Saintsations vs. St.Sations

joe is right, they will always be "the baby blues".

While I liked the Baby Blue names, the Saintsations have been a significant upgrade in "talent".

There were always one or two attractive ones on every squad of the Baby Blues but as a squad the Saintsations are a huge improvement in that area, so I will take the new name since it has come with new talent.

While I liked the Baby Blue names, the Saintsations have been a significant upgrade in "talent".

There were always one or two attractive ones on every squad of the Baby Blues but as a squad the Saintsations are a huge improvement in that area, so I will take the new name since it has come with new talent.

They were and always will be to many "The Baby Blues" Saintsations is the most stupid name they could have come up with.

How is it that so many other schools can have a dance team and cheerleaders and SLU can't. Lindenwood has a good dance team and a full compliment of MALE and female cheerleaders. The Blue Crew just doesn't get the job done. No wonder everyone sits on their hands.

They were and always will be to many "The Baby Blues" Saintsations is the most stupid name they could have come up with.

How is it that so many other schools can have a dance team and cheerleaders and SLU can't. Lindenwood has a good dance team and a full compliment of MALE and female cheerleaders. The Blue Crew just doesn't get the job done. No wonder everyone sits on their hands.

You can't blame the rest of the arena on the student section! If we had male cheerleaders, the crowd would still sit on their hands.

From what I was told they got rid of male cheerleaders because none of them would fully commit. They had to struggle to get them to show up for practice and workouts. The female cheerleaders barely get scholarships, what makes you think that you can get guys to make the commitment for $2000 or alot less in scholarship money

At the risk of sounding like a dirty old man, I would have to agree. The Saintsations are a major talent upgrade over the Baby Blues. This year's crew is very impressive.

This has to be the first complaint about not having male cheerleaders that I've ever encountered. Maybe the Rams need some male cheerleaders. B)

From what I was told they got rid of male cheerleaders because none of them would fully commit. They had to struggle to get them to show up for practice and workouts.

That would make sense. I was told, by someone who should know what they're talking about, that several of the male cheerleaders had some injury issues, and SLU wanted to play it safe and avoid getting sued if such injuries continued. As a result in some part, SLU now has female-only cheerleaders/dancers.

I think there may have been some other conflicts concerning the wishes of some prior cheer coaches to make it more of a top-level competitive cheer squad, but SLU wasn't as interested in that kind of thing. That may have led to one or more coaches quitting, and with a coaching vacancy, SLU might have taken the opportunity to consolidate squads as they did.

Who wants SLU to have male cheerleaders anyway?

You can't blame the rest of the arena on the student section! If we had male cheerleaders, the crowd would still sit on their hands.

From what I was told they got rid of male cheerleaders because none of them would fully commit. They had to struggle to get them to show up for practice and workouts. The female cheerleaders barely get scholarships, what makes you think that you can get guys to make the commitment for $2000 or alot less in scholarship money

There's quite a few athletes receiving $2,000 in athletic scholarships a year who put in an amazing amount of time.

I was told the reason the male cheerleaders were discontinued was due to the lack of physical strength of the men(?) who tried out. I attend nearly ever women's bball game, and the last year they had male c-leaders, those guys were incapable of throwing a ball into the seats at good ol' West Pine.

This has to be the first complaint about not having male cheerleaders that I've ever encountered. Maybe the Rams need some male cheerleaders. B)

I was going to say the same thing. I am okay with no male cheerleaders.

When there were male cheerleaders, I can't say the crowd was any better.

SLU is not the first school to go to an "All-Girl" squad.

There's quite a few athletes receiving $2,000 in athletic scholarships a year who put in an amazing amount of time.

I was told the reason the male cheerleaders were discontinued was due to the lack of physical strength of the men(?) who tried out. I attend nearly ever women's bball game, and the last year they had male c-leaders, those guys were incapable of throwing a ball into the seats at good ol' West Pine.

Just clarifying that the girls get NO Where close to $$2000. Last year the girls didn't even receive their allotment until close to April. It only came after several requests and letters written to Admin. in our case. Hopefully this year will be better with the payouts.

Who wants SLU to have male cheerleaders anyway?

Well, in previous threads, I've said that we should. In the old days, the male cheerleaders would yell through their megaphones, and I'm pretty sure there was even a bass drum. We've had a couple of women who understood the more fiery cheering aspect of inciting the crowd (that really athletic one who did the slam dunks often went beyond the "Gowe, Gowe" that some of the others seem to be limited to).

I'm sad to hear about the alleged physical shortcomings of the most recent males. I can remember some who clearly spent time in the weight room. (And I'm guessing the one woman who almost got dropped two games ago wishes there were at least a few strong men to do the lifts.)

Maybe A-Bomb can chime in. Did your wife get any scholarship money? In my day, I was under the impression that the basketball cheerleaders got a half ride. (Get your minds out of the gutters, guys -- and you know who you are B) )

Well, in previous threads, I've said that we should. In the old days, the male cheerleaders would yell through their megaphones, and I'm pretty sure there was even a bass drum. We've had a couple of women who understood the more fiery cheering aspect of inciting the crowd (that really athletic one who did the slam dunks often went beyond the "Gowe, Gowe" that some of the others seem to be limited to).

I'm sad to hear about the alleged physical shortcomings of the most recent males. I can remember some who clearly spent time in the weight room. (And I'm guessing the one woman who almost got dropped two games ago wishes there were at least a few strong men to do the lifts.)

Maybe A-Bomb can chime in. Did your wife get any scholarship money? In my day, I was under the impression that the basketball cheerleaders got a half ride. (Get your minds out of the gutters, guys -- and you know who you are B) )

At the game where the cheer alumni were there, when we went to get the S-L-U flags for pregame, 3 former male cheerleaders were there, and these guys would have no problem using a bass drum as a frisbee. Their biceps were thicker than my thighs. "I can't touch my shoulders" jacked. B) Maybe they are in short supply now?

Maybe A-Bomb can chime in. Did your wife get any scholarship money?

No scholarship money for the Baby Blues. The Cheerleaders used to get books that was all.

I'm told the current team is real bad technically.

Do you really think the girls are capable of throwing a ball into the stands? Most go only to the first 10 rows. They would be better off throwing them from above to the seats where the poor folk sit. The high rollers in the first 10 rows surely don't need a free mini ball.

The girls are also incapable of doing any lifts or tosses as are seen at other schools. If SLU is going to build a great program they should look at every aspect and that includes the cheerleaders, oh I forgot, we don't have cheerleaders we only have the "Saintsations".

I have been personally acquainted with some of the male cheerleaders who were committed, worked out and had a great deal more enthusiasm than what is shown by the girls...yes, the girls are cute and perky, however, they could do a far better job than they currently do.

Bring back the Baby Blues and get a real cheerleader squad!

I'm all about ripping on those that run the 'Fetz and the college basketball experience..however, I will say SLU does a couple things better than other schools.

1) Female only cheerleaders...I don't want any dudes on the floor, just college girls. PERIOD. Good job SLU.

2) Selling beer at the games. I know this sounds bad, but if they didn't sell beer, it would be hard to get through some of those games and I would seriously consider not renewing my tickets. Ok, I would just sneak in a few flasks and still renew.

They are already separated into Cheer and dance squads. It was done earlier this year. If you notice-not everyone dances.

Yes, I realize that but they are the same group of girls some just do different things. Next year its suppose to be completely different, and I have heard they are going to try and have guys.