Majerus metions Cancun opponents

SLUDrew

Thanks, and good luck!

I am a first time post but long time reader. I figured I would pass on some information I received regarding the Cancun Tournament. This the response I received from the Media Director in regards to an email I sent.

The Cancun Governors' Cup is scheduled for December 22, 23 and 25 with an

off day on the 24th. Each team plays one game per day.

The full list of teams should be announced in early summer. Besides SLU, I

have heard that Ole Miss and East Tennessee are expected to play. Keep

checking www.CancunGovernorsCup.com for the full field release (nothing

imminent but hopefully in a few weeks).

Hope those dates work out and you guys can come down. It's an easy trip and

the weather is great! Thanks for writing.

Charley Green

Media Coordinator

Cancun Governors' Cup

I am sure a lot of you, including myself are unhappy with those dates. At least there will be a Billiken to watch on XMas and I wont be forced to watch the NBA. Looks like I will just have to save my money for a trip to watch the Bills in the first and second rounds of the tournament in 2011.

I am a first time post but long time reader. I figured I would pass on some information I received regarding the Cancun Tournament. This the response I received from the Media Director in regards to an email I sent.

The Cancun Governors' Cup is scheduled for December 22, 23 and 25 with an

off day on the 24th. Each team plays one game per day.

The full list of teams should be announced in early summer. Besides SLU, I

have heard that Ole Miss and East Tennessee are expected to play. Keep

checking www.CancunGovernorsCup.com for the full field release (nothing

imminent but hopefully in a few weeks).

Hope those dates work out and you guys can come down. It's an easy trip and

the weather is great! Thanks for writing.

Charley Green

Media Coordinator

Cancun Governors' Cup

I am sure a lot of you, including myself are unhappy with those dates. At least there will be a Billiken to watch on XMas and I wont be forced to watch the NBA. Looks like I will just have to save my money for a trip to watch the Bills in the first and second rounds of the tournament in 2011.

Thanks for passing along the info. This really sucks considering I was planning on making the trip down there with my wife and a group of about 8 others. Cant do it now since the dates are on Christmas. Why couldnt they do it around New Years Eve. I cant imagine the attendance being very good at these games.

We did Cancun for Christmas 2004 at the Cancun Palace. Then again in 2008 at the RIU Cancun. Cancun is shaped like a "7" --- the land mass with the Caribbean on the long side of the seven, the bay across the top, and the lagoon in the middle. The action is more hopping at the point of the "7" but I think the arena is more on the mainland. The mainland can be a tough town, the resort is th epeninsular "7". The Palace is down the seven some from the point; I'd stay at the RIUs again if I went. Bus service is great; taxi drivers will make you go prematurely bald. All-inclusive is nicest; but the restaurants are good if you like Senor Frogs, Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock, Carlos & Charlies, Chilli's and the usual chains.

Christmas Week is supposedly akin in Mexico as 'vacation month' is in Europe --- everybody is on vacation. Two to four weeks off, the resorts crowded. I did no f ind it that way. I found the whole Christmas thing to be a way to inflate the prices. And daylight is still shorter.

Attendance is never good at these things especially the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Cancun. Heck, the only reason Maui look spacked is that the gym seats like two thousand folks and a bunch of those are on charter trips put on by school slike Maryland, Duke, Gonzaga and others.

Did I hear Coach correctly this morning when he said St. Mary's and Texas would be two of the other teams in the Cancun tournament? If so, what a great opportunity for the Bills to get a quality win or two

Saint Mary's is certainly a possibility since they have not been announced as a participant in any major tournaments yet, at least that I know of. They were a part of ESPN's inaugural Diamond Head Classic last year, which is also held on Dec. 22, 23, and 25.

Texas, on the other hand, will not be a participant, as they are already confirmed as a part on the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic and a team cannot appear in two exempt tournaments in one season.

With Conference USA as the tournament host, there will be one team from that conference, and at least one blogger has rumored the idea of Memphis being in Cancun.

Saint Mary's is certainly a possibility since they have not been announced as a participant in any major tournaments yet, at least that I know of. They were a part of ESPN's inaugural Diamond Head Classic last year, which is also held on Dec. 22, 23, and 25.

Texas, on the other hand, will not be a participant, as they are already confirmed as a part on the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic and a team cannot appear in two exempt tournaments in one season.

With Conference USA as the tournament host, there will be one team from that conference, and at least one blogger has rumored the idea of Memphis being in Cancun.

I heard that its going to be Houston but im not sure how valid that is. I still might go to the games on the 22nd and 23rd.

I heard that its going to be Houston but im not sure how valid that is. I still might go to the games on the 22nd and 23rd.

Va tech and Seton Hall played the kickoff game back in January. Will they be in the field of 8? Two other schools from major conferences would be nice from an RPI standpoint. I'm betting there will be at least 1 or 2 other teams along the same lines as Eastern Tenn.

Va tech and Seton Hall played the kickoff game back in January. Will they be in the field of 8? Two other schools from major conferences would be nice from an RPI standpoint. I'm betting there will be at least 1 or 2 other teams along the same lines as Eastern Tenn.

Houston could be very likely. Virginia Tech and Seton Hall are in other tournaments, 76 Classic and Paradise Jam, respectively, so they will not be making another trip to Cancun.

Woo-hoo!

Potential names:

Erwin

Donnie

Sekeue

Charles/Ricky

Congrats, Box. Name suggestion, Rickma... there's one you don't hear every day. And 21 years from now when he's leading the Bills to their 6th or 7th NCAA championship Nance will make sure to explain his rather unique name.

Congrats, Box. Name suggestion, Rickma... there's one you don't hear every day. And 21 years from now when he's leading the Bills to their 6th or 7th NCAA championship Nance will make sure to explain his rather unique name.

or cockstrong. there'd be no need to explain that one. just respect, everywhere dude goes.

or cockstrong. there'd be no need to explain that one. just respect, everywhere dude goes.

Those are both strong. We may consider Rammer as well.

I guess when the kiddo goes off to Majerus basketball camp in a few years, I might want to stick around to supervise.

Those are both strong. We may consider Rammer as well.

I guess when the kiddo goes off to Majerus basketball camp in a few years, I might want to stick around to supervise.

well if you do send little box to rickma camp, tell him to stay out of sight as much as possible. you do know that rickma typically sits on random kids at his camps.