NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY AT THE FETZ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Backhand isnt sure where he is going with this...but he is fired up for the season.

Me too. And I finally get to use my season tickets for a whole season. I'm proud of our building that every program is afraid to visit.

This is the worst part of the year for basketball fans. Almost no news about recruiting or what our players are up to, schedule doesn't come out for over a month, and NBA free agency ugliness reminding us why college basketball is far superior.

Me too. And I finally get to use my season tickets for a whole season. I'm proud of our building that every program is afraid to visit.

This is the worst part of the year for basketball fans. Almost no news about recruiting or what our players are up to, schedule doesn't come out for over a month, and NBA free agency ugliness reminding us why college basketball is far superior.

Ironically, this should be a time when there is a lot of recruiting info. But under RM, there has been suprisingly little recruiting info coming out and it doesnt seem like this board takes too much interest in recruiting info.

from my own perspective, i really dont take much stock in the recruiting news of players we never see. now if locals are involved, that's different because i have likely seen them or someone that i have personal contact and confidence in has. but to listen to the recruiting "guru's" spout off doesnt interest me at all. let porter do his job. thus far he has proven to be very good at finding our roster.

from my own perspective, i really dont take much stock in the recruiting news of players we never see. now if locals are involved, that's different because i have likely seen them or someone that i have personal contact and confidence in has. but to listen to the recruiting "guru's" spout off doesnt interest me at all. let porter do his job. thus far he has proven to be very good at finding our roster.

I agree. But if you look at our recruiting targets, we are recruiting a several local players and have even offered some. But I bet most people on this board have no clue who those guys are since recruiting is rrely discussed on billikens.com.

Majerus seems to land his targets at a very high rate, which is good. Right now, we might have 5-7 offers for kids on the table. Whereas Xavier has 15+. But Majerus has proven he can identify talent and land that talent.

The point is, we are not privy to much recruiting info here when compared to other schools. Billikenreport.com is really the only outlet.

I agree. But if you look at our recruiting targets, we are recruiting a several local players and have even offered some. But I bet most people on this board have no clue who those guys are since recruiting is rrely discussed on billikens.com.

Majerus seems to land his targets at a very high rate, which is good. Right now, we might have 5-7 offers for kids on the table. Whereas Xavier has 15+. But Majerus has proven he can identify talent and land that talent.

The point is, we are not privy to much recruiting info here when compared to other schools. Billikenreport.com is really the only outlet.

since p diddy rarely posts anymore, that is correct. if you or any other poster knows information post it. or if you are already getting that information on billikenreport.com what's the problem? is it that you just want discussion about it? the folks here that arent members dont know what you know so how can they discuss? apparently most feel the same as me. recruiting discussion is somewhat worthless.

I thought someone reported from RM's radio appearances that RM said we have a long list of 10-15 prospects and a short list of 5 or so. I didn't reread the thread, so my numbers are probably off.

since p diddy rarely posts anymore, that is correct. if you or any other poster knows information post it. or if you are already getting that information on billikenreport.com what's the problem? is it that you just want discussion about it? the folks here that arent members dont know what you know so how can they discuss? apparently most feel the same as me. recruiting discussion is somewhat worthless.

If thats the case then so be it. Its frustrating how few basketball discussions actually happen on this board.

If thats the case then so be it. Its frustrating how few basketball discussions actually happen on this board.

NH.

I agree with Roy. If you have information about recruiting, then post it. Instead, believe some of our Board (b/c they subscribe to Billiken Report) are fearful about posting ANYTHING that Nate may have on there. I dont' get it. No one is suggesting that someone copy and paste Nate's premium content the same date/time he uploads it on his site. At the same time, believe many are so afraid that nothing from his site is printed here. Why is that?

Why not post that SLU may have offered local player XYZ. If Nate is the source, then what's the harm in posting that? Nate does more than list player's names. The real content is his in depth story and the initial scoup. I don't subscribe to Scout, Rivals and the other scouting info but no is afraid to mention player names who have interest in SLU. What am I missing?

Nate. What are your thoughts on this??

I don't have much of an ear to the streets, but I do know that Xavier is also taking a good look at Otto Porter. We haven't gone head-to-head on many (or any at all that I can remember) recruits with Xavier.

I don't have much of an ear to the streets, but I do know that Xavier is also taking a good look at Otto Porter. We haven't gone head-to-head on many (or any at all that I can remember) recruits with Xavier.

I think he is our #1 target.

NH.

I agree with Roy. If you have information about recruiting, then post it. Instead, believe some of our Board (b/c they subscribe to Billiken Report) are fearful about posting ANYTHING that Nate may have on there. I dont' get it. No one is suggesting that someone copy and paste Nate's premium content the same date/time he uploads it on his site. At the same time, believe many are so afraid that nothing from his site is printed here. Why is that?

Why not post that SLU may have offered local player XYZ. If Nate is the source, then what's the harm in posting that? Nate does more than list player's names. The real content is his in depth story and the initial scoup. I don't subscribe to Scout, Rivals and the other scouting info but no is afraid to mention player names who have interest in SLU. What am I missing?

Nate. What are your thoughts on this??

You really can't understand why someone wouldn't want to share info from Nate's site to here? I can't speak for the others, but I don't relay information for two primary reasons. 1.) Out of respect for Nate and the work he does to get the info that I value. We're getting a whole new stream of information because of him, but he shouldn't have to do it for free. If people want the info, they should help support the site. 2.) For selfish reasons. Why should I pay and help support the work he does while others on this board get the info for free? I also pay for services such as a cell phone, cable TV, and internet connection. Would you like to use those as well?

I've got one, no attenagate problems so far for me. You can borrow it any time you'd like, Moy.

Okay, I'll share information from Nate's board if someone lets me use their I-Phone on weekends and holidays. But there better be a SLU app.

You really can't understand why someone wouldn't want to share info from Nate's site to here? I can't speak for the others, but I don't relay information for two primary reasons. 1.) Out of respect for Nate and the work he does to get the info that I value. We're getting a whole new stream of information because of him, but he shouldn't have to do it for free. If people want the info, they should help support the site. 2.) For selfish reasons. Why should I pay and help support the work he does while others on this board get the info for free? I also pay for services such as a cell phone, cable TV, and internet connection. Would you like to use those as well?

only if you have a lot of movie channels. Maybe I could use the phone also, do you have plenty of minutes? Isn't that the way it works now? Don't you have to share your stuff with others?

SS.

So nothing from Nate's site can be discussed on this Board?? Not looking for anyone to copy/paste or summarize in detail the work Nate provides. I get that and agree with you.

Instead, I am suggesting that if Nate's board says SLU has offered player XYZ, then does that mean that this Board cannot discuss player XYZ?? Ever?? What if the same info is available elsewhere or is published elsewhere?? What if a reasonable period of time passes by??

Okay, I'll share information from Nate's board if someone lets me use their I-Phone on weekends and holidays. But there better be a SLU app.

SLU App is covered. Can we split Christmas Eve & Christmas?

SS.

So nothing from Nate's site can be discussed on this Board?? Not looking for anyone to copy/paste or summarize in detail the work Nate provides. I get that and agree with you.

Instead, I am suggesting that if Nate's board says SLU has offered player XYZ, then does that mean that this Board cannot discuss player XYZ?? Ever?? What if the same info is available elsewhere or is published elsewhere?? What if a reasonable period of time passes by??

Nate posts quite a bit of recruiting information here. If we have offers out, it is generally posted here within a week one way or another. Agree with Shoe...I'm not paying 9.95/month so that I can copy and paste info here for the cheapos.

SS.

If somebody brings up names like Ben McLemore or Otto Porter, I have no problem with talking about them. And if some info is available on ESPN's recruiting site, then I'll certainly chime in if I have an opinion. But I'm not going to relay Nate's info on who Majerus has offered or is pursuing the hardest or what Scout.com says are their strengths, weaknesses, etc. Times tricky, but when there is big recruiting news, it often makes it to the board fairly quickly.