Will Mizzou ever win another Bragin Rights Game

brianstl

Yes, the tigers won 1 and lost 1 against Nebraska.

Here's your multiple choice question:

For Mizzou to resume its series with SLU, which of the following would be most appealing to Mizzou?

a. Home and home, first game in Columbia, second game at SLU's Chaifetz Arena (the reason for the first game in Columbia is the last meeting was a SLU home game at the now Scottrade Center);

b. Three game series, each team gets a home game, one in Columbia, one at Chaifetz Arena, the third game will be played at Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis;

c. Three game series, each team gets a home game, one in Columbia, one at Chaifetz Arena, the third game will be played at Scottrade Center in St. Louis;

d. Home and home, first game in Columbia, second game at Scottrade Center, with the game being a SLU home game, with SLU in charge of the game, including ticket distribution;

e. None of the above (with Duck Season continuing in Boone County, Missouri).

By its actions, Mizzou is voting e.

If you take e out as one of the answers, then how does Mizzou vote, with abstaining not being an option?

And in advance, playing 2 in Columbia and 1 in St. Louis is not an option.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For Mizzou to resume its series with SLU, which of the following would be most appealing to Mizzou?

a. Home and home, first game in Columbia, second game at SLU's Chaifetz Arena (the reason for the first game in Columbia is the last meeting was a SLU home game at the now Scottrade Center);

b. Three game series, each team gets a home game, one in Columbia, one at Chaifetz Arena, the third game will be played at Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis;

c. Three game series, each team gets a home game, one in Columbia, one at Chaifetz Arena, the third game will be played at Scottrade Center in St. Louis;

d. Home and home, first game in Columbia, second game at Scottrade Center, with the game being a SLU home game, with SLU in charge of the game, including ticket distribution;

If you take e out as one of the answers, then how does Mizzou vote, with abstaining not being an option?

Really who cares what this idiot thinks. We are all making his day by replying to him.

The Tiger won't be playing us anytime soon, because their biggest boosters don't want to play us. It is not going to happen and so we should all quit bitching about it.

Really who cares what this idiot thinks. We are all making his day by replying to him.

The Tiger won't be playing us anytime soon, because their biggest boosters don't want to play us. It is not going to happen and so we should all quit bitching about it.

Well, I'd at least like to know if SLU would accept playing its home game at Scottrade Center, not that I favor that by any means, but would SLU accept that if SLU controlled the tickets?

Even then it seems that this game will not be played, at least until SLU is an NCAA team again and a true threat to Mizzou.

Playing 2 in Columbia for 1 at SLU is unacceptable to SLU IMO. SLU should only consider something like that if it involves the high elite, well beyond Mizzou even now, and even then I would think long and hard about going for something like that.

Also, note how coy Mike Anderson was in today's press conference. He is reportedly on Alabama's list. His tenure in Columbia may be very short lived.

See, you're trying to make the rules and you don't hold the bargaining power. It's really not hard to understand. You need the game to try and piggy back on Mizzou. Mizzou doesn't need you. My post a while back that the board ignored and quickly pushed off the page referenced Forbes Magazines's article showing Missouri as the 12th most profitable NCAA basketball program in the country. The greater part of the state of Missouri doesn't really care what SLU's up to. Mizzou has fans from SL to Joplin to KC to the Iowa border. I know it frustrates you but SLU is not the center of the state's basketball universe. You're a mid-major program trying to move up and Mizzou is under no obligation to help you.

Well, I'd at least like to know if SLU would accept playing its home game at Scottrade Center, not that I favor that by any means, but would SLU accept that if SLU controlled the tickets?

Even then it seems that this game will not be played, at least until SLU is an NCAA team again and a true threat to Mizzou.

Playing 2 in Columbia for 1 at SLU is unacceptable to SLU IMO. SLU should only consider something like that if it involves the high elite, well beyond Mizzou even now, and even then I would think long and hard about going for something like that.

Also, note how coy Mike Anderson was in today's press conference. He is reportedly on Alabama's list. His tenure in Columbia may be very short lived.

Good to see you keeping close tabs on Mizzou. Possible convert? :) Mike Anderson could most certainly leave and if Missouri couldn't find a coach with a similar style, it would be a major setback - especially with a couple of very good recruits coming in next year which won't be so hot anyway. However, he has gotten Missouri back in the limelight in a good way so attracting a good coach won't be as difficult. If Alabama offers the reported $2 Million, he's most likely gone since Mizzou's best number is supposedly $1.5 MM. But no need to worry about that now. I'm sure a new contract proposal is underway whether it's good enough or not. Besides we're 30-6 in the Sweet 16 with another tough game Thursday. Football won 10 games, Wrestling just finished 7th in the country. Baseball just took 2 out of 3 from 3rd ranked Texas A&M. Womens Softball and Gymnastics are both ranked in the top 25. It's a great time to be a Tiger!!

Good to see you keeping close tabs on Mizzou. Possible convert? :) Mike Anderson could most certainly leave and if Missouri couldn't find a coach with a similar style, it would be a major setback - especially with a couple of very good recruits coming in next year which won't be so hot anyway. However, he has gotten Missouri back in the limelight in a good way so attracting a good coach won't be as difficult. If Alabama offers the reported $2 Million, he's most likely gone since Mizzou's best number is supposedly $1.5 MM. But no need to worry about that now. I'm sure a new contract proposal is underway whether it's good enough or not. Besides we're 30-6 in the Sweet 16 with another tough game Thursday. Football won 10 games, Wrestling just finished 7th in the country. Baseball just took 2 out of 3 from 3rd ranked Texas A&M. Womens Softball and Gymnastics are both ranked in the top 25. It's a great time to be a Tiger!!

women's softball and gymnastics?!?! haha! Seriously, do you think the fans of Illinois or Kansas, your so-called rivals, would have to worry about losing their coach to Alabama? Of course not. No doubt the Tigers are having a nice season, but the reality is your program is not as great as you and your fellow Billiken board visitors try to convince us that it is. Now with that, good luck against Memphis. I hope the Tigers win - the Missouri Tigers that is.

women's softball and gymnastics?!?! haha! Seriously, do you think the fans of Illinois or Kansas, your so-called rivals, would have to worry about losing their coach to Alabama? Of course not. No doubt the Tigers are having a nice season, but the reality is your program is not as great as you and your fellow Billiken board visitors try to convince us that it is. Now with that, good luck against Memphis. I hope the Tigers win - the Missouri Tigers that is.

Is there really a bad job in the SEC?

seriously? is that a question?

I wouldn't say convert is the right word. But I rooted for Mizzou, among other teams, including SLU, as a youth, and I have a couple of cousins, and even a friend out here, that went to Mizzou. I didn't like the way Norm Stewart ducked SLU all those years, although my Mom played against Norm's sister in high school basketball, and later on the same team. I heard from my Mom and Uncle about Norm's exploits at Shelbyville, so he couldn't be all bad, could he be? Quin Snyder? Suffice it to say that Mike Anderson has done an impressive job at Mizzou. Since he came from UAB, we had hoped he wouldn't be afraid to play SLU. Oh well.

As for keeping close tabs, it's more like I stumbled upon or ran into the info on the STL P-D's website while looking for the daily info on the Cardinals.

I thought it was interesting the way the Marquette fans were all up in arms at Mike Anderson yesterday in Boise.

Well, Illinois did lose a coach (Bill Self) to Kansas, and Kansas lost a coach (Roy Williams) to North Carolina. And any program could be subject to losing a coach to the NBA. Your argument here doesn't really hold water.

It's okay to hate Missouri or any other program you choose to hate; I just ask that people realize they're making a choice and stop trying to fabricate and/or reveal every possible rationale to do so. Maybe if people would be more straightforward about their chosen biases and eliminate the "pissing" contests, we wouldn't have as many people counterattacking.

Well, Illinois did lose a coach (Bill Self) to Kansas, and Kansas lost a coach (Roy Williams) to North Carolina. And any program could be subject to losing a coach to the NBA. Your argument here doesn't really hold water.

It's okay to hate Missouri or any other program you choose to hate; I just ask that people realize they're making a choice and stop trying to fabricate and/or reveal every possible rationale to do so. Maybe if people would be more straightforward about their chosen biases and eliminate the "pissing" contests, we wouldn't have as many people counterattacking.

Norm Steward punched my uncle in grade school. typical of classless mizzou jerks.

I find it interesting that billiken fans on this board keep saying Anderson is going to leave Mizzou. It is almost like you are willing it to happen. You are doing the secret. I have yet to hear 1 Mizzou fan say "I sure hope that Rickma leaves SLU".

Roy, found those Bill bashing posts yet or should we just assume you are a liar.

I find it interesting that billiken fans on this board keep saying Anderson is going to leave Mizzou. It is almost like you are willing it to happen. You are doing the secret. I have yet to hear 1 Mizzou fan say "I sure hope that Rickma leaves SLU".

Roy, found those Bill bashing posts yet or should we just assume you are a liar.

You should have seen the celebrations these guys were having when quin got fired. had to calmly remind them that that was probably not a good thing for SLU.

You should have seen the celebrations these guys were having when quin got fired. had to calmly remind them that that was probably not a good thing for SLU.

Almost as bad as Mizzou fans coming to the billikens board looking for validation for their 1 good season in the past 5 years...

Classic. We can add GoBills to the list of Tiger fans.

i'm not looking. found those billiken support posts yet or should we just assume you are a liar?

When we hired RM, I seem to recall Mizzery fans saying he'd last about 6 weeks and die or suffer a major heart attack and retire again. That's a lot worse than us hoping Anderson kicks you guys to the curb.

When we hired RM, I seem to recall Mizzery fans saying he'd last about 6 weeks and die or suffer a major heart attack and retire again. That's a lot worse than us hoping Anderson kicks you guys to the curb.

Actually, I think Roy said this and it was last week :rolleyes: We know what a fan he is of RM.

Almost as bad as Mizzou fans coming to the billikens board looking for validation for their 1 good season in the past 5 years...

How dare you SLUSAE03. Didn't you see the scolding from one of our moderators. It is the fault of Billiken fans who are on BILLIKENS.COM, not V-Time for dredging up this subject or the Mizzou trolls who inhabit this board (some who have been banned from this board previously).

At least the board's other resident Mizloser trolls had the good sense to crawl back under a rock following the beat down you took at the hands of the Illini.

They sure have become more brave recently after disappearing in December. What great loyalty. DeCourcy was right. They have some of the worst bandwagon fans in America.

They sure have become more brave recently after disappearing in December. What great loyalty. DeCourcy was right. They have some of the worst bandwagon fans in America.

This is priceless. Ace is responding to his own post because no one else will.:lol: You want to watch the Sweet 16 match up with me this week? Try to shower somewhere first if you do :lol: