Wed 3/2 at Dayton

Sat 3/5 Xavier - CBS College Sports

http://www.atlantic10.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/090710aaa.html

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to have the conference dates released. I still expect 2 more non-conference games that we do not know about yet.

Thurs 1/6 Dayton - CBS College Sports

Sun 1/9 - at Temple

Wed 1/12 at Duquesne

Sat 1/15 St Joes

Wed 1/19 at Fordham - Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ

Wed 1/26 Rhode Island

Sat 1/29 at GW - CBS College Sports Regional

Wed 2/2 UMass - CBS College Sports Regional

Sat 2/5 at Xavier - ESPNU

Wed 2/9 La Salle - CBS College Sports Regional

Sat 2/12 at Richmond - ESPN/ESPN2

Wed 2/16 at St. Bonaventure

Sat 2/19 Charlotte

Sat 2/26 Duquesne

Wed 3/2 at Dayton

We have Dayton at home during Christmas Break. AWESOME. NOT.

Thurs 1/6 Dayton - CBS College Sports

Sun 1/9 - at Temple

Wed 1/12 at Duquesne

Sat 1/15 St Joes

Wed 1/19 at Fordham - Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ

Wed 1/26 Rhode Island

Sat 1/29 at GW - CBS College Sports Regional

Wed 2/2 UMass - CBS College Sports Regional

Sat 2/5 at Xavier - ESPNU

Wed 2/9 La Salle - CBS College Sports Regional

Sat 2/12 at Richmond - ESPN/ESPN2

Wed 2/16 at St. Bonaventure

Sat 2/19 Charlotte

Sat 2/26 Duquesne

Wed 3/2 at Dayton

Thoughts:

-Love the season-closing game at home vs. Xavier on an unusually late Mardi Gras weekend. Both X games on a Saturday makes me happier than ever. I'll be at the Cintas Center, section 216, row B on 2/5/11- I'd love to see a big SLU crowd for that one.

-Disappointing that both Dayton games are weeknights, though.

-Brutal 10-day stretch to start the conference season: 1/6 vs. Dayton, 1/9 at Temple, 1/12 at Duquesne, 1/15 vs. St. Joe's.

-Thrilled to see the game at Richmond will be on ESPN or ESPN2; that's an expensive airport to fly to. Hopefully we don't lay another egg there with a national audience watching this one. Last year was that blizzard game there and we got beaten like rented mules.

-Nice week-long break between Charlotte at Duquesne, both at home. Good rest before the final three games.

-What local providers get CBS College Sports and CBSCS-Regional?

There has to be at least one game between the 11/30 game at Portland and the 12/11 game at Duke.

Depending on when finals are, etc. I don't see why. They are going to be going from St. Louis to Oregon, back to St. Louis, and then to the other side of the country in North Carolina. If they have exams that's a hell of a week. Even if they don't, Big Rick probably wants to take a pit stop for a few days in St. Louis, hold some double practices, etc.

Edit: I just saw the Chicago St and Rockhurst games--awful, but I guess you take what you can get. I would almost rather not play games that don't count and in no way help your program if you win as they aren't counted on Selection Sunday nor RPI. The only thing that can happen is you get someone injured or you lose the game. Regardless add these two game to the "buy" games below.

That is 28 games so far. 2 more decent ooc games that are winnable would be nice. Hopefully we can still get a couple of decent mid-majors that were in the upper half of their conferences last year with RPI around 100 to 150 would be nice. As it stands now 20 wins with that schedule would be real nice. Adding 2 more W's to that put us at 22 victories going into the conference tourney. I can see that even with 2 more "buy" games it still may be tough to get to 20 wins.

Georgia is going to be a monster very early in the season--that will be a real, real good W to have on hand come tourney selection time. It may also be an early taste of defeat. The thing we have going for us, is it is at our house. Hopefully there is some buzz and we can fill the place early in the season.

Of course the defending champs in their house.

Missouri state at their place is a game we need to win, but not an easy one. BTW there needs to be a bus or two or three organized to road trip down to that game to have a rowdy bunch of blue in the crowd.

I am just assuming we win the Cancun Tourney--I kind of wish we could have stayed in the Chicago tourney.

Then conference starts: X twice, UD twice, @ Temple, @ Richmond, @ Charlotte and RI at home. (Why is Charlotte away and RI home again this year like last?)

That is 11 very tough games. Assuming no slip ups along the way and a split with X and UD and we could still only win 19 games (before adding the 2 additional games.) Throw in one Bowling Green type game from last year and that puts us at 18--add the two "buy" games and we struggle to reach 20.

Conversely, and hopefully, we have the potential to win every game. On paper we should be in every game this season with the possible exception of the our trip to Cameron. Obviously 29-1 is a bit much to ask or hope for, but 25-5 is a realistic, yet high achieving goal. My prediction: 22-8.

I can't wait. Go Bills.

That is 28 games so far. 2 more decent ooc games that are winnable would be nice. Hopefully we can still get a couple of decent mid-majors that were in the upper half of their conferences last year with RPI around 100 to 150 would be nice.

This is the complete 30 game schedule.