OT: What is wrong with Pujols?

A friend of mine involved in baseball has knowledge of this situation. I am serious, Pujols is 33+. I think Cardinals know this, too.

Regarding your effiminate rant, I wanted Holliday, though we paid more than market, because I forsee us losing Pujols.

Lame-poster-Skip inserted some Duke nonsense into the discussion, typical of him.

So, Eckelkamp, when the Pujols story breaks, remember, you aligned yourself with slufanloserskip, you are wrong, skip is wrong as usual and I am right as usual.

Are you saying the Cards paid over market value for Holliday because you forsaw them losing Pujols?

Let me rephrase that as I shouldn't ask if that's what you said because it is. What I meant to ask is do you really have enough clout to influence the Cardinals decisions?

Are there any more National stories of interest that you have "inside" information on besides the Duke scandals and Pujols' age? If so can you let us in on any of them? Perhaps your friend can tell us where Oswalt is going, or possibly if the Cardinal will aquire a starting pitcher at all. Does he know if working with Mark McGwire affected Brendan Ryan's hitting this year? Did you have any influence on Mo being patient and waiting until the price came down to sign Felipe. Why didn't you warn David Freese to be careful when lifting weights?

You're neat guy

much fun to talk to

know lots stuff and good person to share with board

We're lucky: reading posts

Are you saying the Cards paid over market value for Holliday because you forsaw them losing Pujols?

Let me rephrase that as I shouldn't ask if that's what you said because it is. What I meant to ask is do you really have enough clout to influence the Cardinals decisions?

Are there any more National stories of interest that you have "inside" information on besides the Duke scandals and Pujols' age? If so can you let us in on any of them? Perhaps your friend can tell us where Oswalt is going, or possibly if the Cardinal will aquire a starting pitcher at all. Does he know if working with Mark McGwire affected Brendan Ryan's hitting this year? Did you have any influence on Mo being patient and waiting until the price came down to sign Felipe. Why didn't you warn David Freese to be careful when lifting weights?

You're neat guy

much fun to talk to

You do not quit, do you; volume, not quality, 8,000+ posts.

Yes, I say the Cards overpaid for Holliday to hedge the Pujols situation.

The rest of your wussy rant is just your trademark nonsense.

Gotta go.

You do not quit, do you. Volume over quality, thats your approach.

The rest of your wussy rant is just your trademark nonsense, answer "no" to all...

Gotta go.

Off to Cowboys' training camp with your friend to give J. Jones some advice?

You're neat guy

much fun to talk to

post.of.the.day

Gotta go.

Beware I have wussy rants trademark.

Don't infrige:I sue if you do

This board fun, offseason, not so much for post

8.470+, posts, quality, all the way: quantity too

A friend of mine involved in baseball has knowledge of this situation. I am serious, Pujols is 33+. I think Cardinals know this, too.

Regarding your effiminate rant, I wanted Holliday, though we paid more than market, because I forsee us losing Pujols.

Lame-poster-Skip inserted some Duke nonsense into the discussion, typical of him.

So, Eckelkamp, when the Pujols story breaks, remember, you aligned yourself with slufanloserskip, you are wrong, skip is wrong as usual and I am right as usual.

How is his post effiminate (sic)?

Probably explains why I never understood that John Lennon song.

re: Pujols he has been everything Tony thought he could never be.

However, in spite of fielding his position fairly well he does not possess balance or skill taking the throw; he runs bases boldly and blindly; but he is second on the team after Yadier Molina for sloest move towards first when a hit could be legged out; next year or year after he has to be platooned with one of the stud rookies we have that can play outfield and first base. It is really stupid that he plays without rest.

I hope he comes back but I think we have seen his career years with true MVP credentials-it happens to all ball players-the legs are the first to go.

This thread should be proof to everyone just how good Albert really is. He slips under .300, while still batting in a bunch of runs and hitting a good amount of homers and people start saying the Cardinals won't resign him, or that he's over the hill. Hahahahaha. Give it a break. MB, get off the crack, bro. If YOU know that Pujols is actually older than what he is said to be, don't you think ESPN or some other news source would know as well? I mean come on. There's no doubt AP is struggling, but he will break out of it. He'll end the season with around a .310 average, close to 35 HR's, and over 100 RBI's, while being in the top 3 of MVP voting. Dude is fine.

BTW- He will play his entire career with the Cardinals.

I find it unlikely that Pujols is older than he states he is. For Pujols to be 33-34, that means that he finished high school when he was 21-22 and then wnet on to play a season of ball at community college. It seems like a huge conspiracy theory to suggest that Pujols came to America to play high school baseball for two years while in his twenties and then still go play another year of college ball in the hopes of being drafted by a major league team, all the while hiding his real age. While not an impossibility, it still seems highly implausible. The fact is, Pujols will get a 7+ year, big money deal offered to him. Hopefully, it is from the Cards, and I do not think they are worried about his age.

As for what is wrong with Pujols, probably the thing that is wrong wioth lots of hitters this season. Pitching is as dominating as it has been in quite a long time. Even with Pujols slump, he is still in the top 15 in batting average, top 5 in home runs and slugging, and 2nd in RBI, OBP and OPS. With injuries to key players and the non-production of others in the lineup, I agree with LaRussa that Pujols is pressing a bit more and expanding his zone in an attempt to make something happen. Eventually, it will click with him. It always does.

Gotta go.

Posty?

Every time everyone thinks Albert is done he proves all the haters wrong. I don't care how old he is, or whether he lied about his birthday to play high school ball in the U.S. We should all just appreciate the fact that we have been privy to one of the top ten best careers of all time. And that's if he retired today. If he leaves town and plays somewhere else it will be a crime.

Good game tonight by Pujols can't hide the fact that he's hitting a shade over .250 the last 30 days. Bernie had a good column today about Pujols' poor hitting on the road this year. Pujols is a career .333 road hitter, this year just .265. When he does get on base he hurts the team with his awful baserunning.

Good game tonight by Pujols can't hide the fact that he's hitting a shade over .250 the last 30 days. Bernie had a good column today about Pujols' poor hitting on the road this year. Pujols is a career .333 road hitter, this year just .265. When he does get on base he hurts the team with his awful baserunning.

i was being tongue in cheek...........FSM "player of the game".

I find it unlikely that Pujols is older than he states he is. For Pujols to be 33-34, that means that he finished high school when he was 21-22 and then wnet on to play a season of ball at community college. It seems like a huge conspiracy theory to suggest that Pujols came to America to play high school baseball for two years while in his twenties and then still go play another year of college ball in the hopes of being drafted by a major league team, all the while hiding his real age. While not an impossibility, it still seems highly implausible. The fact is, Pujols will get a 7+ year, big money deal offered to him. Hopefully, it is from the Cards, and I do not think they are worried about his age.

As for what is wrong with Pujols, probably the thing that is wrong wioth lots of hitters this season. Pitching is as dominating as it has been in quite a long time. Even with Pujols slump, he is still in the top 15 in batting average, top 5 in home runs and slugging, and 2nd in RBI, OBP and OPS. With injuries to key players and the non-production of others in the lineup, I agree with LaRussa that Pujols is pressing a bit more and expanding his zone in an attempt to make something happen. Eventually, it will click with him. It always does.

I don't have any idea if Pujols is older than he claims, but there have been many players who have done that. David Green comes to mind right away.