08/09 schedule

Scoop

The season is now 5 months away. Any word on the new schedule? Big games? Home and homes?

Not much has been said about our OOC schedule for next year. Do we play Long Beach out on the West Coast? I am sure we have away games with Detroit, SIU and possibly Sam Houston. Home games should be Kent State, BC and MO State.

Not much has been said about our OOC schedule for next year. Do we play Long Beach out on the West Coast? I am sure we have away games with Detroit, SIU and possibly Sam Houston. Home games should be Kent State, BC and MO State.

SLU will be lucky to win 12 games next season!!!

From the Creighton board I heard SLU is part of the Las Vegas Classic. It is a 4 team tourney with SLU, Creighton, Fresno St & DePaul.

Actually, it sounds like the tourney actually has 2 home games for 4 main teams and then wraps up with 2 games in Las Vegas. So I guess we get a couple of cupcake teams at home first. I don't know the dates of this. I am sure someone else with time to check into things can find it though.

From the Creighton board I heard SLU is part of the Las Vegas Classic. It is a 4 team tourney with SLU, Creighton, Fresno St & DePaul.

Actually, it sounds like the tourney actually has 2 home games for 4 main teams and then wraps up with 2 games in Las Vegas. So I guess we get a couple of cupcake teams at home first. I don't know the dates of this. I am sure someone else with time to check into things can find it though.

http://bluejaybasketball.wordpress.com/200...tball-schedule/

Now that may be a great opportunity to make it out to Sin City :rolleyes::P

Hey Mizzou is looking for a game. They will consider anything including home/home.

Missouri-Mens

Type: Game

Dates: 09/01/2008 to 01/03/2009

Mizzou Basketball is looking for a game that can be played on any of the following dates: Nov.26,28,30. Dec. 4,10,20,27 Jan. 3. Will consider any possibilities, including 2 for 1s, guarantees, or home and home starting either place. Please call to discuss any details.

[email protected]

Date Posted: 05/19/2008

Last Updated: 06/03/2008

You think they will really consider any possibility if it includes SLU.

http://businesscomputertechnicians.com/bus...amp;Gender=Mens

Hey Mizzou is looking for a game. They will consider anything including home/home.

You think they will really consider any possibility if it includes SLU.

http://businesscomputertechnicians.com/bus...amp;Gender=Mens

I sure hope so. We need to get that series going.

I also saw this on there:

Washington-Mens

Dates: 12/27/2008 to 12/30/2008

Looking for a guaranteee game in Seattle. Guarantee is negotiable. Available dates Dececember 6 or 7. We also need a home and home series beginning ON THE ROAD from December 26 or 27, 2008

[email protected]

Date Posted: 04/24/2008

Last Updated: 05/15/2008

Could be fun to head out and play Lorenzo Romar's squad, and they're looking for a home and home- perfect chance for Scott Suggs to make a trip here. Lance LaVetter was also an assistant here under Romar- good to see him keeping his staff intact. They were all great guys.

I sure hope so. We need to get that series going.

I also saw this on there:

Washington-Mens

Dates: 12/27/2008 to 12/30/2008

Looking for a guaranteee game in Seattle. Guarantee is negotiable. Available dates Dececember 6 or 7. We also need a home and home series beginning ON THE ROAD from December 26 or 27, 2008

[email protected]

Date Posted: 04/24/2008

Last Updated: 05/15/2008

Could be fun to head out and play Lorenzo Romar's squad, and they're looking for a home and home- perfect chance for Scott Suggs to make a trip here. Lance LaVetter was also an assistant here under Romar- good to see him keeping his staff intact. They were all great guys.

UDub would be a nice series to get going for a couple years.

UDub would be a nice series to get going for a couple years.

Lorenzo Romar once told Frank Cusumano that he wouldn't play SLU as long as former assistant Brad Soderberg was the Billikens' coach. Now that Soderberg is gone, Romar may be open to playing his former team. He may set up a reciprocal home series with SLU in order to get Scott Suggs a game close to home for family's sake. (In fact, the firing of Soderberg may have made it a smidgen even easier for Romar to land Suggs, because it may have been harder for him to get a game so close to home if SLU were not an option.)

-if i am top 40 team i would not want to play slu, certainly not in stl, as slu could be a team that goes 10-20 or 20-10 or anywhere in between, so if 10-20, impacts rpi in a bad way and if 20-10 i could be one of the 20 and i don't need that

-we have too many question marks, due in large part to playing freshmen and, hopefully, a lot of them

-if i am top 40 team i would not want to play slu, certainly not in stl, as slu could be a team that goes 10-20 or 20-10 or anywhere in between, so if 10-20, impacts rpi in a bad way and if 20-10 i could be one of the 20 and i don't need that

-we have too many question marks, due in large part to playing freshmen and, hopefully, a lot of them

hopefully? you mean you have a question about it? judging by our roster we have absolutely no choice unless lisch, liddell and eberhardt play games 3 on 5.

Has anyone heard if SLU will be adjusting the tip-off time for the weekday home games? I think they should push them back to 7:35 or so to accomodate the trouble caused by Highway 40 closure. Both the Blues and Cardinals have made adjustments to their start times as well. The eastern half of 40 will close starting Jan 1 and that section runs from the innerbelt to east of Kingshighway.

Has anyone heard if SLU will be adjusting the tip-off time for the weekday home games? I think they should push them back to 7:35 or so to accomodate the trouble caused by Highway 40 closure. Both the Blues and Cardinals have made adjustments to their start times as well. The eastern half of 40 will close starting Jan 1 and that section runs from the innerbelt to east of Kingshighway.

I hope they don't push them back. I would rather get the hell out of there a half an hour earlier on week nights.

I hope they don't push them back. I would rather get the hell out of there a half an hour earlier on week nights.

I'd like to actually have most of the butts in the seats at tip off for a 7 pm start with the construction over the next year and a half will make that extremely difficult. Besides, how many times do games actually last past 9 pm with a 7 pm tip??