A Few Interesting Games on Tonight

TheA_Bomb

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like more delusions of grandeur from their fans. Look at how the resident MU board trolls jumped to Jeff Gordon's defense... the same Gordon who touted Mizzou's return to "national prominence" ?!?! I get a kick out of banned billiphan/postcard now taking on the role of spokesman for their fans, after years of denials and being coy about his Tiger allegiance. After I helped smoke him out, at least he is now showing his true Tiger stripes. :rolleyes:

So far the only ones who claimed they'd be any good are Kshoe and RUbills. You haven't heard it from any Mizzou fans here. Of course, that doesn't fit your argument. Mizzou fans that think this years Tiger squad is as good as last years Tiger squad are as silly as the Bills fans that are already predicting a deep run in the NCAA tournment next year. I mean, can we make it before we start the Final Four talk? :lol:

So far the only ones who claimed they'd be any good are Kshoe and RUbills. You haven't heard it from any Mizzou fans here. Of course, that doesn't fit your argument. Mizzou fans that think this years Tiger squad is as good as last years Tiger squad are as silly as the Bills fans that are already predicting a deep run in the NCAA tournment next year. I mean, can we make it before we start the Final Four talk? :rolleyes:

Well Jeff Gordon, who you defended so strongly, talked about the return to "national prominence" :lol: We can always count on you to defend the honor of your beloved Tigers.

So far the only ones who claimed they'd be any good are Kshoe and RUbills. You haven't heard it from any Mizzou fans here. Of course, that doesn't fit your argument. Mizzou fans that think this years Tiger squad is as good as last years Tiger squad are as silly as the Bills fans that are already predicting a deep run in the NCAA tournment next year. I mean, can we make it before we start the Final Four talk? :lol:

Nobody said as good as. What was said by many Tiger fans was that they'd be good because it was about the system and not the players. I doubt any Tiger fans thought they'd be 5-3 at this point given the schedule they've played.

I didn't claim that Mizzou would be any good. I said I have heard Tiger fans who thought they would be good. I don't think anyone expected them to be as good as last year, but most Tiger fans I know thought being picked 7th in the big 12 was too low. They used the "Anderson with his players and system" rationale for thinking the team would be good despite losing some of their best players. Most Tiger fans I know did not think of this as a rebuilding year, but rather a re-loading year.

Now that they are 5-3, it appears those fans were wrong and Mizzou is going to have to rebuild.

Mizzou has good players and depth in the backcourt but they are getting killed inside against good teams. And, in that backcourt there isn't much size for position at two guard.

Next year Mike Anderson gets one of the best recruits he's ever had as a head coach in Tony Mitchell. He dominated the Texas Jamboree last weekend. He's a 6'8 wing who can do a lot of things well. Pressey is a good recruit as well.

Mizzou isn't nearly as good as last year, but they'll get some solid wins this year.

Most Mizzou fans don't read Tigerboard, Gordon or Burwell.

So far the only ones who claimed they'd be any good are Kshoe and RUbills. You haven't heard it from any Mizzou fans here. Of course, that doesn't fit your argument. Mizzou fans that think this years Tiger squad is as good as last years Tiger squad are as silly as the Bills fans that are already predicting a deep run in the NCAA tournment next year. I mean, can we make it before we start the Final Four talk? :rolleyes:

Who are the "Bills fans that are already predicting a deep run in the NCAA tournament next year"? Please provide some examples because I don't recall reading that sentiment on this board.

Where are your examples? Name somebody. It shouldn't be difficult. You said "fans" so there should be more than one.

Wait a second. Kshoe and RUBills said the same thing when talking about Mizzou. They said "all the Mizzou people I heard" or "all the people on Tigerboard." They didn't provide any examples beyond those statements.

Are you denying that their are supporters on this board that don't think the Bills will go to the tourney next year and win more than one game? Do you not think they'll make the tourney next year and win some games?

Wait a second. Kshoe and RUBills said the same thing when talking about Mizzou. They said "all the Mizzou people I heard" or "all the people on Tigerboard." They didn't provide any examples beyond those statements.

Are you denying that their are supporters on this board that don't think the Bills will go to the tourney next year and win more than one game? Do you not think they'll make the tourney next year and win some games?

Assuming things stay the same and Ellis eventually shows up I will be very disappointed if we don't make the tournament. As to winning some games that might take 2 years, though winning 1 might be possible.

I don't care about what goes on with Tigerboard, although I know you are hellbent on protecting the reputation of your beloved Mizzou and seek admiration from SLU fans. If kshoe said it, I tend to believe him. He has proven to be very credible over the years.

Now, back to the BILLIKENS board and your claim - "Bills fans that are already predicting a deep run in the NCAA tournament next year"? Still waiting for examples. Looks like you are struggling with it at this point.

I don't care about what goes on with Tigerboard, although I know you are hellbent on protecting the reputation of your beloved Mizzou and seek admiration from SLU fans. If kshoe said it, I tend to believe him. He has proven to be very credible over the years.

Now, back to the BILLIKENS board and your claim - "Bills fans that are already predicting a deep run in the NCAA tournament next year"? Still waiting for examples. Looks like you are struggling with it at this point.

You can put me in the group that thinks we MIGHT make the dance next year. Don't expect anything deep until the following year. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? Kshoe and RUBills are the ones that brought up Tiger fans. Kshoe brought up Tigerboard and apparently spends enough time on there(like you) to form an opinion on what the majority of the posters there felt about conference predictions.

I don't need to show you examples to prove my point. Like I said, if you pay any attention to this board at all, you would realize that prediction has been made by more than one person.

I'll ask again, do you not feel they'll make the tourney next year and win some games?

I don't need to show you examples to prove my point. Like I said, if you pay any attention to this board at all, you would realize that prediction has been made by more than one person.

:lol::lol: You can't even come up with one, much less fans to back up your claim... "Bills fans that are already predicting a deep run in the NCAA tournament next year"? You have completely failed to prove your point.

:lol::lol: You can't even come up with one, much less fans to back up your claim... "Bills fans that are already predicting a deep run in the NCAA tournament next year"? You have completely failed to prove your point.

I could, I just don't want to. I'm not going to go back through 100's of posts to please you. Do it yourself.

So you don't think the Bills will make the tourney next year? Some fan you are. :P:P

So you don't think the Bills will make the tourney next year? Some fan you are. :lol::lol:

I guess there is no difference between the statements "the Billikens will make a deep run in the tournament" and "the Billikens will make the tournament."

You'll have to ask the people making the predictions. What's yours?

I don't have to because I understand the difference between "make the tournament" and "make a deep run in the tournament," which puts me beyond a 5th Grade reading level. You, on the other hand, are either below that level or you just choose to be an ass. My guess is the latter.

I don't have to because I understand the difference between "make the tournament" and "make a deep run in the tournament," which puts me beyond a 5th Grade reading level. You, on the other hand, are either below that level or you just choose to be an ass. My guess is the latter.

I've read posts on here where Bills fans or predicting more than the team just making the tourney next year. In fact, as I've pointed out, some have said they'll make a DEEP run. So what don't you understand dipshit? Some say they'll make the tourney. Others say the'll make a deep run. I'm asking you which ones are right?

I've read posts on here where Bills fans or predicting more than the team just making the tourney next year. In fact, as I've pointed out, some have said they'll make a DEEP run. So what don't you understand dipshit? Some say they'll make the tourney. Others say the'll make a deep run. I'm asking you which ones are right?

Look posty, I am actually starting to feel sorry for you. You have received plenty of beat downs on this board before, but this is getting really bad. Just because kshoe took a little shot at your beloved Mizzou fans, doesn't mean that you should just make up crap about SLU fans. You look even more foolish than normal. You can not even name one, much less multiple SLU fans who have predicted a "deep run" in next year's tournament.

Like Ace, I would like you to point out specifically when a poster said we would make a DEEP run, because I don't recall that. I've heard posters say they think we'll make the tourney, but not make a DEEP run.