RM on Franks radio show today

He will be on at 11:30am today on The Press Box 590 the fan

Came in way late. Said he was telling Willie that he has to "mitigate his lack of strength by getting low and not getting locked in to only turning one shoulder" ala Dwight Howard. Says Cassity is a TREMENDOUS PASSER, better passer than Doc Rivers. But he's gotta be a much better shooter, needs to get in the gym and get the reps like Femi John is. Said Porter Moser was very close to locking up Villanova to come into STL for a game next year.

Anyone catch the first 20 minutes? :blink:

Came in late. What was he saying about Tommie and not graduating? He sounded frustrated.

DAMMIT somebody had to have heard the whole show. I was poised to listen and then got a call from a good friend that I couldn't drop. Come on you bastards! :blink:

DAMMIT somebody had to have heard the whole show. I was poised to listen and then got a call from a good friend that I couldn't drop. Come on you bastards! :)

You can hear the replay on kfns.com. Just click on "The Pressbox"

For those who cannot listen at work, here are a few key comments:

-Mitchell will be the best player next season (little surprise)

-Conklin has worked hard to reduce his body fat a few percentage points

-Reed is making really great progress both on and off the court

-Coach really, really likes Femi John and is thrilled to death at how hard he has worked on his shot

-Cassity is an unbelievable passer, but he needs to work on his shot so that he has opportunities to use his passing

There really weren't whole lot of comments about the new kids coming in this year.

Hopefully the the Villanova home and home is made official

Ahhh, thanks much.

It was vintage rambling by Rick. Not much of the interview was about SLU. It is interesting how much praise Rick continues to give Femi. Frank asked if it was possible if Ellis would immediately be the best player on the team - Rick discounted that. Praised Conklin for his conditioning. Rick was very candid about his own past NCAA violations. Most of the conversation was about "one and dones". As usual, numerous references to Andre Miller.

It was vintage rambling by Rick. Not much of the interview was about SLU. It is interesting how much praise Rick continues to give Femi. Frank asked if it was possible if Ellis would immediately be the best player on the team - Rick discounted that. Praised Conklin for his conditioning. Rick was very candid about his own past NCAA violations. Most of the conversation was about "one and dones". As usual, numerous references to Andre Miller.

In reference to Ellis, Rick said he is always reserved about guys that dominate in high school because of "college" bodies. Probably explains a lot of his frustration with Brett Thompson. However, Cody continues to put up big numbers against world class competition, and his pedigree can't be questioned. I tell you what, I wish we had a shot at Brock Motum. I guess we should just be glad that Ellis didn't follow him to Wash State. Ellis, along w/ Motum, who was the MVP of the recent U19 4 Nations Tourney, took one of the five all-tourney spots. So I'm still excited.

Also, they got a kick out of Rick's saying that even he used a little "peripheral vision" during a math test or two in college. Basically setting forth that no one is morally impervious. Quoted Lenny Bruce by saying that "people are only as honest as they can afford to be". Love to hear Rick talk, and no matter what his methods, one cannot for a second believe that he doesn't take a genuine interest in his players. He'd probably tuck them in every night if it wasn't a violation of some sort. He sure as hell wants to practice a LOT more than the NCAA allows. Commended Femi, Kwamain, Brian and... Kyle for being on the honor roll last year. Also said he was proud of Willie for genuinely giving an A effort for a C result.

1) I think he said that Ellis is not immediately the BEST player on the team. Frank C always takes things to the extreme. Coach said strong new players cannot just walk in and overpower everyone. I think what he is saying is that the jury is still out on any freshman big man until you see how they play against the big boys. I still think that Ellis is considered the mostly likely freshman to step in and play a lot.

2) He said that Kyle has been in working out and getting stronger. He has very good mechanics on his shot, but he needs to get more reps like Femi. And then the passing stuff. Best friends with Kyle.

3) Willie needs to work on post moves going each way (each shoulder). Needs to work on staying lower to the ground.

4) It sounds like Conklin has cut some body fat. He could be a real warrior next year. I thought he was the strongest and most physical player on the team last year. I just think he needed some time to adjust to the speed of the D1 game. This team's strength will be in the post with WR, BC, and CE.

2) He said that Kyle has been in working out and getting stronger. He has very good mechanics on his shot, but he needs to get more reps like Femi. And then the passing stuff. Best friends with Kyle.

I meant to say he mentioned Femi and Kyle are best friends or roomates or something like that (can't remember the actual quote).

Guest BillikenReport

4) It sounds like Conklin has cut some body fat. He could be a real warrior next year. I thought he was the strongest and most physical player on the team last year. I just think he needed some time to adjust to the speed of the D1 game. This team's strength will be in the post with WR, BC, and CE.

I thought I posted something about this recently on here, but maybe I didn't.

When I saw Conklin recently, I thought he looked taller. I asked someone close to the program about it and was told that he has slimmed down (lost weight and body fat), which actually makes him look taller. Apparently other people have also mentioned to Conklin that he looks taller now.

He's slimmed down while getting stronger and should have a good season. I've been impressed with him also as leader, because he's one of the guys trying to show the freshmen how things are done and working with him.

All of the returning sophomores have put in work and gotten stronger and are going hard at workouts and open gyms. Kwamain is at another level, but everyone has improved since last year and there's still plenty of time before the season starts to get even better.

I thought I posted something about this recently on here, but maybe I didn't.

When I saw Conklin recently, I thought he looked taller. I asked someone close to the program about it and was told that he has slimmed down (lost weight and body fat), which actually makes him look taller. Apparently other people have also mentioned to Conklin that he looks taller now.

He's slimmed down while getting stronger and should have a good season. I've been impressed with him also as leader, because he's one of the guys trying to show the freshmen how things are done and working with him.

All of the returning sophomores have put in work and gotten stronger and are going hard at workouts and open gyms. Kwamain is at another level, but everyone has improved since last year and there's still plenty of time before the season starts to get even better.

HATE HATE HATE. I'm REALLY excited about this upcoming season.

Came in way late. Said he was telling Willie that he has to "mitigate his lack of strength by getting low and not getting locked in to only turning one shoulder" ala Dwight Howard. Says Cassity is a TREMENDOUS PASSER, better passer than Doc Rivers. But he's gotta be a much better shooter, needs to get in the gym and get the reps like Femi John is. Said Porter Moser was very close to locking up Villanova to come into STL for a game next year.

Anyone catch the first 20 minutes? ;)

Wow, that would be great. Can anybody confirm this? Some interesting news recently. The board has been REALLY great the last couple of days. :)

For those who cannot listen at work, here are a few key comments:

-Mitchell will be the best player next season (little surprise)

-Conklin has worked hard to reduce his body fat a few percentage points

-Reed is making really great progress both on and off the court

-Coach really, really likes Femi John and is thrilled to death at how hard he has worked on his shot

-Cassity is an unbelievable passer, but he needs to work on his shot so that he has opportunities to use his passing

There really weren't whole lot of comments about the new kids coming in this year.

Hopefully the the Villanova home and home is made official

gee would that be as good as a bus trip to Evansville or Northern Iowa in winter? Do we need a church league?

Rick said he is hoping once he gets finished with interview he will have Nova locked up for next year at home.

my sources say villanova emphatically rejected a home and home series. they would be happy to host slu in a buy game but no return game. slu rejected that.

my sources say villanova emphatically rejected a home and home series. they would be happy to host slu in a buy game but no return game. slu rejected that.

That's gangster, I think you play the #4 team in the country any way possible.

I don't think I would have accepted a buy game from Nova either. Their reaction is not surprising. The Big Least doesn't have to play away.

It is somewhat surprising in that Majerus basically said it was done deal when he was on the air with Frank. He said "he was expecting or hoping" for a phone call from Porter Moser as soon as he got off the air to confirm it.

It is somewhat surprising in that Majerus basically said it was done deal when he was on the air with Frank. He said "he was expecting or hoping" for a phone call from Porter Moser as soon as he got off the air to confirm it.

Biondi should get on the phone and talk some serious trash to 'Nova's pres.