Villanova

Rumor has it (@billsinsider latest series of tweets), that the Bills will be beginning a home and home against the Wildcats of Villanova. Is Majerus finally getting more of the high-profile Catholic school match ups that he has been craving or is this an over active "insiders" wild ride? Lemme know if anyone has heard anything.

Lets Go Bills! Either way, I am excited for this season. I'll be in Vegas soon and I'm betting on the Bills being at least a seven seed in the big dance.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor has it (@billsinsider latest series of tweets), that the Bills will be beginning a home and home against the Wildcats of Villanova. Is Majerus finally getting more of the high-profile Catholic school match ups that he has been craving or is this an over active "insiders" wild ride? Lemme know if anyone has heard anything.

Lets Go Bills! Either way, I am excited for this season. I'll be in Vegas soon and I'm betting on the Bills being at least a seven seed in the big dance.

The alleged leak comes from a player on the Nova team that saw the schedule.

Well, who is BillsInsider? I'm not on Twitter, so that would probably help answer the question. There was serious talk about doing that last year, but it fell through. I'm doubting it happens this year so late in the game, but that would be AWESOME.

Well, who is BillsInsider? I'm not on Twitter, so that would probably help answer the question. There was serious talk about doing that last year, but it fell through. I'm doubting it happens this year so late in the game, but that would be AWESOME.

Yeah they were suppose to have a home and home last year but Villanova backed out at the last minute. I hope this is true but I wouldnt get my hopes up. Pdiddy, do you have any info?

I do not know who BillsInsider is but he was been pretty on top of stuff so far. He reported when Kowal was released from NIU before I heard it from anyone else. Don't know if he is lurking on Billikens.com somewhere. I think he is somehow connected to scouts.com because they have a "Billikens Insider" section but that's about all I can gather.

Last season Majerus talked about scheduling Villanova but they didn't pull it off. Maybe they revisited it and the Wildcats were more willing after our results last season.

Update. A college buddy who works in the Athletic department who has asked me not to reveal his name said that two schools are very close to coming to some sort of agreement over a three year deal. A home-and-home and then a third neutral site game (Chi town? Indy? Cincy? Pitt?), which would probably be good because both schools recruit the middle of the US.

He said "NOTHING" is official (he really capped it all over text) but apparently they are talking more tomorrow with some sort of an announcement to follow.

Update. A college buddy who works in the Athletic department who has asked me not to reveal his name said that two schools are very close to coming to some sort of agreement over a three year deal. A home-and-home and then a third neutral site game (Chi town? Indy? Cincy? Pitt?), which would probably be good because both schools recruit the middle of the US.

He said "NOTHING" is official (he really capped it all over text) but apparently they are talking more tomorrow with some sort of an announcement to follow.

Fingers crossed hoping it is true although I have my doubts. I'll never quite understand why people always talk about SLU playing in neutral court games outside of STL. We don't travel well and aren't a big national draw. Hopefully the "neutral" court game your buddy is talking about isn't a game at the Wachovia Center in Philly.

I understand what your saying kshoe but to be honest I can't imagine Villanova fans travelling very well either. It will be intertesting where the 3rd game is going to be. I hope its in Chicago

Which is why I think the idea of a neutral court game between two teams that don't travel very well seems far-fetched to me

I do not know who BillsInsider is but he was been pretty on top of stuff so far. He reported when Kowal was released from NIU before I heard it from anyone else. Don't know if he is lurking on Billikens.com somewhere. I think he is somehow connected to scouts.com because they have a "Billikens Insider" section but that's about all I can gather.

I personally do not know what the schedule is but I know who @BillsInsider and he has only reported 100% true info so far. I guess only time will tell.

Jesuits > Augustinians

You know Majerus is just trying to schedule this series so he can go on a cheesesteak tour.

I would have figured he got his "fix" last season while the team was stuck in Philly for 8 days. I mean, how much cheese whiz can someone eat?

The alleged leak comes from a player on the Nova team that saw the schedule.

This is funny. Last month someone posted on a UK site(then reported here) that a player saw a schedule and saw a neutral site game with St. Louis. This all fell to the side when the Duke game was announced. Wildcat rumors.

Which is why I think the idea of a neutral court game between two teams that don't travel very well seems far-fetched to me

Why could not the neutral court game be tied to another neutral court game between two other teams - what about in Memphis and Memphis plays Tenn or some other big fish? That would make sense - something like that I mean.

Why could not the neutral court game be tied to another neutral court game between two other teams - what about in Memphis and Memphis plays Tenn or some other big fish? That would make sense - something like that I mean.

It could. Anything is possible. But why make something a 3 game series with one neutral court game where neither team is well represented in the stands? Put another way, why would Villanova want to be an "undercard" game in Indy, Chicago, Memphis or wherever, when they could have just scheduled a game at their place or in Philly and taken in all the profits.

Why would Tenn/Memphis feel the need to even have an undercard game when they will sell out no matter what? Would they enjoy sharing the profits with SLU/Villanova?

It seems like whenever we talk about playing big name opponents the idea of playing on a neutral court always comes up. Unless the other team travels really well, I just don't see what that adds given that SLU travels so poorly.

I'd love to see a series with Villanova, but the credibility of the report took a hit in my mind when the neutral court concept was added.

The info he reported before was widely available at the time he reported it.

Where else did you hear about Cody Ellis' injury? I haven't seen it reported anywhere else..

It could. Anything is possible. But why make something a 3 game series with one neutral court game where neither team is well represented in the stands? Put another way, why would Villanova want to be an "undercard" game in Indy, Chicago, Memphis or wherever, when they could have just scheduled a game at their place or in Philly and taken in all the profits.

Why would Tenn/Memphis feel the need to even have an undercard game when they will sell out no matter what? Would they enjoy sharing the profits with SLU/Villanova?

It seems like whenever we talk about playing big name opponents the idea of playing on a neutral court always comes up. Unless the other team travels really well, I just don't see what that adds given that SLU travels so poorly.

I'd love to see a series with Villanova, but the credibility of the report took a hit in my mind when the neutral court concept was added.

I have no inside info, but perhaps the "neutral" site game could be in Philly, just not on Villanova's home floor. Maybe an A-10/Big East doubleheader for ESPN. Something like SLU v. Villanova and Temple v. Syracuse

I guess we will find out soon enough. Last year, the nonconference schedule was released on August 27.

I have no inside info, but perhaps the "neutral" site game could be in Philly, just not on Villanova's home floor. Maybe an A-10/Big East doubleheader for ESPN. Something like SLU v. Villanova and Temple v. Syracuse

I guess we will find out soon enough. Last year, the nonconference schedule was released on August 27.

That was my initial thought/concern. Not exactly neutral but beggars can't be choosers. If that were the case we should be honest and call it a 2 for 1.

That one I hadn't heard before. I hope the guy is right about Villanova.

I was looking at Jordair Jetts facebook and he mentioned that they play duke and villanova this year so take it for what its worth. He will wear number 5...