game shorts

muddman

i have looked everywhere for the billikens shorts that they wear in the game. i know they have some at the billiken store but its not the ones they wear. ive looked online and every place in the mall. im guessing that they are not made to sale, but i want a pair. any help is appreicated.

i have looked everywhere for the billikens shorts that they wear in the game. i know they have some at the billiken store but its not the ones they wear. ive looked online and every place in the mall. im guessing that they are not made to sale, but i want a pair. any help is appreicated.

Good luck getting any official Nike gear from SLU. There's always been this fringe group of students who push for "free trade" and "living wage" crap and Nike laborers don't fall under any of those categories, so the bookstore will never have Nike gear on the shelves. Instead, we are left with Tier II gear from Under Armor and Champion. Fine products, but those brands aren't nearly as recognizable as the Swoosh. Unless you work in the Athletic Dept. or are an athlete or sleep with one, good luck getting any Nike gear.

Good luck getting any official Nike gear from SLU. There's always been this fringe group of students who push for "free trade" and "living wage" crap and Nike laborers don't fall under any of those categories, so the bookstore will never have Nike gear on the shelves. Instead, we are left with Tier II gear from Under Armor and Champion. Fine products, but those brands aren't nearly as recognizable as the Swoosh.

Yeah, it's a shame, because as mentioned, the SLU Nike gear is pretty nice stuff. Back when I was in school during the Woolard/Levick eras, Band members would get a warm-up suit if we met certain attendance requirements. That ended with Levick, but I got three warm-up suits out of the deal. 2 of them were really nice.

I'd guess that the only way to see more of this Nike stuff would be if the basketball team continues to get better, so much so that stores will want to carry SLU stuff, and then they might look to buy the Nike stuff to put on their shelves.

Muddman-

Talk to 05, I heard he stole a couple pair from CE. You are talking about boxers aren't you?

thanks for the info guys. nike needs to work on getting these out for sale.

Hmmm, my son works for Nike in Portland... I'm visiting there in July. I'll see what I can do. By the way, since next year appears to be our break out year for a big move, how about a big change in away uni's... go to black, blue and white? Black's mean... denotes toughness.

Hmmm, my son works for Nike in Portland... I'm visiting there in July. I'll see what I can do. By the way, since next year appears to be our break out year for a big move, how about a big change in away uni's... go to black, blue and white? Black's mean... denotes toughness.

I could do without black unis, to be honest with you. Wasn't too impressed with Dayton's black unis last night.

I wouldn't mind keeping the same color scheme, but using black as an accent color to make the lettering and numbers on the jerseys stand out more.

I could do without black unis, to be honest with you. Wasn't too impressed with Dayton's black unis last night.

I wouldn't mind keeping the same color scheme, but using black as an accent color to make the lettering and numbers on the jerseys stand out more.

Well, they would resemble Duke's black unis, since our blues are a similar color.

we should always be predominately billiken blue.

Agreed. Home whites, away blues. Adding a third color is bush league, and adding a third jersey is even more so. PANTONE® 287 Blue, White, and nothing else. http://www.slu.com/x14829.xml

It doesn't matter how well Dayton is playing in them, they don't look like Dayton in those black alternates.

As for the official jerseys and shorts, I think Nike only produces those for sale for a very limited number of schools, primarily BCS schools. I don't know the terms or anything like that, but I'm sure they have official agreements with the BCS programs that wear Nike. I know you can get Mizzou, UNC, Arizona, and a bunch of others at a lot of sporting good stores, and they're nice replicas of game shorts. Not even Xavier has replica game jerseys or shorts available; like us, they have unofficial jerseys and shorts made by secondary labels like Russel, OT Sports, Champion, etc. I did see some Xavier Nike shorts once, but they were part of a generic Nike template produced for a lot of teams, something like this: http://www.gametimeusa.com/colbasshorby.html

Some examples of the replicas are here: http://www.gametimeusa.com/ncrebashbyni.html

heck yea dude. let me know. that would be sweet.