Good Evening Billiken Fans

Iggy

I don't know who this guy was, but he did ZERO to get the crowd in the game. Pretty boring.

I will take Holder's style over a guy making an ass out of himself everytime. The thing about Holder is most local sports fans know who he is and they respect him. The same can't be said about Guy.

I will take Holder's style over a guy making an ass out of himself everytime. The thing about Holder is most local sports fans know who he is and they respect him. The same can't be said about Guy.

Okay, I'll bite: Who is Holder? I assume he has something to do with the Rams. Is he a sports talk guy, too? Everyone around me was asking where Guy was. I do remember someone mentioning the Rams and the PA guy last night, but I do not remember what was said.

And, in the last 10 years, I have probably been to three Rams' games. Not a big fan of football played in a multi-purpose building.

Okay, I'll bite: Who is Holder? I assume he has something to do with the Rams. Is he a sports talk guy, too? Everyone around me was asking where Guy was. I do remember someone mentioning the Rams and the PA guy last night, but I do not remember what was said.

And, in the last 10 years, I have probably been to three Rams' games. Not a big fan of football played in a multi-purpose building.

Former Sports Open Line host and current Rams PA anouncer. Everybody around me was happy Guy wasn't there. You must sit in the eight person Guy Phillips fan club section.

Former Sports Open Line host and current Rams PA anouncer. Everybody around me was happy Guy wasn't there. You must sit in the eight person Guy Phillips fan club section.

That, or everyone around you is so sick of hearing you complain about Guy that they just agree with you now. :unsure:

If the Blue Crew/student section does their job with gusto, you don't need to worry about the announcer and what he/she does or doesn't do.

I give a 2 thumbs up to the Blue Crew/student section for last nights effort.

And 4 thumbs up to Kyle Cassity and his touch pass Barry E.

And 2 thumbs up to the official for not calling a T on Rick M for being a quarter of the way on the court trying to get that goal-tending call. Should have been called but was overlooked by the officials.

If the Blue Crew/student section does their job with gusto, you don't need to worry about the announcer and what he/she does or doesn't do.

And 2 thumbs up to the official for not calling a T on Rick M for being a quarter of the way on the court trying to get that goal-tending call. Should have been called but was overlooked by the officials.

Agree with most of your thumbs except the last two. What should have been called IMMEDIATELY by that sorry @$$ trio of refs was goaltending-there should have been no reason for Rick to have had a need to get out to point that fact out to them. Watching the replay the call was obvious. Speaking of the replay and those refs, the film doesn't lie---they were awful!!! (This includes a couple of calls that went our way that shouldn't have.)

Exactly, you don't need a PA guy to get the crowd into the game. The big problem with Guy is he becomes a distraction to the game with his corrections, his lack of knowledge of whats going on, and his mispronunciations of schools and players names.

Most of us (student section) were good and loud last night but everytime I turned my head to look at the upper parts there were no mouths moving! The casual student fans are ALMOST as bad as the casual non student fans.

Most of us (student section) were good and loud last night but everytime I turned my head to look at the upper parts there were no mouths moving! The casual student fans are ALMOST as bad as the casual non student fans.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

you could have one of the Jesuits do the job that Holder did..........

I am not necessarily a Guy Phillips fan, but its obvious he is trying to his game to a new level in the new arena.....its too bad he has to "guilt" our fans into getting off their butts at the beginning of the game.

If we replace Guy, please do it with someone other than Holder

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

you could have one of the Jesuits do the job that Holder did..........

I am not necessarily a Guy Phillips fan, but its obvious he is trying to his game to a new level in the new arena.....its too bad he has to "guilt" our fans into getting off their butts at the beginning of the game.

If we replace Guy, please do it with someone other than Holder

I thought Holder did a decent job, which is all you need from a PA guy. I can't think of other places where the PA guy tries to make it his own show, like Guy does. Fans don't want an obnoxious PA guy telling them what to do; it comes off as bush league when he tries to pump people up. A good product on the floor and good attendance in the new arena will help build a good atmosphere, and we'll get there.

It's one of those jobs where if you don't notice him, he's doing well. It was Holder's first time doing it, and he had 2 'corrections' that I can remember, which is a lot less than Guy has each game even though he's been doing it for years.

I hope the rest of you season ticket holders out there who got an online survey from SLU's athletic department last week used the opportunity to voice an opinion about the PA announcer- there were a few questions to rate him. I gave Guy the lowest score possible and said he's the worst of anyone I've heard in any arena I've been to.

I thought Holder did a decent job, which is all you need from a PA guy. I can't think of other places where the PA guy tries to make it his own show, like Guy does. Fans don't want an obnoxious PA guy telling them what to do; it comes off as bush league when he tries to pump people up. A good product on the floor and good attendance in the new arena will help build a good atmosphere, and we'll get there.

It's one of those jobs where if you don't notice him, he's doing well. It was Holder's first time doing it, and he had 2 'corrections' that I can remember, which is a lot less than Guy has each game even though he's been doing it for years.

I hope the rest of you season ticket holders out there who got an online survey from SLU's athletic department last week used the opportunity to voice an opinion about the PA announcer- there were a few questions to rate him. I gave Guy the lowest score possible and said he's the worst of anyone I've heard in any arena I've been to.

I agree, I don't mind a "Lets get on our feet" or something of the sort when the situation call for it, but I don't want a color man either. I want the facts, who's in, who's out, who the foul was on etc ...

I was very candid when rating GP performance as PA announcer.....a change is neccessary. In addition, it would be nice if the scoreboard operator could keep up with the changes on the floor. I'm tired of looking at the wrong 5-person line-up on the corner screens.

I was very candid when rating GP performance as PA announcer.....a change is neccessary. In addition, it would be nice if the scoreboard operator could keep up with the changes on the floor. I'm tired of looking at the wrong 5-person line-up on the corner screens.

I've got to give them credit for last the GW game. I was trying to pay pretty close attention and did not see it wrong once. (the scoreboard)

Guy is much better than Holder. He has way more enthusiasm and is better at getting the crowd into. Who cares if he makes a few mistakes a game. I'm watching the game and I know whats going on.

I for one do not want the PA announcer to think he is a personality there to inject himself into the game or otherwise entertain the audience. I want a professional who will do his job. It's about the team on the court.

I posted this a couple weeks ago when people were unjustly going after the scoreboard and shot clock guys for this, but the scoreboard operator does not do the lineup changes or points/fouls for each player. The official scoreboard operator only handles the clock, team points, team fouls, time outs remaining, and horn.

There is a separate person who does lineups, and whoever it is hasn't been very good this year.

I posted this a couple weeks ago when people were unjustly going after the scoreboard and shot clock guys for this, but the scoreboard operator does not do the lineup changes or points/fouls for each player. The official scoreboard operator only handles the clock, team points, team fouls, time outs remaining, and horn.

There is a separate person who does lineups, and whoever it is hasn't been very good this year.

I don't thibk anyone is going after any specific person. The names and stats are on the scoreboard, someone is responsible for keeping it correct. That person is operating that portion of the scoreboard, hence scoreboard operator. I think it was made clear it was the names, numbers, and stats that were frequently incorrect.

I don't thibk anyone is going after any specific person. The names and stats are on the scoreboard, someone is responsible for keeping it correct. That person is operating that portion of the scoreboard, hence scoreboard operator. I think it was made clear it was the names, numbers, and stats that were frequently incorrect.

I don't think it was made clear that it is a different person from the official scoreboard operator. I know the guys that run it and they get tired of people criticizing them for something that they're not even doing.

I've got to give them credit for last the GW game. I was trying to pay pretty close attention and did not see it wrong once. (the scoreboard)

I would agree it was better than it had been....I only noticed one mistake when PE was in the game and his name wasn't on the board.