Chaifetz - New Seats

Hopefully just an isolated decision and not a sign of things to come.... but just spoke to a friend who has decided to purchase 8 of the best Green seats (no annual/arena fees) in order to save money. The troubling part is that this person had 12 seats at the Scott in the second row (limited now to 8 at the Chaveitz), had reserved 8 Gold seats and that he has a low seat ranking. To protect him, I don't want to give his number other than to say he is in the upper 40's to low 50's.

Along these lines, I recall personally meeting with Mark Wright last Fall and his making it quite clear that if you reserved Gold, you could always change and actually buy Red or Green while if you reserved Red, you could change and buy Green but not Gold and that if you reserved Green, you could not buy anything different. Since then, have not heard this rule.

I wonder how many reserved Gold but will change their minds. :(

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully just an isolated decision and not a sign of things to come.... but just spoke to a friend who has decided to purchase 8 of the best Green seats (no annual/arena fees) in order to save money. The troubling part is that this person had 12 seats at the Scott in the second row (limited now to 8 at the Chaveitz), had reserved 8 Gold seats and that he has a low seat ranking. To protect him, I don't want to give his number other than to say he is in the upper 40's to low 50's.

Along these lines, I recall personally meeting with Mark Wright last Fall and his making it quite clear that if you reserved Gold, you could always change and actually buy Red or Green while if you reserved Red, you could change and buy Green but not Gold and that if you reserved Green, you could not buy anything different. Since then, have not heard this rule.

We bought eight good green to save money as well/

I simply don't believe the part about not being able to buy gold if you reserved something lower. It was always explained to me as a rough indicator but when it came time people could buy whatever they want. I seriously doubt SLU would be that stupid to turn away somebody wanting to pay more money.

I also have trouble understanding why someone that in the past has been willing to give a crapload of money (i.e. what it takes to get in the top 50) is now trying to save money, but to each his own. At least this way the end zones will finally go more than 5 rows deep...

p.s. Would SLU really consider it a bad start if some of the bigger boosters (i.e. people in the top 100) that have donated in the past when no donation was required took some of the green seats as they would likely to continue to donate going forward even though it isn't forced....

Curious as to how you could have already done that since the seat selection process starts today...

sorry, that is our plan. we pick in the 300s though so I am hoping there are good greens availible.

I simply don't believe the part about not being able to buy gold if you reserved something lower. It was always explained to me as a rough indicator but when it came time people could buy whatever they want. I seriously doubt SLU would be that stupid to turn away somebody wanting to pay more money.

I also have trouble understanding why someone that in the past has been willing to give a crapload of money (i.e. what it takes to get in the top 50) is now trying to save money, but to each his own. At least this way the end zones will finally go more than 5 rows deep...

p.s. Would SLU really consider it a bad start if some of the bigger boosters (i.e. people in the top 100) that have donated in the past when no donation was required took some of the green seats as they would likely to continue to donate going forward even though it isn't forced....

your mistake is that they all indeed gave a "crapload of money". of course there are many great boosters. but there is no doubt that amongst the season tix holders are many are there just because they of their longtime loyalty as much as any amount of giving regularly. far too many of our top 1000 werent even billiken club members. only when forced to join or be sent to the end of the line did some then buck up. and their belief is now they will pay the minimum billiken club membership but damned if i will pay the bucks per seat charge.

my fear all along was that many more than expected would opt for green or red seats once they saw how great all the views were as compared to the views at scott trade.

i am just praying that when i go pick June 16 that all the good reds arent gone. and i am forced to pick between gold and high up green.

your mistake is that they all indeed gave a "crapload of money". of course there are many great boosters. but there is no doubt that amongst the season tix holders are many are there just because they of their longtime loyalty as much as any amount of giving regularly. far too many of our top 1000 werent even billiken club members. only when forced to join or be sent to the end of the line did some then buck up. and their belief is now they will pay the minimum billiken club membership but damned if i will pay the bucks per seat charge.

my fear all along was that many more than expected would opt for green or red seats once they saw how great all the views were as compared to the views at scott trade.

i am just praying that when i go pick June 16 that all the good reds arent gone. and i am forced to pick between gold and high up green.

I really think it is mathematically impossible to be in the top 50 without giving a bunch of money. I happen to know of multiple people that have had season tickets for over 30-years, many of those years have had 4-8 tickets in their names, have been BC members since its inception, made generous donation to the arena, and still aren't in the top 75. The Johnnie come latelys to the BC at the minimum level simply aren't in the top 100 rankings...

You've got nothing to worry about Roy. Your seats will be fine.

I pick this evening at 5:20. If no one else does by then, I'll post up how the process went, and what seats are being taken.

One of the letters I received says seat selection starts on Wednesday, June 4th. Are you sure you pick this evening?

I pick this evening at 5:20. If no one else does by then, I'll post up how the process went, and what seats are being taken.

That would be great. I was told that you could switch to any color you wanted but not to the gold unless you put the gold request in originally - at least until all people had picked according to their rank. You could come back later and upgrade or buy more tix then. I was encouraged to put in for the gold to assure that I could be considered for the gold when I picked but if something changed I could always go to the green or red. What I find amazing about all this is that all these people who were so worried that they might loose their close to the court seats that they had for whatever the reason are some of the ones who are now opting for cheaper seats. That really makes no sense to me but I guess we won't know until the process is completed.

That would be great. I was told that you could switch to any color you wanted but not to the gold unless you put the gold request in originally - at least until all people had picked according to their rank. You could come back later and upgrade or buy more tix then. I was encouraged to put in for the gold to assure that I could be considered for the gold when I picked but if something changed I could always go to the green or red. What I find amazing about all this is that all these people who were so worried that they might loose their close to the court seats that they had for whatever the reason are some of the ones who are now opting for cheaper seats. That really makes no sense to me but I guess we won't know until the process is completed.

I definitely pick tonight. I've checked several times to be sure.

I was told that the initial indication made with last season's ticket renewal was not a binding thing. You could change your designation, up or down, or even decline to get seats for this year. I believe in the end, when you walk into the building, you can pick ANY uncommitted seat, irregardless of the initial indication, as long as you're willing to pay the freight.

I was told that the initial indication made with last season's ticket renewal was not a binding thing. You could change your designation, up or down, or even decline to get seats for this year. I believe in the end, when you walk into the building, you can pick ANY uncommitted seat, irregardless of the initial indication, as long as you're willing to pay the freight.

Well, I will be interested in knowing what you find out.

do you mind saying what your account number or preference is? I pick 163 rd at about 6:00PM Wed Jun 4th, thanks

I am picking 8 gold where we had 4 seats in E in past and 8 seats in G and we are dropping 4 for economics

Does anyone know how many folks can join the ticket holder to pick out seats? Is it equal to the number of seats to be selected? I called the ticket office a few weeks ago and they told me the ticket holder and one other. Is that still valid?

Does anyone know how many folks can join the ticket holder to pick out seats? Is it equal to the number of seats to be selected? I called the ticket office a few weeks ago and they told me the ticket holder and one other. Is that still valid?

I'm bring four including two kids. If they can't deal with that they can kiss off....

So, how did it go? Since you haven't posted anything about the process, I'm concerned that it did not go very well or that you are still there at 11pm.

I picked just after 5 and a good number of the red seats on either side of the court on the end near the Billiken bench seemed to be taken. I got fantastic Billiken Blue seats and some very nice gold seats although most of the aisle seats near the front of the gold were already taken on both sides. The process seemed to work fine although I would guess the staff will have their hands full after a couple of weeks of this. I am very pleased but I picked pretty early. However, there were still plenty of seats in all sections. I heard from a friend that the table seats were full by 5pm so that group is taken at 3500 a ticket!

I picked just after 5 and a good number of the red seats on either side of the court on the end near the Billiken bench seemed to be taken. I got fantastic Billiken Blue seats and some very nice gold seats although most of the aisle seats near the front of the gold were already taken on both sides. The process seemed to work fine although I would guess the staff will have their hands full after a couple of weeks of this. I am very pleased but I picked pretty early. However, there were still plenty of seats in all sections. I heard from a friend that the table seats were full by 5pm so that group is taken at 3500 a ticket!

This is what I was afraid was going to happen. I assume a lot of the high number point season ticket holders are splitting their totaled allowed eight season tickets between buying their tickets among the higher price seats and then buying more tickets in the red for someone else. The fact that people who have high point totals are allowed to buy more tickets on the first go around than they previously had opens it up for people with very little or no points to jump to the head of the line by purchasing their season tickets through a high number buyer who wasn't planning on buying the max of eight. It is earlier in the process and I maybe overeacting, but the history of these types of moves for SLU is not good.

I agree with everything stated above, but a few additional comments:

It was very well organized, had a number of people and they were very helpful and patient.

I saw groups of 4 and 5 going through.

You can take as long as you want, but every 4 minutes an additional group enters.

As stated above, a large number of the lower red seats are gone. They were taken by the university for use by player's parents, visiting team ticket requirements, and for recruits that the coaches invite.

I went in at 5:20, stayed 40 minutes, because my first choices were gone, but I am happy with my selection. At that point, not nearly as many blue seats were taken as I expected. Several people who chose before me opted for the green seats not requiring an annual donation. A couple of people told me they'd continue their donation, but liked those seats the best.

I was told by one of the workers that as the process moved forward, more people would be in the building selecting at one time.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM and I'll try to answer.

Good luck everyone!

As stated above, a large number of the lower red seats are gone. They were taken by the university for use by player's parents, visiting team ticket requirements, and for recruits that the coaches invite.

sighhhh. :(

This is what I was afraid was going to happen. I assume a lot of the high number point season ticket holders are splitting their totaled allowed eight season tickets between buying their tickets among the higher price seats and then buying more tickets in the red for someone else. The fact that people who have high point totals are allowed to buy more tickets on the first go around than they previously had opens it up for people with very little or no points to jump to the head of the line by purchasing their season tickets through a high number buyer who wasn't planning on buying the max of eight. It is earlier in the process and I maybe overeacting, but the history of these types of moves for SLU is not good.

I heard from someone not in administration that a number of the seats behind the bench in the red section are being held for the families of players. I think some seats in those sections were reserved even before the seat selection started.

So after hearing for 2 years about how all the cartels would be broken up, you are now worrying about an increase in cartels designed to help people with little to no points? The paranoia continues.

Billikan and SLU72's explanation of the red seats being taken makes sense. I guess we could always make the families and recruits sit in the last row so that the members of Billikens.com get the best seats possible.... :(

Why can some just not follow the rules for once.

So bringing the family is illegal? That's a pretty stupid thing if it's the case. I'd like my wife to be there. We are going to make a day of it and hit the zoo as well. If anyone says anything I'll be shocked.

By the way I don't recall reading about the injunction against families. Perhaps bold letters would've been in order....

So after hearing for 2 years about how all the cartels would be broken up, you are now worrying about an increase in cartels designed to help people with little to no points? The paranoia continues.

Billikan and SLU72's explanation of the red seats being taken makes sense. I guess we could always make the families and recruits sit in the last row so that the members of Billikens.com get the best seats possible.... :(

Kshoe we will see. I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling when it comes to SLU and moving to new buildings. When I hear that both the best red seats on both sides of the court and the best Green seat already coming of the board it does not make me feel comfortable.

How many tickets total do you need for family and recruits? I think 50 would be on the very high end of what is required.