SLU v. Duke GDT

SluSignGuy

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCall and Jett show some game. Take off the reigns and let them play. This half court slow down stuff doesn't work against a taller, far more talented team. If you're going to get blown out, at least score some points.

37-16.

I think you're absolutely right. There is no way we win this game. Go out the

second half and RUN. Score some points and don't worry about Duke's score.

And I think the players would enjoy it too.

It would have been great is Jett and McCall could have done something there.

Start them both (McCall and Jett), take off the reigns, and let them play ball. They have some game and could be a good guard combo.

The rest of the players are thinking too much, too afraid to make a mistake, which leads to mistakes and TO's. It's like the famous Yogi Berra line, "You can't hit and think at the same time."

Mental overload.

Absent getting both missing players back for the conference season, this season is basically lost anyway. Is the A-10 Tournament format the same, meaning the bottom two don't make the A-10 Tournament? If so, you know what I'm thinking there.

Hey, the much maligned Fordham is 4-4 and just beat Manhattan. Right now SLU will have its hands full with Fordham on Jan. 19 at the Izod Center. Chris Gaston is better than anyone on SLU's current roster.

40-16 at half.

I think you're absolutely right. There is no way we win this game. Go out the

second half and RUN. Score some points and don't worry about Duke's score.

And I think the players would enjoy it too.

RM's trying to teach and grow this team. Not have a fun time.

RM's trying to teach and grow this team. Not have a fun time.

I support Majerus, but what exactly is he teaching?

The game at the higher levels is played at a faster pace. Most of SLU's players seem to be thinking too much, mental overload.

The ones that can play ball are McCall and Jett. Make them the focus of this team.

Start them both (McCall and Jett), take off the reigns, and let them play ball. They have some game and could be a good guard combo.

The rest of the players are thinking too much, too afraid to make a mistake, which leads to mistakes and TO's. It's like the famous Yogi Berra line, "You can't hit and think at the same time."

Mental overload.

Absent getting both missing players back for the conference season, this season is basically lost anyway. Is the A-10 Tournament format the same, meaning the bottom two don't make the A-10 Tournament? If so, you know what I'm thinking there.

Hey, the much maligned Fordham is 4-4 and just beat Manhattan. Right now SLU will have its hands full with Fordham on Jan. 19 at the Izod Center. Chris Gaston is better than anyone on SLU's current roster.

40-16 at half.

There are still other bad teams in the A-10. St. Joe's is mess and Charlotte is imploding already.

That Lorenzo Romar is pretty good. He is doing well at UW SLU made a good hire on that one. Now only if we could've followed it up with another good hire.

One thing is, I don't know how much of a difference Mitchell and Reed would have made a difference in that half.

MItchell would of been able to slow down Nolan Smith a bit. He's 7-9 for 14 points I would think our star Jr. guard would of challenged him a little bit more.

Reed would of gotten a few boards that turned into Duke offensive rebounds and points.

They still would be getting blow out but those to factors right there would add at least 5-10 points.

I support Majerus, but what exactly is he teaching?

The game at the higher levels is played at a faster pace. Most of SLU's players seem to be thinking too much, mental overload.

The ones that can play ball are McCall and Jett. Make them the focus of this team.

Those are mostly freshman and under-talented sophomores out there, what do you honestly expect? Turning this into a fast paced no defense game will accomplish nothing. We'll just lose 110-55 instead of 82-40. If you want to watch a game like that be a NBA fan.

I really love McCall. One of the few bright spots this afternoon.

If KM returns, I say let him play next semester. Maybe we salvage some of the season and by the time McCall a jr I want him at full time pg.

Even against Duke it seems he may be the quickest guy on the court.

Once he has some more experince he is going to be a force.