JJ Injury

JJ's injury was a dislocation, there wasn't a fracture. The bone did break skin, and he is definitely out for the season.

When a dislocation occurs and the skin is broken, the joint is probably going to be messed up. Long recovery time. If it truly is on his thumb, it won't affect his shot or ability to play very much. Severely dislocated fingers are supposed to be EXTREMELY PAINFUL.

Best information on the web: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/97912-overview

Have also heard he is in surgery tonight. What a bummer....goodness. Get better JJ

I don't think this is the case, I just saw 2 players carry him back to his room not too long ago (around midnight I guess). Looked like his hand was wrapped up and it looked like he would have rather taken a bullet to his thumb than experience the pain he was in. It was hard to watch. I bet he gets surgery at 7 AM or so tomorrow morning. Far from pretty, far from pretty. My heart sunk and I wanted to cry for the kid.

It looked gruesome from my seats.

You knew it was bad when they had the police officer running to the back with him.

I feel bad for the guy he had a heck of a season.

He played hard, hit some shots, and improved on D. I expect big things from him in the next 3 years.

However, I am glad that D Young may get some time. I just wish it came via blowout and not horrible injury.

Walk-ons play hard year round and play a big role in helping the other guys get ready its nice he is going to get a chance to play and nice that his family will get to see him in action.

Good luck to JJ for a quick recovery.

I don't think this is the case, I just saw 2 players carry him back to his room not too long ago (around midnight I guess). Looked like his hand was wrapped up and it looked like he would have rather taken a bullet to his thumb than experience the pain he was in. It was hard to watch. I bet he gets surgery at 7 AM or so tomorrow morning. Far from pretty, far from pretty. My heart sunk and I wanted to cry for the kid.

If the bone was his exposed they should have to do surgery immediately or risk serious infection. Although its an unbelievable facility, I'm pretty sure they cant put the bone back in place at Chaifetz.

Did anyone else see CE grab his shoulder after he air balled that one 3? I guess he shook it off when he was posting up under the basket

yeah I saw it but couldn't tell if he was just playin' off like he was hurt cause he missed so damn many shots. I just don't think he has his legs and is worn down. I was commenting that he isn't much of a post threat and then he had two or three great post plays. use him in that manner... his 3 is gone for the season.

Darrin Young will have to play on Wednesday. Majerus talked about it in his post-game press conference.

Justin Jordan becomes the fourth SLU guard to be lost to a season-ending injury this year — even though it's only for a game possibly — following Paul Eckerle (knee), Jeff Reid (concussion) and Femi John (knee).

The Billikens could try to play more of a three-forward lineup on Wednesday, but obviously Jon Smith hasn't been playing much lately and if he were to start the only backup for the forwards would be Cory Remekun.

So you will see Young playing a lot more minutes on Wednesday.

My original thought as well about Young. All he has to do handle the ball a bit and not have any turn overs along with sticking to his man like glue when he is it there. No need to get fancy just don't hurt us.

Guest BillikenReport

My original thought as well about Young. All he has to do handle the ball a bit and not have any turn overs along with sticking to his man like glue when he is it there. No need to get fancy just don't hurt us.

Young will get a crash course in defending the Princeton offense today and tomorrow.

It's not as simple as sticking to his man like glue, unfortunately.

i know this is stupid, but my friend is calling JJ, J-Bone now because of the bone sticking out...funny, but stupid......let's see what DYoung can do, hopefully he can contribute just enough for the win, and then get some more time before next week's championship series.

i know this is stupid, but my friend is calling JJ, J-Bone now because of the bone sticking out...funny, but stupid......let's see what DYoung can do, hopefully he can contribute just enough for the win, and then get some more time before next week's championship series.

Young has practiced against our guys for the whole year. I think he should get the change to play. Even if he just gives each of the three guards 1 or two minutes rest throughout the game it would help. Anyone know more about his game and ball handling skills? I am sure he gets plenty of defensive practice as it is.

He has been a member of the team all year. I think he plays!

I actually saw him play a couple times in high school...seems like he can definitely handle the ball which is definitely big.....decent shooter, but I don't see him looking for too many shots wednesday......i never paid too much attention to individual players defensively in high school, but he seems pretty quick and strong...he's probably had some time guarding Kwamain throughout the year, so I think he's ready for whatever....Also he seems to me, just from watching him on the bench, he'll pour his heart and soul into it the entire time, even if its only for 2-3 minutes at a time....can't wait to see what he gives us, and i'm really rooting for him.

I actually saw him play a couple times in high school...seems like he can definitely handle the ball which is definitely big.....decent shooter, but I don't see him looking for too many shots wednesday......i never paid too much attention to individual players defensively in high school, but he seems pretty quick and strong...he's probably had some time guarding Kwamain throughout the year, so I think he's ready for whatever....Also he seems to me, just from watching him on the bench, he'll pour his heart and soul into it the entire time, even if its only for 2-3 minutes at a time....can't wait to see what he gives us, and i'm really rooting for him.

Will he have his name on the jersey?

Yeah, I hadn't considered a dislocation. It really must have been a ton of force to actually break the skin....I'll email my best friend (a proud SLU grad himself) who is the head trainer for Cleveland Indians. Maybe he can clue me in on what's to be expected....

JJ said it was just a dislocation and not a fracture as people have already stated.

Starts physical therapy in a few weeks but has to wait for the swelling to go down to see if the ligaments in the thumb tore... that could complicate the recovery process.

JJ said it was just a dislocation and not a fracture as people have already stated.

Starts physical therapy in a few weeks but has to wait for the swelling to go down to see if the ligaments in the thumb tore... that could complicate the recovery process.

i wouldn't be talking to anyone if that happened to me. just hookers, weed and pills. no talking.