miller to Arizona

lefty

Good. See ya.

Let's be honest; we need X to remain strong even if it means they hand us our ass every year. Without a strong Xavier, the A-10 is akin to the Horizon League or the Missouri Valley. Without a top #25 Xavier there is little chance to get a resume buidling win once the conference season starts.

Let's be honest; we need X to remain strong even if it means they hand us our ass every year. Without a strong Xavier, the A-10 is akin to the Horizon League or the Missouri Valley. Without a top #25 Xavier there is little chance to get a resume buidling win once the conference season starts.

How about we become the next X instead?

i agree with drew. xu has shown the ability to find the right guy and maintain, but who knows when they make a wrong move. always better to maintain the same guy at the top if they can hold on to him.

i agree with drew. xu has shown the ability to find the right guy and maintain, but who knows when they make a wrong move. always better to maintain the same guy at the top if they can hold on to him.

-i agree that currently X provides a great amount of credibility to our conf and having them as a top 25 program is good for all of us in the a10

-hopefully we will be that program in the future, or in tandem with them or others

-i wonder how much additional money the "sleeping on it" got miller from az???

-xfactor or other x poster...who's next?

I'm tired of people on here looking up to X. F them. We should seize this opportunity to become the leader in the A10. Hopefully X will take a step back while we take a step forward.

Its not about "looking up" to X. I have every faith we can become the next X or Gonzaga, but it doesn't do the league or SLU any good for Xavier to fall-off.

Let's say we do get our program to the level Xavier has enjoyed; wouldn't our success be viewed in a better light if we had to overcome a strong Xavier team to reach that level? Better programs = better conference rpi= more teams in the dance

Xavier will be fine. They have been very very good for more than twenty years now.

They can go a couple routes, promote from within, I don't know if Mack is ready and he may turn out to be their Chris Lowery. Hire an up and comer, Ron Everhart maybe??? I don't think they would want to make a Majerus like move. Thye are an attractive hire, if you can coach your way out of a paper bag next years team is a top ten final four contender.

Xavier will be fine. They have been very very good for more than twenty years now.

They can go a couple routes, promote from within, I don't know if Mack is ready and he may turn out to be their Chris Lowery. Hire an up and comer, Ron Everhart maybe??? I don't think they would want to make a Majerus like move. Thye are an attractive hire, if you can coach your way out of a paper bag next years team is a top ten final four contender.

I agree with all, but they need to do something quickly. If they let it drag on a few weeks, theres a better chance of someone getting in the current players' ears.

I'm tired of people on here looking up to X. F them. We should seize this opportunity to become the leader in the A10. Hopefully X will take a step back while we take a step forward.

posty, this has nothing to do with looking up to xu. this is about wanting the conference to not take a step back. if the a-10 wants to move up and challenge the bcs conferences, the a-10 needs the likes of slu, umass, temple, dayton, richmond, duquesne, etc to move up to the level of xu, not xu come down to us.

surely you can understand that.

Not quite sure who the replacement is honestly. It Could be Chris Mack, or someone else. Of course the more worrisome fallout is potential transfers and the like. Obviously the replacement is crucial in that regard.

It's an alarming situation however. The UK contract fallout has begin in my opinion. X offered clost to 2 million per season to keep him. Arizona reportedly gave him 18 mil over five years. That's more than most of the A-10 can afford. If Cal is worth 5 mil per year and Miller 3 mil per year without a national title, what's a guy like Izzo worth.

Today was not a good day for College Basketball or conferences like the A-10.

posty, this has nothing to do with looking up to xu. this is about wanting the conference to not take a step back. if the a-10 wants to move up and challenge the bcs conferences, the a-10 needs the likes of slu, umass, temple, dayton, richmond, duquesne, etc to move up to the level of xu, not xu come down to us.

surely you can understand that.

I get that Roy but X should be our hated rival. We shouldn't be talking on this board about how bad we feel for them, etc, etc. People look up to X like they're our cool, older brother. We should wish bad things for them. So what if they're down for a while. As long as we take care of our business, that's all that counts.

I get that Roy but X should be our hated rival. We shouldn't be talking on this board about how bad we feel for them, etc, etc. People look up to X like they're our cool, older brother. We should wish bad things for them. So what if they're down for a while. As long as we take care of our business, that's all that counts.

i dont see anyone saying that. i think all of us are thinking about the atlantic 10 effect.

I understand what you are saying but the comments made are more for looking out for the conference which helps us. You are absolutely right that we need to step up and be the player in this conference but it helps us all the more if the conference grows in strength.

These guys would rather see MU lose their coach than XU.

X already lost a commitment from a 2010 kid:

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect...mp;pr_key=69532

-is this a dead recruiting period?? by this i mean schools cannot initiate contact with recruits until later in the week, i believe in deference to the final 4

-are these coaches going to new schools able to contact recruits at this time and be in compliance?

Guest BillikenReport

-is this a dead recruiting period?? by this i mean schools cannot initiate contact with recruits until later in the week, i believe in deference to the final 4

-are these coaches going to new schools able to contact recruits at this time and be in compliance?

I think this is a dead period. The coaches going to new schools have to play by the same rules as everybody else.

These guys would rather see MU lose their coach than XU.

Why wouldn't we. XU's situation directly affects the health of the A-10. The health of the A-10 directly affects the health of SLU. Mizzou having a good program in no way helps SLU's conference or SLU's program. In fact, you can make a case that a strong Mizzou hurts SLU. So this should be more important to all SLU fans than the Mizzou coaching situation.

Not quite sure who the replacement is honestly. It Could be Chris Mack, or someone else. Of course the more worrisome fallout is potential transfers and the like. Obviously the replacement is crucial in that regard.

It's an alarming situation however. The UK contract fallout has begin in my opinion. X offered clost to 2 million per season to keep him. Arizona reportedly gave him 18 mil over five years. That's more than most of the A-10 can afford. If Cal is worth 5 mil per year and Miller 3 mil per year without a national title, what's a guy like Izzo worth.

Your numbers are off a little bit, short a couple of years, less per year than that but still a lot good money. Same was erroneously reported for Calipari at first...until the numbers showed it was more years and less per year, but still a lot of money.

You may have X fatigue, but the solution isn't a worse X. The solution is a better SLU. SLU can be a lot better while X still stays strong, and it is a win win for SLU and the league. You don't want X to get worse, because all it does is lessen the league exposure and stature.

You guys should make a run at Ken McDonald. The guy is the best thing going at the mid-major level. He has a proven record as a recruiter as an assistant and the job he did at WKU this season was great. That team lost Lee and their other top scorer from the sweet 16 team the year before. He turned what should have been a rebuilding year into a trip to the second round of the NCAA in his first year there.