TL III-Last night

slu72

On the game thread there seemed some minor criticism of TL's play last night. I just wonder if RM didn't tell him to cool it after seeing KL go down hard and not knowing how serious he was hurt (thank the Good Lord not too). Also, wonder if RM told TL and KL before game not to be too dominant and see how the Billikids handled the game. But trying to tell KL not to hustle is like trying to tell Sarah Palin not to go for the killshot on a moose.

On the game thread there seemed some minor criticism of TL's play last night. I just wonder if RM didn't tell him to cool it after seeing KL go down hard and not knowing how serious he was hurt (thank the Good Lord not too). Also, wonder if RM told TL and KL before game not to be too dominant and see how the Billikids handled the game. But trying to tell KL not to hustle is like trying to tell Sarah Palin not to go for the killshot on a moose.

Or like telling McCain he can stop being a POW. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Majerus told TL to do whatever, even before KL got hurt. What good would it do him to hang 30 on a bunch of kids he can run circles around? Of course I didn't see the game, was he passing on wide-open shots, or just not looking to create?

Or like telling McCain he can stop being a POW. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Majerus told TL to do whatever, even before KL got hurt. What good would it do him to hang 30 on a bunch of kids he can run circles around? Of course I didn't see the game, was he passing on wide-open shots, or just not looking to create?

It might of just been me but he really never controlled the ball. Mitchell and Cassity controlled tempo and the ball for most of the game. Once the season starts I feel that they will give TLIII more isolation plays so he can create.

On a side note, it seemed like last year all we would run were on ball screens up top and have a pick and pop style. I did not see one on ball screen from anyone last night. It was all motion offense, this might also be why Tommie didnt really seem to have the ball in his hands. I wonder if Rikma will try and get rid of the on- ball high screens.

It might of just been me but he really never controlled the ball. Mitchell and Cassity controlled tempo and the ball for most of the game. Once the season starts I feel that they will give TLIII more isolation plays so he can create.

On a side note, it seemed like last year all we would run were on ball screens up top and have a pick and pop style. I did not see one on ball screen from anyone last night. It was all motion offense, this might also be why Tommie didnt really seem to have the ball in his hands. I wonder if Rikma will try and get rid of the on- ball high screens.

Definitely the quickest team we have had. TL did receive a great pass from WR and TL finished when they were both near the basket.

41 Bt and 14 Conklin played extremely well together-rebounding, blocking out space-when WR was in he mostly played the ball instead of being part of a duo with whoever the other big was-nothing wrong with that and it may be that what was there for one set

was not there with the other. It was a mystery how Harris-Stowe shut them down in the first 5 minutes with KL in the game. It was

as if they were less intimidated or excited about playing the Chaifetz than our kids. Can't wait for game two to see how KL and BE play

with the other Billikids

Can't wait for game two to see how KL and BE play

with the other Billikids

I really like this Billikids thing. If we get rolling later in the season, I think it could be a great marketing catchphrase. Infinitely better than the SaintSations. That is flat out dumb. That's like something a 4th grader comes up with for a marketing project and the teacher says, "Yay... B-. Take a seat." Then as soon as the bell rings, teacher goes down to the teacher's lounge and is like, "HEY, EVERYBODY!!! Listen to the crap this dumb b!tch came up with in class today!"

Also, I don't think Tommie will be dropping many of Mitchell's lightning passes. He's been looking for those passes for years. And he WILL finish.

Definitely the quickest team we have had. TL did receive a great pass from WR and TL finished when they were both near the basket.

41 Bt and 14 Conklin played extremely well together-rebounding, blocking out space-when WR was in he mostly played the ball instead of being part of a duo with whoever the other big was-nothing wrong with that and it may be that what was there for one set

was not there with the other. It was a mystery how Harris-Stowe shut them down in the first 5 minutes with KL in the game. It was

as if they were less intimidated or excited about playing the Chaifetz than our kids. Can't wait for game two to see how KL and BE play

with the other Billikids

Simple - they missed all their shots early on.

i agree with cheese. harris stowe never stopped anything all night long. our inside could get the ball anytime anywhere on the lane our guards could drive to get easy 8 footers we had wide open threes. the game was close for 8 mintues to start the game because we didnt make uncontested bunny shots.

i also agree that liddell probably pulled back and if i was rickma liddell wouldnt have even saw the floor the second half. what was the point? we could have pulled away with craig, parker and pick three with ease. so why risk another cheap shot at liddell like lisch took?

Was that our own TDELL who was heckling Tommy from about Row N in Sec. 109 (behind the basket) on all his late free-throws?

Sec. was 108, about Row L or M. Agreed, it seemed to be all in fun and TL was smiling while at the line.

Tommie shot wasn't falling, but i thought he looked more comfortable at both ends of the court with what he was supposed to do. He didn't look anything like the Tommie that hesitated too often last season. I will be really intrested in seeing if this was do to the fact we were playing HS or if he is now comfartable inside Rickmas systems.