Josh harrelson

Kanter was declared permanently ineligible. If he's successful with an appeal he still may not play this year. And this is harrelsons last year. So I doubt kanter will keep him on the pine. Harrelson will end up getting big minutes on what my be a final 4 team. He's still an idiot though for choosing uk. Right?

Between him and ahern, sodie may have made the 2 biggest recruiting blunders in the history of this program. I can't think of 2 better players who wanted to come to slu but were not offered.

Kanter was declared permanently ineligible. If he's successful with an appeal he still may not play this year. And this is harrelsons last year. So I doubt kanter will keep him on the pine. Harrelson will end up getting big minutes on what my be a final 4 team. He's still an idiot though for choosing uk. Right?

Between him and ahern, sodie may have made the 2 biggest recruiting blunders in the history of this program. I can't think of 2 better players who wanted to come to slu but were not offered.

I have nothing against Harreelson, but the truth is the truth.

I guess you haven't heard...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/04/sports/ncaabasketball/04sportsbriefs-kanter.html

Thank's to our buddy Cam Newton, it looks like Kanter may get to play at some point.

Agreed. He's got 2 points today and is averaging 5 a game, not exactly stellar. He'd help us but he's not exactly a star.

Just came up with a big rebound and put back to put UK up 1, but then fouls Zellar on te other end to foul out and give UNC the lead. Finished with 4 points.

BTW, that article I provided isn't a very good one. I read a better one on ESPN the other day explaining everything, but I can't find it.

To sum it up: The NCAA and Kentucky released a joint statement saying they were going to re-evaluate the Kanter situation due to new information being involved. This is mainly because new information can't be provided in an appeal. The new information is the ruling on Cam Newton, and the question of whether or not Kanter new he was violating NCAA rules when he given money to play earlier in his life.

He does not look that good to me. He would have helped us but he is out of his league at Kentucky.

I often wonder which route I would prefer, being a role player on a final 4 team or being a star on a team that may not make the tourney.

There is no doubt he would be putting up much better numbers at a "mid major" school but I get the appeal of playing for a team like KY.

Now what I dont get is when a guy chooses a school like that and rides the pine for 4 years when he could of been playing a lot for a good smaller school.

I often wonder which route I would prefer, being a role player on a final 4 team or being a star on a team that may not make the tourney.

There is no doubt he would be putting up much better numbers at a "mid major" school but I get the appeal of playing for a team like KY.

Now what I dont get is when a guy chooses a school like that and rides the pine for 4 years when he could of been playing a lot for a good smaller school.

I understand his decision to go to Kentucky. However, if some of the players who left Kentucky after last season had stayed, Harrelson would still be a sub deep on the end of the bench,

I understand his decision to go to Kentucky. However, if some of the players who left Kentucky after last season had stayed, Harrelson would still be a sub deep on the end of the bench,

I see both sides of it.

But when it comes down to it sitting on the pine would drive me nuts.

If I had a choice to play a lot of minutes for a mid level team or sit on the bench at a KY, Duke, MSU Id go to the mid level team.

You can only play competitve sports for so long I wouldnt want to waste four years of it filling water cups.

But since he is getting a lot of PT at KY I guess he really shouldnt have any regretts.

Looks pretty good and is getting lots of pt. We'd b unreal with him and Willie together.

We may have watched a different game. Harrelson fouled out and was totally dominated by Zeller, who had career highs in points and rebounds. He is the weak link on Kentucky. If Kanter were eligible, Josh wouldn't be seeing the floor much. He could have been useful for the Bills, but not the type of player I worry about too much. If all had gone according to plan and the Bills had Willie and Kowal, there wouldn't be much use for Josh either.

We may have watched a different game. Harrelson fouled out and was totally dominated by Zeller, who had career highs in points and rebounds. He is the weak link on Kentucky. If Kanter were eligible, Josh wouldn't be seeing the floor much. He could have been useful for the Bills, but not the type of player I worry about too much. If all had gone according to plan and the Bills had Willie and Kowal, there wouldn't be much use for Josh either.

Yeah, Harrellson is not a good player. Even Loe, one of the five worst players in the world (including) youth and women's, is better than him.

I think McG is talking about how much playing time JH is getting rather than points. He may have gotten dominated by my hometowner tonight but he would have made an impact here.

I think McG is talking about how much playing time JH is getting rather than points. He may have gotten dominated by my hometowner tonight but he would have made an impact here.

I spoke with a UK alum here. He says JH is playing because he's the tallest biggest big they have. His hands are too small. He drops too many passes. Loses too many boards. That said, he'd have still helped here. If Kanter were there, and according to this guy UK's appealed the ruling becasue most of the $$ he got was used for education (remember the guy's a UK fan), JH would be back riding the pine. Still, it must have been the right decision for JH. He could have easily opted out last year.

Still, it must have been the right decision for JH. He could have easily opted out last year.

I don't really want to continue this JH discussion, but I don't think its so easy to transfer after your Junior year. I mean the paperwork and whatnot is the same as any other transfer, but there are probably other factors that would make someone not want to transfer after Junior year. After having played for 2 schools already would he really wanted to have sat out another year and learned a new system just to play for one year? Also I think many Universities require that the last 60 credit hours or certain upper level classes be taken at that institution, so graduating from the new place would be pretty difficult. In my experience almost all transfers occur after freshman or sophomore year. I can't recall any Junior year transfers.

I don't really want to continue this JH discussion, but I don't think its so easy to transfer after your Junior year. I mean the paperwork and whatnot is the same as any other transfer, but there are probably other factors that would make someone not want to transfer after Junior year. After having played for 2 schools already would he really wanted to have sat out another year and learned a new system just to play for one year? Also I think many Universities require that the last 60 credit hours or certain upper level classes be taken at that institution, so graduating from the new place would be pretty difficult. In my experience almost all transfers occur after freshman or sophomore year. I can't recall any Junior year transfers.

You are right with Luke Recker being the exception. B)

Looks pretty good and is getting lots of pt. We'd b unreal with him and Willie together.

There are plenty of guys on other teams who might make us better, but I'm not sure Harrelson is one of them. While I'm still holding out for a strong finish from this bunch, it looks like we're seeing a lot of player development for next year and beyond. IMO, Harrelson is at best marginally better than anyone we have on the floor now and would have probably been our 7th or 8th man at best if WR and KM were playing.

He's not talented enough to be worth the hand wringing, IMO.

There are plenty of guys on other teams who might make us better, but I'm not sure Harrelson is one of them. While I'm still holding out for a strong finish from this bunch, it looks like we're seeing a lot of player development for next year and beyond. IMO, Harrelson is at best marginally better than anyone we have on the floor now and would have probably been our 7th or 8th man at best if WR and KM were playing.

He's not talented enough to be worth the hand wringing, IMO.

+1

Guys like Scott Suggs, Tyler Griffey, even Leon Powell would be a lot more helpful to our team.