Home crowd worth 10 tonite

The Wiz

Did anyone notice those six or so roudy Dayton fans sitting at half-court opposite the benches. Were they in Biondi's seats? By the way, the students singing The Bills Go Marching In is reminiscent of the 60's. All we need are the trumpeteers marching around Chaifetz.

Papal, you are absolutely right about the Trumpeteers walking around the building. That was a symbol of Billiken basketball way back in the good times. Loved the one game this year when part of the Horn section moved over to about section 210 and played. One problem with the roaming Trumpeteers-I don't know if there is a way to circle the arena at Chaifetz, but they should be able to come up with a solution. I just wonder if anyone associated with the Band is even aware of the old "roaming Trumpeteers" tradition, and how much energy that gave to the crowd.

Besides the singing of the students, I loved the OVERRATED chant near the end of the game. Take that Flyers!

There were several fights in Section 115 in front of us. Something you rarely see at a Billiken game. Conflict between Billiken and Flyer fans. That is a shame really. Not sure which side initiated the disturbance but security came at least twice. On incident was a very drunk UD fan giving people grief. They were not inclined to take it. Maybe too much Mardi Gras.

half the ppl at the game were probably just drunk...Mardi Gras was a blast this year

I can't stand the overrated chant. It belittles your team to say that someone was overrated because you are beating them.

i also agree. why would we want to say that a team we are beating is over rated? we should want to say, "hey we just beat a high ranked team and thus we must be good too then."

For the 1st time I can remember I thought the crowd was great. Everyone in the building up for the last minute, I wish it was last 3, but last 1 is certainly an improvement. The crowd was loud most of the 2nd half and alot of the game. It was a great atmosphere and I had a blast.

I wish we could revamp the old tradition where no one sat until SLU scored, and start a new one where everyone stands the last 3 or 5 minutes of every game regardless of the score.

For the 1st time I can remember I thought the crowd was great. Everyone in the building up for the last minute, I wish it was last 3, but last 1 is certainly an improvement. The crowd was loud most of the 2nd half and alot of the game. It was a great atmosphere and I had a blast.

I wish we could revamp the old tradition where no one sat until SLU scored, and start a new one where everyone stands the last 3 or 5 minutes of every game regardless of the score.

The need a quicker score. Most of us older people can't stand that long with our bad knees. WE would like to but just can't stay up as long as they are taking now. :rolleyes:

What happened to the predictions that the students would not turn out b/c of Mardi Gras and the parade? We had more students show up than I recall in years (though they showed up well also for the St. Joe game). Our first sellout of the year/ever at Chaveitz. We not only had more students but more alums/old people/people of all ages...

Maybe the Athletic Department should NOTworry about scheduling around the Mardi Gras parade, a competing Blues games which also was sold out, the bad economy....

What happened to the predictions that the students would not turn out b/c of Mardi Gras and the parade? We had more students show up than I recall in years (though they showed up well also for the St. Joe game). Our first sellout of the year/ever at Chaveitz. We not only had more students but more alums/old people/people of all ages...

Maybe the Athletic Department should NOTworry about scheduling around the Mardi Gras parade, a competing Blues games which also was sold out, the bad economy....

Saturday night was a busy night in St. Louis. You had the parade and Mardi Gras celebration going on in Soulard, the Blues playing at Scottrade, and the Monster trucks at the Edward Jones Dome and from the sounds of it there were great crowds at all of them. Great night in St. Louis. I couldn't tell you much about the game other than we won, but it was certainly a blast.