the towel. Just pointing out deficiencies, which is no sin.

Could you tell me what Ellis did that encouraged you? He was awful defensively, ineffective on offense.

Just so you know we were playing "slow-down", we are just not as good defensively as we were in the past. We did lose 3 of our top 4 defenders (WR, KM, FJ).

Can't write these guys off yet. CS though has not shown us much, and his 3 pt shot is a friggin' disaster. RM should consider it a bad shot when he takes it. CE showed promise last year, but if he was sick all summer then he didn't get the necessary work needed. He does need to work on being more than a 3 pt threat. He wants a model, look at the Morris kid that played for the Zags a few years back. Same kind of player who just worked his butt off in the offseason to get better. RL, needs time. He's a frosh. You do wonder why the adjustment from Int ball to D1 is so great. Granted, the INT teams seem to play a lot more disciplined and team oriented game, but still these guys should come in a little better prepared for the adj to D1. They play year round and face the best talent the world has to offer in their age groups. I think RL looks committed to improving his game here under RM. Let's hope so.

CS, stayed the summer in St Louis. I really feel for the guy because you can tell he really trying. As someone said, looks like bad case of the yips. Again, maybe relaxation therapy, meditation, yoga, anything... Shave the beard, maybe that may help.

RL, I think he just needs some time, I hope. Rob looks very dedicated and that's a good sign. I think if KM and WR show up, that may take some pressure off him and we should see more production. I think he has the potential to be a special type of player.

CS, stayed the summer in St Louis. I really feel for the guy because you can tell he really trying. As someone said, looks like bad case of the yips. Again, maybe relaxation therapy, meditation, yoga, anything... Shave the beard, maybe that may help.

RL, I think he just needs some time, I hope. Rob looks very dedicated and that's a good sign. I think if KM and WR show up, that may take some pressure off him and we should see more production. I think he has the potential to be a special type of player.

I erroneously put in my previous post that CE did not stay the summer, he did. My bad.

so it goes.

You have many times in the past demonstrated that you are not a Billikens fan and you are an egomaniac who just loves to "hear yourself talk" but no one in real life will listen so you come to this board and just spew your personal line of bull. Stop pretending you are a Bills fan. You are the type of person that just makes me hate internet boards because you believe that --with a hidden identity-- you can say anything you want and insult anyone you want and hurt anyone you want and then defend your conduct by saying it is your "right" to do so! Go away!

Can't write these guys off yet. CS though has not shown us much, and his 3 pt shot is a friggin' disaster. RM should consider it a bad shot when he takes it. CE showed promise last year, but if he was sick all summer then he didn't get the necessary work needed. He does need to work on being more than a 3 pt threat. He wants a model, look at the Morris kid that played for the Zags a few years back. Same kind of player who just worked his butt off in the offseason to get better. RL, needs time. He's a frosh. You do wonder why the adjustment from Int ball to D1 is so great. Granted, the INT teams seem to play a lot more disciplined and team oriented game, but still these guys should come in a little better prepared for the adj to D1. They play year round and face the best talent the world has to offer in their age groups. I think RL looks committed to improving his game here under RM. Let's hope so.

I don't think they see the quickness on a consistent basis as they see here in the states. They also don't play against players as rugged and with many of their big men playing mostly on the perimeter, they are not used to banging as much.

You have many times in the past demonstrated that you are not a Billikens fan and you are an egomaniac who just loves to "hear yourself talk" but no one in real life will listen so you come to this board and just spew your personal line of bull. Stop pretending you are a Bills fan. You are the type of person that just makes me hate internet boards because you believe that --with a hidden identity-- you can say anything you want and insult anyone you want and hurt anyone you want and then defend your conduct by saying it is your "right" to do so! Go away!

+1000 sir

I'm actually a little more worried about CE then I am about CS. CS can defend and we know he can shoot. I have no idea what is going on with him and it appears nobody else does either. CS can shoot, but for whatever reason cannot get them to go down.

CE on the other hand really has no position based upon his defense. We said all last year he really needs to get quicker if he were to play a 3, but no way he is a three. He is not strong enough to be a 4. It seems CE is a situational player and will play when we have favorable matchups. CE did well last year because of WR and KM. Without them he is just not there.

Courtside said it in another post - we need versatile players. We got to have players who can do it all and if this program is to go to the next level, would a situational player be a starter? I know CE isn't starting but we all expected some big minutes from him this year. Many people on this board say if we continue to recruit strong, a guy like KC would be great as the first guy off the bench. If that is the case, then a guy like CE would be further down the bench if recruited at all.

In regards to Too's post, it's totally unnecessary to call these guys names like that. Maybe they play softer than we would like, but calling them names like that is unnecessary. It's especially unnecessary if the person saying it lacks a high level of toughness as well. Maybe I am wrong, maybe Too is an ironman, but there's a greater chance he isn't. It's easy to watch college or professional sports and call guys names and question their toughness, but too often it comes from guys who have never "manned up" for anything in life. Nobody is saying you need to be able to go out and outperform these guys in their respective sport, but you probably should be a damn tough guy in every aspect of your own life if you want to come out in public and call those in the public life names. But, I guess that's what people love about internet message boards. They can say what they want and can claim what they want about themselves and 90% of the time we'll never know the truth about them.

I'm actually a little more worried about CE then I am about CS. CS can defend and we know he can shoot. I have no idea what is going on with him and it appears nobody else does either. CS can shoot, but for whatever reason cannot get them to go down.

Sorry, but i think you're essentially saying he can't shoot. And that's ok, because it's the truth. Outside of a few exhibitions as a freshman, he has not shown a consistent ability to shoot.

Sorry, but i think you're essentially saying he can't shoot. And that's ok, because it's the truth. Outside of a few exhibitions as a freshman, he has not shown a consistent ability to shoot.

Salecich is shooting 20% from three if you take out his first four games (in his career). That means when he shoots a 3, there is an 80% chance he misses it. That is absolutely awful. Its not like he has great form either. He pushes the ball, and he has a terrible base.

He is an above-average defender. But he's getting passed up on the depth chart before our eyes and I bet he stays there.

Moy, his shot looks okay, but something is missing that I can't figure out. He was recruited as a shooter and we were all told what a great shooter he was prior to college. In fact, we were told and read that he had tremendous range. We saw KC struggle with his shot for an unbelievably long time. We all liked his stroke, but his shots weren't falling. KC managed to get that together over time. I am hoping something similar will happen with CS.

Moy, his shot looks okay, but something is missing that I can't figure out. He was recruited as a shooter and we were all told what a great shooter he was prior to college. In fact, we were told and read that he had tremendous range. We saw KC struggle with his shot for an unbelievably long time. We all liked his stroke, but his shots weren't falling. KC managed to get that together over time. I am hoping something similar will happen with CS.

Very fair points. I can't disagree with them.

Kyle shot 23% from 3 as a freshman and 33% as a sophomore. Much like KC's freshman year, CS hit 25% as a freshman. Although it's unfair at this point with only 12 shots taken, but CS is shooting 8% from 3 point range this year. I guess we should have a pretty good gauge by season's end of where he is heading.

I hope the best for CS, but unlike KC, I don't think he has as good an all-around game which would make up for his shooting deficiency. Let's hope his shooting gets a lot better...and quick.