Best all around effort and deepest bench

GOSLU68

that defensive effort by the Bills to start the game did it for me; Femi John had a nice steal.

Everyone had a good performance even the walk on was cool dribbling and not being tempted to shoot with an 18 point lead

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that defensive effort by the Bills to start the game did it for me; Femi John had a nice steal.

Everyone had a good performance even the walk on was cool dribbling and not being tempted to shoot with an 18 point lead

I think I heard half the stadium yelling at him to shoot...

There is our manditory weekly mention of RM's salary. I honestly think that there are a lot of people on this board that dislike RM simply because of his salary. It gets old, seriously.

Yeah. Its pretty ridiculous especially when you consider how much other college basketball coaches make or even more ridiculous if you consider college football coaches. 1 mil really isn't much for a big name coach, but fans that want something to gripe about constantly use it as a way to dis Rick and SLU.

darren should have taken a shot. there is a chance he wont see the court again the rest of the season. the opposing coach would have understood that shot.

Yeah. Its pretty ridiculous especially when you consider how much other college basketball coaches make or even more ridiculous if you consider college football coaches. 1 mil really isn't much for a big name coach, but fans that want something to gripe about constantly use it as a way to dis Rick and SLU.

How is that a "dis" against RM? Seriously, he's been around forever. Outcoaching EIU is a given. This is like giving an employee a bonus for showing up on time. What gets old is putting up with the low standards people like you seem to set.

I don't think RM got any Gatorade dumped on him for beating EIU.

darren should have taken a shot. there is a chance he wont see the court again the rest of the season. the opposing coach would have understood that shot.

He should not have taken a shot if the coaches told him not to. If he had he surely would not see the court again.

He should not have taken a shot if the coaches told him not to. If he had he surely would not see the court again.

i agree with that. but in the interest of giving the kid his possible only college highlight, why couldnt ricky raymond majerus tell him, "go ahead and shoot it"? that said, there were a couple of points in that last minute where his teamates could have looked to give him the ball when the shot clock was running down and they didnt make any effort to give the kid the shot. that was very disappointing as well.

i agree with that. but in the interest of giving the kid his possible only college highlight, why couldnt ricky raymond majerus tell him, "go ahead and shoot it"? that said, there were a couple of points in that last minute where his teamates could have looked to give him the ball when the shot clock was running down and they didnt make any effort to give the kid the shot. that was very disappointing as well.

At the end of the game when he was doing his shake and bake Rick got a big smile on. I thought he might say shoot, but he didn't.

-wow, if we have moved to being very disappointed that a walk on didn't get to shoot we have made tremendous strides as a program

-his opportunity was lost when the foul was called as with the shot clock winding down i would think a shot would be ok, with no shot clock why shoot and do that to an opponent?

speaking of ricky raymond majerus sideline reactions, when salecich made that diving save while bending to avoid the sideline (one of the best saves i have ever seen) ricky raymond majerus clapped loudly for him. normally he keeps his emotions and public displays fairly even keel. it was good to see that on just an outstanding effort by christian.

slu should use that save as a season highlight.

How is that a "dis" against RM? Seriously, he's been around forever. Outcoaching EIU is a given. This is like giving an employee a bonus for showing up on time. What gets old is putting up with the low standards people like you seem to set.

Look you totally took my post the wrong way. I think Rick should outcoach EIU and kick their butts every single time. Given his track record, Rick should pretty much outcoach anyone. However, if we aren't as talented as the other team sometimes Rick can outcoach til the cows come home and we will still lose. I do not have low standards I just like to enjoy wins rather than shrug them off because they came against less than stellar opponents (every team in college bball plays bad teams and the wins still count). I expect SLU to beat BG and then go at least 9-7 in A-10 win their 1st A-10 tournament game and get to 20 wins (are those low standards?).

I don't necessarily think your post was an attack, but I think it is pathetic that some people (usually on Timmerman's blog or PD and not here) constantly attack RM or SLU because of his salary. Who cares what he makes? Does it affect them in any way? No. It appears to me that he is building something good at SLU and earning his money, so whatever. I'm glad SLU is paying their coach like they should if they want a top program.

As I watched it unfold it was clear to me that the entire staff wanted to have the situation be clear that the "team" was most important and they really supported the young man and gave him props for being a team player. The game was over and there was no need to shoot again.

speaking of ricky raymond majerus sideline reactions, when salecich made that diving save while bending to avoid the sideline (one of the best saves i have ever seen) ricky raymond majerus clapped loudly for him. normally he keeps his emotions and public displays fairly even keel. it was good to see that on just an outstanding effort by christian.

slu should use that save as a season highlight.

I agree great hustle and effort play by Christian.

Roy, I liked RickMa, but for some reason "Ricky Raymond Majerus" is just annoying. I know others had quibbles with RickMa, but I vote you go back or just use Rick or Majerus. Just my opinion though, you can post however you want.

Look you totally took my post the wrong way. I think Rick should outcoach EIU and kick their butts every single time. Given his track record, Rick should pretty much outcoach anyone. However, if we aren't as talented as the other team sometimes Rick can outcoach til the cows come home and we will still lose. I do not have low standards I just like to enjoy wins rather than shrug them off because they came against less than stellar opponents (every team in college bball plays bad teams and the wins still count). I expect SLU to beat BG and then go at least 9-7 in A-10 win their 1st A-10 tournament game and get to 20 wins (are those low standards?).

I don't necessarily think your post was an attack, but I think it is pathetic that some people (usually on Timmerman's blog or PD and not here) constantly attack RM or SLU because of his salary. Who cares what he makes? Does it affect them in any way? No. It appears to me that he is building something good at SLU and earning his money, so whatever. I'm glad SLU is paying their coach like they should if they want a top program.

agreed. RM's salary has nothing to do with anything, but it gets brought up over and over again.

I don't remember anyone saying we should dump gatorade on RM. Last time I checked we have a team made up of all frosh and sophs and only have 9 players on the team. All wins are good wins.

I agree great hustle and effort play by Christian.

Roy, I liked RickMa, but for some reason "Ricky Raymond Majerus" is just annoying. I know others had quibbles with RickMa, but I vote you go back or just use Rick or Majerus. Just my opinion though, you can post however you want.

i agree, but cowboy thinks i am taking shots at him by using "rickma" and i dont want anyone to think that so i am using his given name.

i agree, but cowboy thinks i am taking shots at him by using "rickma" and i dont want anyone to think that so i am using his given name.

I doubt he was named Ricky - if you are indeed using his given name then I would think you would use Richard. Roy I could care less what you call him but when you post about him you come of sarcastic - whether on purpose or not - so to show that you really do not mean anything then drop the Ricky and people would leave you alone - just some advice so do with it as you please.

I doubt he was named Ricky - if you are indeed using his given name then I would think you would use Richard. Roy I could care less what you call him but when you post about him you come of sarcastic - whether on purpose or not - so to show that you really do not mean anything then drop the Ricky and people would leave you alone - just some advice so do with it as you please.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2202946/bio

it is ricky raymond majerus

if i come off sarcastic is it only because i am. when someone makes a stupid comment that "rickma" is a slam on him, that someone deserves sarcasm.

i will go back to rickma.

Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding. I agree that RM has earned his money to date, and I expect the team to continue improvement.