ot: here's a surprise, memphis apparently in big trouble

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/...s-basketball-p/

reading between the lines, it appears it is believed that derrick rose's SAT test wasnt on the up and up.

just shocking stuff. i am sure calipari knew nothing.

This has become a pattern with Calipari. He leaves and his former team gets into trouble. UK should have the NCAA on speed dial the day Calipari retires or resigns.

This has become a pattern with Calipari. He leaves and his former team gets into trouble. UK should have the NCAA on speed dial the day Calipari retires or resigns.

Noooo this can't be. JC cheating to land a recruit? Nah....

I hope whatever sanctions he gets follow him to UK and restrict his ability to be successful there. The only way to stop these schools from hiring coaches with baggage is to make the penalties severe when they are caught. Coaches ought to be like schools, when it's your second or third time the penalties become more severe.

Guest BillikenReport

If I remember correctly, one or two of Cal's new blue chip recruits at UK have yet to get the test score they need to be eligible.

Yet you continually bask in the glow of Calipari's cess pool Final Four run at UMass as justification for the greatness of the A-10.

what the hell are you talking about? show me that post. i am the biggest calipari hater in the world and always have been. you have me mixed up with someone else. and i cannot recall ever using anything umass to justify my like of the a-10.

As I recall, Melvin Robinson had trouble spelling DOG if you spotted him the D and the O so not sure what that says about us.

hmmm, i seem to recall you earlier this week inferring you were a billikens fan and not a tiger fan. and now you want to defend a joking shot at the tigers with this. you are so confusing.

hmmm, i seem to recall you earlier this week inferring you were a billikens fan and not a tiger fan. and now you want to defend a joking shot at the tigers with this. you are so confusing.

You sure do get a lot of stuff wrong. I am a Billikens fan. I didn't say I wasn't a Tigers fan. What's there to be confused about? It's too bad your daughter didn't get a scholly from Mizzou's softball team. They're in the World Series.

You sure do get a lot of stuff wrong. I am a Billikens fan. I didn't say I wasn't a Tigers fan. What's there to be confused about? It's too bad your daughter didn't get a scholly from Mizzou's softball team. They're in the World Series.

while my daughter is playing softball in college, she is more concerned with getting the best engineering degree she can get and missouri's engineering school is no where close to rose hulman's.

Give it up fraud. After somebody took a shot at your beloved Mizzou, rather than simply defend them, you responded by taking a shot at SLU. You could have simply defended the honor of your Tigers and left it at that. Your I'm a fan of both programs act hasn't fooled anybody.

She should have gone to Rolla.

do your homework and look up the schools. not even close.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews....lege/items/1830 see the #1 next to the word "rank"?

Give it up fraud. After somebody took a shot at your beloved Mizzou, rather than simply defend them, you responded by taking a shot at SLU. You could have simply defended the honor of your Tigers and left it at that. Your I'm a fan of both programs act hasn't fooled anybody.

It's refreshing that no one besides me pays you any attention(see your worthless Derrek Brown thread for evidence). It just kills you that I'm a bigger Bills fan than you. Deal with it. Have a great summer!

do your homework and look up the schools. not even close.

Those rankings are bogus. At least that's what I hear when SLU is not ranked high enough. And besides she needs to be more concerned with partying. I'm sure Rolla beats them on that account.

It's refreshing that no one besides me pays you any attention(see your worthless Derrek Brown thread for evidence). It just kills you that I'm a bigger Bills fan than you. Deal with it. Have a great summer!

That's what it's all about for you, isn't it Mizzouphan, trying to get "attention". Sorry mommy doesn't love you and you're stuck in her basement. It is amusing watching you flail around and try to convince people you are a SLU fan. :lol:

what the hell are you talking about? show me that post. i am the biggest calipari hater in the world and always have been. you have me mixed up with someone else. and i cannot recall ever using anything umass to justify my like of the a-10.

Hey Roy:

I'm just kind of joking with you somewhat. You have defended the A-10 but I honestly don't know if you ever specifically used that as reason for your defense. However I continually have heard Rammer and particularly Earl Austin cite things like the UMass fraudulent run to the Final Four, Rhode Island's success under Harrick and Temple's Final Eight appearances under John Chaney, who had one of the worst graduation rates in the history of D-1 basketball as "reasons" why we belong in the A-10 and it is so superior to any other alternative.

Don't get me wrong I personally want us in the A-10 over any other current option. But I think it's hypocritical to get on our constant academic high horse and then give three of the worst academic situations/cheating that's been affiliated with the league as reasons why we should be in said league.

Hey Roy:

I'm just kind of joking with you somewhat. You have defended the A-10 but I honestly don't know if you ever specifically used that as reason for your defense. However I continually have heard Rammer and particularly Earl Austin cite things like the UMass fraudulent run to the Final Four, Rhode Island's success under Harrick and Temple's Final Eight appearances under John Chaney, who had one of the worst graduation rates in the history of D-1 basketball as "reasons" why we belong in the A-10 and it is so superior to any other alternative.

Don't get me wrong I personally want us in the A-10 over any other current option. But I think it's hypocritical to get on our constant academic high horse and then give three of the worst academic situations/cheating that's been affiliated with the league as reasons why we should be in said league.

coincidentally, umass, temple and rhode island, all public institutions?

what i like about the a-10 is that the majority (not all) are like private institutions that do care about academics first and athletics second away from the athletics. i am talking about st joes, xaiver, dayton, fordham, st bonnie, duquesne, Lasalle, richmond, george washington. i.e. an overwhelming majority of the conference shares very common beliefs, challenges and goals away from academics that you dont see in very many division one conferences.

coincidentally, umass, temple and rhode island, all public institutions?

what i like about the a-10 is that the majority (not all) are like private institutions that do care about academics first and athletics second away from the athletics. i am talking about st joes, xaiver, dayton, fordham, st bonnie, duquesne, Lasalle, richmond, george washington. i.e. an overwhelming majority of the conference shares very common beliefs, challenges and goals away from academics that you dont see in very many division one conferences.

very good point, never really thought about that.