John Wall Signs...

Guest BillikenReport

If Meeks comes back they will have 17 players on scholarship. Maybe Brad can recruit Harrellson to Lindenwood.

Brad didn't want Harrellson the first time around.

Harrellson will be kept at UK as a practice body.

Well, I only know of 1 coach that does this. Maybe they should call him to do the dirty work. :lol:

Well, Coach Majerus did keep those players for one year. He gave them a shot. Coach Calipari at Kentucky isn't even going to give some players a shot (or they'll be "preferred" walk-ons).

Well, Coach Majerus did keep those players for one year. He gave them a shot. Coach Calipari at Kentucky isn't even going to give some players a shot (or they'll be "preferred" walk-ons).

RM also let them go "early" so that they could enroll at another program. Even though our 4 chose JUCO and D2, they could have gone to another D1. What is Calipari waiting for?

RM also let them go "early" so that they could enroll at another program. Even though our 4 chose JUCO and D2, they could have gone to another D1. What is Calipari waiting for?

Did anyone notice that Wall's mother's last name is Pulley? He graduated from the same school as our infamous Randy Pulley.... wonder if Randy and Wall are step brothers?

Did anyone notice that Wall's mother's last name is Pulley? He graduated from the same school as our infamous Randy Pulley.... wonder if Randy and Wall are step brothers?

Calling it a "school" is generous. It's a shell set up for a basketball program, just like the fly-by-night operation that screwed over Willie out in KC.

Calling it a "school" is generous. It's a shell set up for a basketball program, just like the fly-by-night operation that screwed over Willie out in KC.

A Nashville radio station called UK and Calipari unethical because he's going to have to trim his scholie count by 4. I don't know enough about their squad to know if JH will be one of them. But in any event, he ain't gonna get a lot of court time even if he's lucky enough to stay. Doubtful JH if forced to leave or transfer will try a D2 school. Wasn't his reason for wanting out of WI that it wasn't big time enough for his talents and that was D1. Gonna be interesting to see where he finally does end up. Right now UK's got to be a consensus #1. Calipari's an amazing recruiter.

Does anyone know if Strickland was correct when he went public with his story that RM had told our guys they would not be back the following year. Going on memory alone, but I believe Strickland reported this over the Christmas break but then that the 4 kids apparently were shocked to learn their fate that Spring - after the season. Does anyone know if RM talked with any of the 4 at the end of that first semester and possibly said something like "while not official and while things could change, I don't see a future and you might want to start looking..." or did he wait until after the season. I know RM had a different conversation with DM prior to his agreeing to redshirt which caused DM to believe his scholarship would be safe. Also, believe MR may have been a little different than the others in that he may have agreed to leave on his own.

My point: RM, like Calipari, was recruiting more kids (verbals from KC and RC) than he had available scholarships but unlike Calipari, RM told his players at the end of the season when the kids could still go elsewhere and may have told them an entire semester earlier.

Right now UK's got to be a consensus #1. Calipari's an amazing recruiter.

I dont know about consensus #1. There are plenty of people who would say KU should be #1 with all of their meaningful players returning, their great freshman going through their first year already and after adding who some say is the #1 player in this class Xavier Henry.

I dont know about consensus #1. There are plenty of people who would say KU should be #1 with all of their meaningful players returning, their great freshman going through their first year already and after adding who some say is the #1 player in this class Xavier Henry.

plus they have the best walkons in america year after year.

A friend of mine who knows the Harrelson family told me today that right after Calipari was hired that Calipari told Josh to begin looking elsewhere so it doesn't look like JH will be back at KY. Not that this is shocking info in that Calipari now has 17 guys for 13 scholarships but it does give insight as to Calipari's ethics. Like the move of cutting a kid or not, Calipari at least gave notice as much notice as possible several weeks ago when he was first hired and he has not been out recruiting other kids without first informing JH. If JH was told this weeks ago, then I would presume the other 3 were also told. Doesn't make Calipari's decions "right", "good", "proper" or "ethical" but it does start to see that it is the way things are now being done in college basetball.

Let's give the kids some credit as well --- if your coach is replaced and this is the guy you signed with and took promises from, including the fact that you liked his style of play and it fit with your self-perception of your individual talents, you've got to have one of those "oh ######" moments when the shoe falls. I cant' say I really know much about Billy Gillespie's style of play but I would think it isn't the same as John Calipari's given Billy's time at Texas A&M and then Kentucky. Calipari has has a history of mobile, agile, aggressive and athletic big men and I don't say "Josh Harrelson" when I think of that kind of roster.

I see Josh more like Big County Reeves, and Zyrunas Illgauskas and Mark McNamara and Chris Heinrich and Melvin Robinson. Slow. Immobile. A plugger and not a thoroughbred. Is there a use for such a guy in college and the NBA? Absolutely. Is there a use for such a guy in the Billy Gillespie system? I say yes, he recurite dhim. In the John Calipari system? On first blush, I say no. So Josh hits the road. I can't condemn Calipari for this; I think its the fair way to go and know down right well RM did it. Calipari has no interest in the education game and has never been on record as saying so. He is using the system to fit his needs, and the potential needs of a few gifted athletes --- -that is all. They all do. If they don't the first thing that goes is their job and what Cal getting from UK? A gazillion, milllion bucks a year. Who do your protect first there? Yeah, nubmer one baby and that's me, myself and I.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Let's give the kids some credit as well --- if your coach is replaced and this is the guy you signed with and took promises from, including the fact that you liked his style of play and it fit with your self-perception of your individual talents, you've got to have one of those "oh ######" moments when the shoe falls. I cant' say I really know much about Billy Gillespie's style of play but I would think it isn't the same as John Calipari's given Billy's time at Texas A&M and then Kentucky. Calipari has has a history of mobile, agile, aggressive and athletic big men and I don't say "Josh Harrelson" when I think of that kind of roster.

I see Josh more like Big County Reeves, and Zyrunas Illgauskas and Mark McNamara and Chris Heinrich and Melvin Robinson. Slow. Immobile. A plugger and not a thoroughbred. Is there a use for such a guy in college and the NBA? Absolutely. Is there a use for such a guy in the Billy Gillespie system? I say yes, he recurite dhim. In the John Calipari system? On first blush, I say no. So Josh hits the road. I can't condemn Calipari for this; I think its the fair way to go and know down right well RM did it. Calipari has no interest in the education game and has never been on record as saying so. He is using the system to fit his needs, and the potential needs of a few gifted athletes --- -that is all. They all do. If they don't the first thing that goes is their job and what Cal getting from UK? A gazillion, milllion bucks a year. Who do your protect first there? Yeah, nubmer one baby and that's me, myself and I.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Guess there was a time when a head coach had a "honeymoon" period with his new team: take a few years to implement his offense/defense, recruit his type of players, etc. With Gillespie at UK, he lasted a few days short of 2 years. Yes, his teams had some embarassing losses and some mediocre seasons (poor by UK standards) but he had 2 highly touted recruiting classes. Also, his predecessor ("10 Loss Tubby" did not exactly leave top level talent. In essence, UK did not wait and Gillespie was not given much time. Knowing that a prior decent named coach was fired after only 2 years despite his recruiting efforts, in all fairness to Calipari, Calipari has no choice but to cut JH and at least 3 others to bring his own guys in right now. Right or wrong, believe this will be even more common. Not really that huge of a problem for these 4 UK players if this is their only change. Because of JH's past, though, appears quite devastating for JH.

Guest BillikenReport

Knowing that a prior decent named coach was fired after only 2 years despite his recruiting efforts, in all fairness to Calipari, Calipari has no choice but to cut JH and at least 3 others to bring his own guys in right now. Right or wrong, believe this will be even more common. Not really that huge of a problem for these 4 UK players if this is their only change. Because of JH's past, though, appears quite devastating for JH.

Harrellson isn't going anywhere.