Dayton vs. Duquesne on ESPN2 right now

brianstl

It is only about a 4 hour drive, and its on ESPN 2. Dayton travels well.

Have you ever seen two teams try to lose the game more?

turnover followed by missed free throws followed by missed rebounds, followed by missed free throws followed by turnovers....

I meant we as viewers were going to get to see a five second call along with all the other mistakes we saw in that game.

Gotcha.

During a break late in the second half, the announcers were talking about the conference's likely bids, and they suggested that Richmond, Xavier, and Temple are in good shape and SLU, Charlotte, Rhode Island, and Dayton are among those fighting to determine what might be one or two more at-large bids.

I think the Billikens' best shot at the Tourney is still winning the A-10 Tournament. Dayton may have also played themselves into that position.

Gotcha.

During a break late in the second half, the announcers were talking about the conference's likely bids, and they suggested that Richmond, Xavier, and Temple are in good shape and SLU, Charlotte, Rhode Island, and Dayton are among those fighting to determine what might be one or two more at-large bids.

I think the Billikens' best shot at the Tourney is still winning the A-10 Tournament. Dayton may have also played themselves into that position.

I'd add Charlotte to that as well as I've seen a few different places list them as OUT after yesterday's loss at home.

i think dayton just joined charlotte and rhode island as a long shot bubble team. all three need slu to fold down the stretch imo. if not, the fact we will finish ahead of them in conference will be all the excuse that the committee will need to deep six them. kshoe is right the a-10 might be down to three teams right now.

i think dayton just joined charlotte and rhode island as a long shot bubble team. all three need slu to fold down the stretch imo. if not, the fact we will finish ahead of them in conference will be all the excuse that the committee will need to deep six them. kshoe is right the a-10 might be down to three teams right now.

I would say the A-10 is gonna get 4.

i used to be part of the crowd that suggested the more teams in the tourney for the A-10 the better. But that was when our team looked to be headed nowhere. NOw that this team looks to be headed somewhere ive become more of a "whatever happens to make SLU's chances better" fan. In this case Im cheering for Duquesne. I want that top 4 seeding so our boys can get a break and enjoy a semi-easy road to the semifinals of the conference tourney.

Agreed

I had the March 6 game against Dayton down as a likely loss. However, if Dayton completely implodes down the stretch...

That would be nice but I'm sure they will be gunning for us. They probably have a picture of me in their locker room that they throw darts at. Not to mention backhand, dirtyrican, slusae03 and the the big guy.

I had the March 6 game against Dayton down as a likely loss. However, if Dayton completely implodes down the stretch...

A 10-game winning streak, if it were to happen (need first to make it 6 by winning a tough road game today), entering the A-10 Tournament might get the Bills an at-large bid.

That would be nice but I'm sure they will be gunning for us. They probably have a picture of me in their locker room that they throw darts at. Not to mention backhand, dirtyrican, slusae03 and the the big guy.

Actually, that might benefit SLU, as they need to focus on the guys wearing the SAINT LOUIS jerseys.

Actually, that might benefit SLU, as they need to focus on the guys wearing the SAINT LOUIS jerseys.

True...I need to try to talk to Cox about getting us floor seats at Dayton. I'm on it.

We've gone from 6 teams in the tourney to now just 3. Dayton will have to win the A-10 tourney to get a bid now.

as we speak today, i agree. 3 at large teams. but that is more because slu gives the committee and excuse to kick out the higher rpi'd dayton, rhode island and charlotte.

all four have significant games left that can seal the deal for better or worse imo.

dayton has games with temple umass richmond and saint louis. they sweep those four they are definitely still in.

rhode island has the worse chance to upgrade however they have the easiest road remaining with st bonnie, charlotte and umass remaining.

charlotte has st joes, gw, rhode island and richmond

we of course have xavier, duquesne, temple and dayton.

a lot of shuffling can happen and my guess is that charlotte and rhode island might end up the highest of the four in the conference simply because they have the easiest schedule remaining, but dayton and saint louis have the most upside rpiwise.