Game Times

The start times have been posted on the Metrotix website for the home games. I would assume they are correct:

HARRIS-STOWE (exh)

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 Date: 7:00 pm

UMSL

Date: Friday, November 14, 2008 Date: 7:00 pm

KENT STATE

Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 Date: 7:00 pm

BOSTON COLLEGE

Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008 Date: 1:00 pm

SAVANNAH STATE

Date: Saturday, December 6, 2008 Date: 7:00 pm

SAMFORD

Date: Saturday, December 13, 2008 Date: 4:00 pm

USC UPSTATE

Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 Date: 7:00 pm

LIBERTY

Date: Friday, December 19, 2008 Date: 7:00 pm

UMBC

Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 Date: 8:00 pm

NC A&T

Date: Friday, January 2, 2009 Date: 7:00 pm

MASSACHUSETTS

Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 Date: 7:00 pm

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Date: Saturday, January 17, 2009 Date: time TBD

RICHMOND

Date: Sunday, January 25, 2009 Date: 2:00 pm

DUQUESNE

Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 Date: time TBD

CHARLOTTE

Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 Date: 7:00 pm

SAINT JOSEPH'S

Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 Date: 9:00 pm

DAYTON

Date: Saturday, February 21, 2009 Date: time TBD

LA SALLE

Date: Saturday, March 7, 2009 Date: 7:00 pm

Schedule has 1 - 1:00pm game, 1 - 2:00pm game, 1 - 4:00pm, 10 - 7:00pm games, 1 - 8:00pm game, 1 - 9:00pm game and 3 TBDs.

The start times have been posted on the Metrotix website for the home games. I would assume they are correct:

HARRIS-STOWE (exh)

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 Date: 7:00 pm

UMSL

Date: Friday, November 14, 2008 Date: 7:00 pm

KENT STATE

Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 Date: 7:00 pm

BOSTON COLLEGE

Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008 Date: 1:00 pm

SAVANNAH STATE

Date: Saturday, December 6, 2008 Date: 7:00 pm

SAMFORD

Date: Saturday, December 13, 2008 Date: 4:00 pm

USC UPSTATE

Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 Date: 7:00 pm

LIBERTY

Date: Friday, December 19, 2008 Date: 7:00 pm

UMBC

Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 Date: 8:00 pm

NC A&T

Date: Friday, January 2, 2009 Date: 7:00 pm

MASSACHUSETTS

Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 Date: 7:00 pm

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Date: Saturday, January 17, 2009 Date: time TBD

RICHMOND

Date: Sunday, January 25, 2009 Date: 2:00 pm

DUQUESNE

Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 Date: time TBD

CHARLOTTE

Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 Date: 7:00 pm

SAINT JOSEPH'S

Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 Date: 9:00 pm

DAYTON

Date: Saturday, February 21, 2009 Date: time TBD

LA SALLE

Date: Saturday, March 7, 2009 Date: 7:00 pm

Schedule has 1 - 1:00pm game, 1 - 2:00pm game, 1 - 4:00pm, 10 - 7:00pm games, 1 - 8:00pm game, 1 - 9:00pm game and 3 TBDs.

Actually the games times are posted on the Billiken mens bb site too. This list is just home games.

A 9:00 p.m. start? That's ludicrous! Is it a television game?

I am curious as to the justification for what seems like a very odd start time. I live a little over an hour away from the Chaifetz and a 9:00 start time during the week is not so appealing. But as I look at the schedule, there are a lot of games that don't seem worth the drive. I am very disappointed in the schedule. I am embarrassed to offer my extra tickets to some of the games to clients, employees, or friends, unless they don't know anything nor care anything at all about basketball. Maybe there is a reasonable and justifiable explanation.

It has to be. No other explanation for it.

What happened to the twin fictions of coach does not want Friday night games to interfere with high school games

Secondly, why schedule Saturday or Sunday day games instead of Saturday night games? Are the Blues going to play after us? Will we be asked to leave early by Guy Phillips?

It has to be. No other explanation for it.

Not sure what the deal is with the 9 start. TV would make sense. The 8 start on 12/30 is part of a double bill with the women playing the Sonners at 5:30. The Paris twins will be worth checking out. Courtney is one hell of a player.

What happened to the twin fictions of coach does not want Friday night games to interfere with high school games

Secondly, why schedule Saturday or Sunday day games instead of Saturday night games? Are the Blues going to play after us? Will we be asked to leave early by Guy Phillips?

I count only one Sunday game against Richmond. We play Thursday night at Temple before that game so it makes sense to give the guys an extra days rest on that one.

The BC game is at 1 PM on a Saturday. Just speculating, but maybe BC said they have a strong preference to play at 1 PM so they can get back to Boston at a reasonable time. The only other game time that is real weird is the 4 PM Saturday start vs. Samford. I'm sure that game isnt on t.v. so I have no real guess on that one.

As for the Friday night games, we have only 2. The first is against UMSL before highschool basketball season has started and during the heart of college football season so that one makes sense. The one against Liberty is part of the Vegas tourney which we have a game on Monday. By playing Friday night, Saturday can be a travel day. If you play Saturday, you have to travel on Sunday.

I count only one Sunday game against Richmond. We play Thursday night at Temple before that game so it makes sense to give the guys an extra days rest on that one.

The BC game is at 1 PM on a Saturday. Just speculating, but maybe BC said they have a strong preference to play at 1 PM so they can get back to Boston at a reasonable time. The only other game time that is real weird is the 4 PM Saturday start vs. Samford. I'm sure that game isnt on t.v. so I have no real guess on that one.

As for the Friday night games, we have only 2. The first is against UMSL before highschool basketball season has started and during the heart of college football season so that one makes sense. The one against Liberty is part of the Vegas tourney which we have a game on Monday. By playing Friday night, Saturday can be a travel day. If you play Saturday, you have to travel on Sunday.

when you get a chance to play samford, you better take it at whatever time they want to play.

when you get a chance to play samford, you better take it at whatever time they want to play.

Roy, that is actually funny. Maybe they think Dec. 13 is a prime Christmas party night and they are trying to avoid evening conflicts. I kind of like the time. Go to the game then go out and do something.

Roy, that is actually funny. Maybe they think Dec. 13 is a prime Christmas party night and they are trying to avoid evening conflicts. I kind of like the time. Go to the game then go out and do something.

Or maybe we could have an all-nighter lock-in with the team after the game. We could drink hot chocolate and eggnog and watch "It's a Wonderful Life" on a big screen.

Or maybe we could have an all-nighter lock-in with the team after the game. We could drink hot chocolate and eggnog and watch "It's a Wonderful Life" on a big screen.

i love "it's a wonderful life". one would think that would bring em in.

9 p.m. on a freaking Wednesday. Brilliant. :angry:

Someone will have to get me a pitcher as we'll likely be walking in the door at Humphrey's right when Penny Pitchers starts.

I also liked the suggestion that Dec is prime Christmas pary time. Go to the game then to the Christmas party.

Someone will have to get me a pitcher as we'll likely be walking in the door at Humphrey's right when Penny Pitchers starts.

I also liked the suggestion that Dec is prime Christmas pary time. Go to the game then to the Christmas party.

Oooooh, good call on the pitcher!!! Man, talk about great planning on that start time..... ;)