B C or C E?

GOSLU68

BC no doubt did not have the Sophomore year we expected; kids with lower pain thresholds would have benched themselves.

CE didn't seem to have any gas left in his tank for the last six games or so he was doing his part just making the opponent guard

him. I hope conditiong can do it; I don't recall a case of sheer exhaustion like that in the last 25 years.

Does anyone know how these two and the other hurting players are recovering?

Any off season surgeries?

I sure hope our added depth pans out for a healthier team.

New recruits and return to top form by BC and CE could really

make us good.

Where will Conklin improve? If he gets bigger, he'll look like O'Rear at Northern Iowa --- who looked fat to me in the NCAAs. He isn't going to get much more in terms of a vertical. He's shown no ability to stick the jay from 10 - 15 feet. He adds toughness, sure, which mans five extra fouls to give on the front line but athletica,ly, I'd put him behind Reed, Smith and even Remuken --- kids he's competing for minutes against. Now throw in Evans. Love what a kid like Conklin adds to a team but he's a "garbage" kind of player --- kind of like Tom Henson, Marc Ivaroni, Kurt Rambis, Don Nelson and many others who have played such a role. That's fine when the four main cogs are reliable but we don't have that right now. I see Conk's minutes going down, situational at best.

Ellis is many of the things Conk is not ---- mobile, can shoot the jumper, pass, etc. Ellis got waxed a few times on the boards by bigger, more physically athletic forwards. He's too slow to cover a three and too small to dee up against bigger fours. Luckily, in the college game, those are far and few between. So Ellis needs to improve more to get better and has the better shot.

Conklin has peaked for all I can see.

Where will Conklin improve? If he gets bigger, he'll look like O'Rear at Northern Iowa --- who looked fat to me in the NCAAs. He isn't going to get much more in terms of a vertical. He's shown no ability to stick the jay from 10 - 15 feet. He adds toughness, sure, which mans five extra fouls to give on the front line but athletica,ly, I'd put him behind Reed, Smith and even Remuken --- kids he's competing for minutes against. Now throw in Evans. Love what a kid like Conklin adds to a team but he's a "garbage" kind of player --- kind of like Tom Henson, Marc Ivaroni, Kurt Rambis, Don Nelson and many others who have played such a role. That's fine when the four main cogs are reliable but we don't have that right now. I see Conk's minutes going down, situational at best.

Ellis is many of the things Conk is not ---- mobile, can shoot the jumper, pass, etc. Ellis got waxed a few times on the boards by bigger, more physically athletic forwards. He's too slow to cover a three and too small to dee up against bigger fours. Luckily, in the college game, those are far and few between. So Ellis needs to improve more to get better and has the better shot.

Conklin has peaked for all I can see.

You do know Conklin played almost the whole year on two bad ankles?

You do know Conklin played almost the whole year on two bad ankles?

Nate kept saying that-I was assuming he'd come back more like his freshman

year only stronger. Mostly, he set the most reliable picks but he had way too many

fouls called for bracing or whatever you want to call when being aggressive on the

pick; if he rebounds he plays in my book. I think he lost his shot this year. If he splits

minutes with others we gain an intimidator.

Um, according to you, there are plenty of areas where he could improve.

I believe he is saying Conklin has plenty of areas to improve, but the probability of that actually happening is low. Personally, I'm excited to see him at full health next year.

I believe he is saying Conklin has plenty of areas to improve, but the probability of that actually happening is low. Personally, I'm excited to see him at full health next year.

I think you're probably right on what Taj was saying. I also agree with you; i'm excited to see what Conk can do at full health.

With Conklin's skill set I don't think there is much he can improve on. If healthy he is an undersized banger, who's body isn't all that big maybe that is why he has injury problems. I thought he did well in his role last year, solid defense, rebounding, and off the ball play off the bench. He doesn't appear to have much a shooter's touch, inside or out. Maybe with health and some increased strength he can finish inside more consistently. That is all I see out of him with this roster. But what do you expect, he is the 4th guy on the depth chart at the 4/5?

If Conklin had played on some of earlier teams he would be an undersized Tom Frericks, a starter and one of the first options on offense. I like that a player with his skills is a now a role player for us.

Ellis can improve a ton. He'll be in better shape but I don't expect him to be a big time rebounder at any time. If he puts in the work to improve his handles he can be a dynamite big 3 or he can be a pick and pop 4 off the bench.

Even with two great ankles, where does Conk improve? And remember I love this kid's moxie and game --- but people peak and I say that even bionic ankles don't raise Brian much higher than he is now. He can't sky with the other bigs. He's not a post-up shooter despite playing a post-up position. He'll scrape and fight and give you his all, but it will be situational at best.

Ellis seems more a Morrison type ---- the kid that was at Gonzaga. Smart. Gets by on defense doing enough but not the yeoman-like work a Conk will give you. But athletic bigs will go over and around both. Neither could play Jason Love or Jameel McClain or Lavoy Allen. On the other end, Ellis is the better offensive threat so that's how you play it.

Brian started the season very well and then the injuries took their toll. He can still be a very valuable player. The biggest thing he needs to work on is a mid-range jumper. We won't really need him to score much. Just play tough and physical and get under the skin of opponents, which seemed to happen a lot last year. Cody has a lot more room for development. He will get in better shape and his shot will be more consistent. I would like to see him development some moves around the basket and improve his ability to score off the dribble.

Brian started the season very well and then the injuries took their toll. He can still be a very valuable player. The biggest thing he needs to work on is a mid-range jumper. We won't really need him to score much. Just play tough and physical and get under the skin of opponents, which seemed to happen a lot last year. Cody has a lot more room for development. He will get in better shape and his shot will be more consistent. I would like to see him development some moves around the basket and improve his ability to score off the dribble.

CE's got a big jump on Conk. He's a big kid with an outside shot and can do some damage on the inside. Recall one of those CBI games where he scored 14 pts by taking his game inside when his outside shot wasn't falling. BC's a thumper... sort of an enforcer and it pays to have one of those on board. Not saying he's a goon, but he gives us a solid physical presence inside. If BC works hard on hitting putbacks and making those bunnies in traffic he'll earn his time and in a few games be one of those kids who'll surprise by getting double digits points.

CE's got a big jump on Conk. He's a big kid with an outside shot and can do some damage on the inside. Recall one of those CBI games where he scored 14 pts by taking his game inside when his outside shot wasn't falling. BC's a thumper... sort of an enforcer and it pays to have one of those on board. Not saying he's a goon, but he gives us a solid physical presence inside. If BC works hard on hitting putbacks and making those bunnies in traffic he'll earn his time and in a few games be one of those kids who'll surprise by getting double digits points.

I am not sold on Ellis' inside game just yet. Sure he scored 14 points in a CBI game with more than half coming from inside the paint but this was just one game and he did so against a team that had two bigs in foul trouble and was undersized. Agree, we need a player like Conklin on the team for what he brings physically to the game, not to mention having Reed, Ellis, Remekun, Smith go up against his physical play in practice.

Your comments on BC are right on the mark, imo.

With Conklin's skill set I don't think there is much he can improve on. If healthy he is an undersized banger, who's body isn't all that big maybe that is why he has injury problems. I thought he did well in his role last year, solid defense, rebounding, and off the ball play off the bench. He doesn't appear to have much a shooter's touch, inside or out. Maybe with health and some increased strength he can finish inside more consistently. That is all I see out of him with this roster. But what do you expect, he is the 4th guy on the depth chart at the 4/5?

If Conklin had played on some of earlier teams he would be an undersized Tom Frericks, a starter and one of the first options on offense. I like that a player with his skills is a now a role player for us.

Ellis can improve a ton. He'll be in better shape but I don't expect him to be a big time rebounder at any time. If he puts in the work to improve his handles he can be a dynamite big 3 or he can be a pick and pop 4 off the bench.

Backhand sees one really big area that BC can improve upon....DONT SHOOT. BC shouldnt even glimpse at the rim. Just continue to rebound, set picks, and give high-fives.

Backhand sees one really big area that BC can improve upon....DONT SHOOT. BC shouldnt even glimpse at the rim. Just continue to rebound, set picks, and give high-fives.

yeh, we should leave the shooting to the Backrammer. How would you know, you never go to the games!! besides you are talking about KC remember?

yeh, we should leave the shooting to the Backrammer. How would you know, you never go to the games!! besides you are talking about KC remember?

Eastsidehoe...i mean Red Auerbach-

You must be watching the games from the 200s. Dont try to tell me that BC should look to be more active offensively...its pretty ugly. He has his role.

This isnt your CYO basketball team...next you are probably going to suggest that each player should get the same amount of minutes, one of your CYO league rules...joke. Stick to section 209 next year.

BTW Rich larusso called.

OWNED.

Eastsidehoe...i mean Red Auerbach-

You must be watching the games from the 200s. Dont try to tell me that BC should look to be more active offensively...its pretty ugly. He has his role.

This isnt your CYO basketball team...next you are probably going to suggest that each player should get the same amount of minutes, one of your CYO league rules...joke. Stick to section 209 next year.

BTW Rich larusso called.

OWNED.

why don't you go watch your deadwings back in the motown.

They are playing in Phoenix tomorrow night...that is why. OWNED x 2. Keep em coming Auerbach.

thanks for recongnizing. and unlike you, Conk's shot will come around this year. take it from a coach, moron. owned x 5 whatever that means dumbnuts.

Actually I think it qualifies more as babysitting than coaching basketball. After the orange slices do you read them a lullaby too?

until you start coming to at least 3-4 games your opinion and Rich's opinion mean nothing to me. mark my word. BC has the 10 footer down by next season and you will be the first, even though you don't see it first hand, to recognize that i was correct. you will be busy posting on the Blog and working or pounding them at the bar, too lazy to come to the games. is that you that wants me to purchase tickets for you? you can have my 200's, i'm moving down with Roy!!!!! :lol:

I am not sold on Ellis' inside game just yet. Sure he scored 14 points in a CBI game with more than half coming from inside the paint but this was just one game and he did so against a team that had two bigs in foul trouble and was undersized. Agree, we need a player like Conklin on the team for what he brings physically to the game, not to mention having Reed, Ellis, Remekun, Smith go up against his physical play in practice.

I did not intend this thread to take sides CE or BC like the have to have court time that is mutually exclusive; I think rebounding is a chance occurence

for CE just like setting a good pick.

I was more concerned about regaining health as neither could play up to potential at season's end.

Anyone ever hear what was wrong with CE? We know BC had two bad ankles per Nate.