335th in the nation in rebounds per game

SLUDrew

I saw that on the ESPN score site for SLU. The other numbers didn't look to cool either. Most in the 300's. Hey, we're young!

That my friend is always the problem, year after year after year. We are always young. We were young in 1973 too. Same old crap.

That my friend is always the problem, year after year after year. We are always young. We were young in 1973 too. Same old crap.

My biggest fear is that Rick decides to punt "due to health reasons" when he sees that the program he is building is already reloading with youngsters with no post-season on the horizon or till next year or when the heck ever.....

My biggest fear is that Rick decides to punt "due to health reasons" when he sees that the program he is building is already reloading with youngsters with no post-season on the horizon or till next year or when the heck ever.....

He wants to get to 500 wins, after that I can see him hanging it up. Hope im wrong.

Actually we have been shooting at a pretty high percentage which I thought would have been our downfall. Instead, we are killing ourselves by allowing too many offensive rebounds and giving ourselves zero second chance points because we can't board on the offensive end.

WILLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things aren't all doom and gloom. This is a lost year, but if KM comes back as expected, we will be pretty well-positioned for next year. It is frustrating because this was supposed to be a breakthrough year, but the whole he said/she said fiasco may only push us back one year. I really like the potential of McCall and Jett and if you throw KM in there, we suddenly have a very dynamic backcourt next year. I also like the potential of Evans and we'll have the addition of Barnett who will give us another scorer. We should be strong at the 3. The obvious hole to fill is to get a big.

Yes, the potential is there to have an extremely strong back court next year, but unless Willie comes back or we are able to pull a juco big out of a hat, we are again going to get crushed on the front line next year

Surely something will go wrong, it always does. I would not count on next year either. I have too much experience with this Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde program

Yes, the potential is there to have an extremely strong back court next year, but unless Willie comes back or we are able to pull a juco big out of a hat, we are again going to get crushed on the front line next year

There were rumblings that Willie was going to try to turn pro after this season anyway. If KM comes back, we will be right back were we likely would have been even if the he said/she said thing never happened. Don't underestimate how much not having KM has hurt too. If he was here, even without Willie, we definitely beat Peay and Georgia. Inexperienced guard play killed us down the stretch in those two winnable games. Great guard play can cover up a weakness on the frontline. Look at the Spoon teams with Waldman and Claggett.

I am not denying that great guard play is a constant amongst teams that make runs in the tournament. However, as it stands we have NOTHING up front. I like Cory a lot but he is a smallish 4 trying to play a 5. Conklin plays hard but beyond that really brings nothing to the table. My three-year old could block out Loe.

Point being that yes guard play is crucial but to be an upper echelon team in the A-10 we need some semblance of a front court

I am not denying that great guard play is a constant amongst teams that make runs in the tournament. However, as it stands we have NOTHING up front. I like Cory a lot but he is a smallish 4 trying to play a 5. Conklin plays hard but beyond that really brings nothing to the table. My three-year old could block out Loe.

Point being that yes guard play is crucial but to be an upper echelon team in the A-10 we need some semblance of a front court

How long do you think that's going to take? Forget about WR, that's not going to happen IMO. RM comes in and tries to get the recruiting on track and we have nothing to show for it. When have we ever had a semblance of a front court?

Things aren't all doom and gloom. This is a lost year, but if KM comes back as expected, we will be pretty well-positioned for next year. It is frustrating because this was supposed to be a breakthrough year, but the whole he said/she said fiasco may only push us back one year. I really like the potential of McCall and Jett and if you throw KM in there, we suddenly have a very dynamic backcourt next year. I also like the potential of Evans and we'll have the addition of Barnett who will give us another scorer. We should be strong at the 3. The obvious hole to fill is to get a big.

I agree that's it's not all gloom and doom, but this may be more than a 1-year blip IMO. We still have talent, but there are a lot of question marks going into next year. I think RM will be really earning his money over the next 18 months.

IMO, this year would have been a strong chance to get in and next year would have been a sure thing. I would now say that next year is a good chance and who knows beyond that?

I agree that's it's not all gloom and doom, but this may be more than a 1-year blip IMO. We still have talent, but there are a lot of question marks going into next year. I think RM will be really earning his money over the next 18 months.

IMO, this year would have been a strong chance to get in and next year would have been a sure thing. I would now say that next year is a good chance and who knows beyond that?

If next year there is "a good chance," then all is not doom and gloom... and that was my point.

We're still going to need to add another big man besides Manning next year that can actually play inside on both offense and defense. Otherwise its going to be the old spoonball days.

The staff is going to bring in another big for next year, most likely a juco.

We're still going to need to add another big man besides Manning next year that can actually play inside on both offense and defense. Otherwise its going to be the old spoonball days.

If we are counting on a freshman (and a raw freshman) to be our only inside presence, the team will not be as good as we all hoped. But I'm sure both CR and RL will continue to make strides and if WR gets cleared we should be good.