Kevin Lisch Buzzer Beater #9 on SC Top 10

Sportscenter is about to go to the top plays of the weekend after these commercials I think.

Edit: Just kidding...KL didn't make the top 10 anymore.

Guess it's easier to get a picture on Sportscenter than on the front page of our sports page :blink:

Great and great game Bills!! Our time will come.

Sportscenter is about to go to the top plays of the weekend after these commercials I think.

Edit: Just kidding...KL didn't make the top 10 anymore.

the highlights of the game and lisch being #9 on the top ten at 6:20 am this morning yet.

Guess it's easier to get a picture on Sportscenter than on the front page of our sports page :blink:

Great and great game Bills!! Our time will come.

Same thought occurred to me - IL gets the top headline and 3 pictures from their game with MO getting a picture to go along with their article about the upcoming game with Kansas. Some how we get no picture, small headline, and TT even gets the score of the Richmond game in StL wrong. At least those who saw the game know how great it was.

what is sad, is that i bet you ask the post decision makers you will get the standard "no one cares about slu" answer.

yet i was at two functions yesterday late afternoon and evening and at both, all anyone wanted to talk about and claimed to watch was the billikens. no illini talkers. and i was in the midst of illini country believe me.

the post screwed up (again) on this one.

i will say that frank and renee knot led with the billikens on sports plus last night though.

Guest BillikenReport

Same thought occurred to me - IL gets the top headline and 3 pictures from their game with MO getting a picture to go along with their article about the upcoming game with Kansas. Some how we get no picture, small headline, and TT even gets the score of the Richmond game in StL wrong. At least those who saw the game know how great it was.

The Associated Press didn't shoot the game, which would explain not having a picture in the paper.

There was a staff photographer at the Illinois game, so they would obviously use pictures from that one.

The Associated Press didn't shoot the game, which would explain not having a picture in the paper.

There was a staff photographer at the Illinois game, so they would obviously use pictures from that one.

nate, i pretty much only buy the post now if i know my daughter's high school team has an article in the paper to add to the scrapbook, so i didnt buy the paper today. so i am not privy to the "look and layout" today.

are you saying that the billikens didnt have a picture but we were on the front page with an article? i.e. i can buy the reason for no picture, but if the story wasnt on the front page of the sports section, that was a horrible decision.

Guest BillikenReport

are you saying that the billikens didnt have a picture but we were on the front page with an article? i.e. i can buy the reason for no picture, but if the story wasnt on the front page of the sports section, that was a horrible decision.

I haven't seen the front page of the paper. I was just pointing out that the AP didn't shoot the game, which would make it tough to have a photo.

nate, i pretty much only buy the post now if i know my daughter's high school team has an article in the paper to add to the scrapbook, so i didnt buy the paper today. so i am not privy to the "look and layout" today.

The story was on the front page of sports, above the fold. It was played exactly as it should have been -- and Nate's explanation of why there isn't a picture is accurate, and reflects simple economics.

The story was on the front page of sports, above the fold. It was played exactly as it should have been -- and Nate's explanation of why there isn't a picture is accurate, and reflects simple economics.

i have no problem then with the way it played out. cant ask for more than that imo.

Bad news folks. Lisch got removed from the Top 10. I just watched the entire 11am eastern sportscenter and the buzzer beater was nowhere to be found.

Not sure what everyone else saw but if you can, post the video.

The 11am SC did the top ten plays of the weekend. Since KL's 3 was number 9 for yesterday coughbullshitcough he wouldn't have made it on the weekends top plays.

No matter; it's top 10 Billiken all time.

that is your opinion but I have to disagree. a top 10 alltime win should have a combination of at least two of the following three items.

1. a win over a big time opponent (see marquee over #2 louisville)

2. a big win in a "win or go home" type scenario, i.e. NCAA tournament or, given it is SLU, the NIT (see Drejaj).

3. incredible individual effort that really jumps off the page (see larry hughes era or for davidson, see stephen curry.)

lisch covered number 3 but the other two points were absent. a great game and fantastic effort by the entire team though. big time win and one of the few exciting wins we've had in the past couple of years.

that is your opinion but I have to disagree. a top 10 alltime win should have a combination of at least two of the following three items.

2. a big win in a "win or go home" type scenario, i.e. NCAA tournament or, given it is SLU, the NIT (see Drejaj).

3. incredible individual effort that really jumps off the page (see larry hughes era or for davidson, see stephen curry.)

lisch covered number 3 but the other two points were absent. a great game and fantastic effort by the entire team though. big time win and one of the few exciting wins we've had in the past couple of years.

How many games do we have that fit even 2 of those 3 critera?

How many games do we have that fit even 2 of those 3 critera?

do you really consider a win over a sub 500 team a top 10 win all time? its a great win but lets drop the pipe and look at this rationally. we've been playing basketball for a long time at slu. i'm sure we have games that meet this criterea. without doing any research, here are a few off the top of my head.

1. marquee over louisville

2. slu beating iowa in the NIT

3. SLU beating UC and making the run to make the 2000 tourny

4. slu marquette game a few years back where we had to phsyically hold back students from rushing the court

do you really consider a win over a sub 500 team a top 10 win all time? its a great win but lets drop the pipe and look at this rationally. we've been playing basketball for a long time at slu. i'm sure we have games that meet this criterea. without doing any research, here are a few off the top of my head.

1. marquee over louisville

2. slu beating iowa in the NIT

3. SLU beating UC and making the run to make the 2000 tourny

4. slu marquette game a few years back where we had to phsyically hold back students from rushing the court

Good list.

I would add beating #1 Kansas in Spoons last year.

The Richmond game was important because it went into 3 OTs, something that never happened before. Heck, we beat Richmond last year in Richmond and no one remembers that <_<

RB, Major Majerus was talking about the one play (Lisch's buzzer-beating three at the end of 2OT), not the whole game.