Official Game Thread: SLU vs Dookain

jimbofive

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win on the road.

Double OT, Bills of past would have likely folded.

We won with DEPTH! What, 10 players played significant minutes.

KM stepped up when we needed it, Ellis with some key points and 11 reb's., and great game by Cassity.

And we did it despite Duq getting 31 to our 6 free throws at one point until late in the game when Duq had to foul.

Good thing Rick said not to expect much out of Ellis. Can the man evaluate talent or am I way off thinking he can?

What I really like was the ball reversal plays in the second Ot. On the first, pass to the key extended and Ellis dumps it down for Willie's dunk. Next time around, same ball movement and the dump down is covered and Ellis pops the short 14 footer in. I think at that point we went up by seven in the second OT. Now THAT is something I haven't seen in all my years ---- at least none that I can remember.

The sum is greater than the individual parts. Stay calm --- I mean, it was Duquesne (low). But it was on the road (high). Following a win at home over a good A10 team in Richmond (high). Basically just what freshmen and sophomores will do to you.

Good thing Rick said not to expect much out of Ellis. Can the man evaluate talent or am I way off thinking he can?

What I really like was the ball reversal plays in the second Ot. On the first, pass to the key extended and Ellis dumps it down for Willie's dunk. Next time around, same ball movement and the dump down is covered and Ellis pops the short 14 footer in. I think at that point we went up by seven in the second OT. Now THAT is something I haven't seen in all my years ---- at least none that I can remember.

The sum is greater than the individual parts. Stay calm --- I mean, it was Duquesne (low). But it was on the road (high). Following a win at home over a good A10 team in Richmond (high). Basically just what freshmen and sophomores will do to you.

CE looks really calm out there. Moreso than anyone, I'd say. Even KM still gets a bit out of control sometimes.

Ellis has yet to disappoint.....

AHHHH i love winning! This one felt good even though I only could see pixelated blobs running around the screen and no sound. 2-0 in the A-10, and 2-0 with CE!

And no score.... I did my best to keep it in mind, but I would lose track. The ESPN gametracker was a little slow too...

Pagenelli hit a 3 at the buzzer. Lady Bills are going to OT as well.

I always thought that Paganelli and Drejaj would be a match made in heaven. I don't know what the female equivalent of a chinstrap is, but she's got it. Clutch MFs to boot.

Check out his stats in general.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=38213

14.3 pts, 12.8 rebs, 2.4 assts, 53% FG, 3.0 stls, 3.4 blks

Has had 9, 7 and 6 blocks in games this year. 6 steals twice. What a beast.

I thought I heard the Dukes anouncers say he had one in every game, but the link says he didn't do it 3 times.

The kid is good.

Had a night class tonight, got back at 9. Glad I knew the outcome going into this thread because it would have driven me nuts. Great job Bills!

11-5 overall, 2-0 in Cody Ellis play (conference play is hereby renamed Cody Ellis play). Like they say, Once Cody season starts, everybody is 0-0! :lol: