Thoughts and Prayers

SluSignGuy

Another poster has informed me that a SLU alum who posts on the board as Alonzo P Hawk has unfortunately entered a medically induced coma and is very serious condition.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

Note: I edited my original post replacing Alonzo's real name with his username, and edited subsequent posts...

Another poster has informed me that a SLU alum who posts on the board as Alonzo P Hawk has unfortunately entered a medically induced coma and is very serious condition.

Ditto Steve, Alonzo P Hawk is a great friend (Notre Dame Dorm 2003) and a great fan.

Prayers going out from Florida.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

Note: I edited my original post replacing Alonzo's real name with his username, and edited subsequent posts...

Sorry to hear that. Thoughtful poster.

This is very sad to hear. He will be in my prayers. Funny how we form relationships even though most of us have never met. I guess the Internet is good after all.

Prayers to Alonzo and his family. Billikens.com is like a little community or the neighborhood bar and always sad when something like this hit us. Get well, Hawk.

Guess I should pass this on. Patrick (Alonzo P Hawk) passed away yesterday morning. From all I've heard he was fighting hard against lung cancer when he relapsed in the past couple weeks and he eventually succumbed. Great guy and a big Bills fan. We went to neighboring high schools (which is saying a lot when you grew up in the sticks like we did) and of course went to SLU together. Outlandish support for his family on his FB page and I'm sure elsewhere both during his fight and after. Touched a lot of lives. He was only 25. Rest in peace, Patrick.

Remember that even a long life is short and try to adjust your priorities accordingly.

Guess I should pass this on. Patrick (Alonzo P Hawk) passed away yesterday morning. From all I've heard he was fighting hard against lung cancer when he relapsed in the past couple weeks and he eventually succumbed. Great guy and a big Bills fan. We went to neighboring high schools (which is saying a lot when you grew up in the sticks like we did) and of course went to SLU together. Outlandish support for his family on his FB page and I'm sure elsewhere both during his fight and after. Touched a lot of lives. He was only 25. Rest in peace, Patrick.

Remember that even a long life is short and try to adjust your priorities accordingly.

He was a great kid, knew him and his brothers pretty well. I believe the Cancer started as testicular and spread through out his body. Very sad, my thoughts and prayers are with him and the family.

Sad when anyone passes, but at 25 extremely sad. Being a parent I can only imagine his folks are feeling. Should take up a donation Steve for a Billikens.com farewell to a missed poster by those who knew him personally and those who knew him via the community. Tragic and makes the stuff we've been discussing here for the last 3 weeks seem small indeed.

For those who don't remember, this was his doing:

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18462&st=0&p=221449entry221449

He was always full of creativity - actor, author, artist, huge proponent of preserving St. Louis' historical buildings, etc.

Just read this - very sad! Thoughts and prayers to his family, friends, and all who knew him. RIP, Patrick.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for Patty. He was a wonderfully-unique individual with a thirst for life and a passion for Billikens' basketball. An optimist to the end, he was still calling for an NCAA tourney season.

For those of you that knew Patrick, there is a Memorial Mass Friday, November 5th at 10:30 am at College Church. We'll be celebrating the life of an authentic spirit, as original as they come.

Mike Wessel

Just terrible. Hate to see someone pass this young. I met him through Jimbo last year and nothing but a nice guy. Sad to hear about this. God bless him and his family.

It is a great tribute. Sadly, the UNEWS even managed to get the date of Patrick's memorial service wrong, setting it on a fictional date (Tomorrow/Today Friday, October 30).

A facebook group has been created for Patrick, the URL is: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_113339258731004