Jordair Jett to SLU?

I don't understand the restrictions on non-athletic scholarship athletes...is that a rule for basketball teams only or something? At the risk of sounding like some of our baseball players ( :lol: ), when I was a SLU athlete, on only a partial athletic scholarship, us partials along with all walk-ons who received $0.00 from the athletic department, were able to go on all trips, be fed on all trips, weight lift during the summer, etc. etc. SLU's compliance department knows what they are doing, so I'm pretty sure we weren't breaking any rules doing so. What gives? They play their sport inside? Doesn't make sense.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the restrictions on non-athletic scholarship athletes...is that a rule for basketball teams only or something? At the risk of sounding like some of our baseball players ( :lol: ), when I was a SLU athlete, on only a partial athletic scholarship, us partials along with all walk-ons who received $0.00 from the athletic department, were able to go on all trips, be fed on all trips, weight lift during the summer, etc. etc. SLU's compliance department knows what they are doing, so I'm pretty sure we weren't breaking any rules doing so. What gives? They play their sport inside? Doesn't make sense.

I wonder if it has something to do with using the maximum scholarships alotted.

Frank said today he expects Jett to commit this weekend when he is on his visit.

six two, 200 pounds, handles and likes to pass seems like a good get. God knows when KM goes off the floor we are all waiting counting the minutes

untill he is back and we would like him to have his chance playing the 2

I don't understand the restrictions on non-athletic scholarship athletes...is that a rule for basketball teams only or something? At the risk of sounding like some of our baseball players ( :P ), when I was a SLU athlete, on only a partial athletic scholarship, us partials along with all walk-ons who received $0.00 from the athletic department, were able to go on all trips, be fed on all trips, weight lift during the summer, etc. etc. SLU's compliance department knows what they are doing, so I'm pretty sure we weren't breaking any rules doing so. What gives? They play their sport inside? Doesn't make sense.

bhayes, i dont know the answer but both romar and soderberg would tell us that a non-athletic scholarship player was restricted to what they could or couldnt participate with. there was a distinct difference and a huge advantage to being an athletic scholarshipped student athlete.

bhayes, i dont know the answer but both romar and soderberg would tell us that a non-athletic scholarship player was restricted to what they could or couldnt participate with. there was a distinct difference and a huge advantage to being an athletic scholarshipped student athlete.

Believe its apples and oranges. Soccer kids can transfer and not sit out a year like basketball. With football and basketball, the revenue sports, the rules are simply different.