Seat Selection Notification

out of our cartel of boosters (two guys riding on my coattail who both ponied up for Billiken Club memberships) all 12 tckets will continue; but I think

only 8 of 12 will be in gold; the others will drop to the level they deserve.

I used to give $500 a year, a bought a brick, and now I will budget to keep my gold and buy post season tickets or go to pre season tournaments like

Paradise Jam in St. Thomas-but that is it unless I drop my Rams tickets. It will be interesting to see if Gold fills there are 18 rows of 18 up in four sections and the seats are old Busch narrow but raised so short people can see over taller ones in frony. I'm thinkinking of the maybe 5'2" wife or daughter behind a 6'5" former BB player

Clock, I'm afraid you are the one not getting it. I understand that the people ranked 200-500 may be moved around as long-time season ticket holders only finally join the BC, but there is no way a person ranked in the top 50 could get into the top 50 without already donating. Season tickets alone won't do it. In your example, you talk about the #1 booster. How does that person get to be #1 without already giving to the Billiken Club? It can't be done unless he made a HUGE donation in the past then decided to let his membership expire because he could no longer afford $150 a year.

There is an easy way to answer this. SLU72 what was your ranking prior to last year (i.e. 2 years ago) where the BC membership was not the principal determinant? I'd bet it was somewhere in the same range as where you currently are. I happen to know a bunch of people in the 60-80 range and their ranking has remained fairly consistent no matter what metric they are using.

A couple of points, my ranking prior to the last mailing was in the high 70's. That's why I think I might rise about 50 spots or so. Previous higher ranked people becoming members and several new people dropping money on the program.

I was told by Mark Wright each person would have 3 minutes to make their seat selection. If you're not able to make the selection time they assign, you can give them your top choice, or two, they'll pick it if available or pick for you.

I think they are doing everything they can think of to try and make this orderly.

I was told by Mark Wright each person would have 3 minutes to make their seat selection. If you're not able to make the selection time they assign, you can give them your top choice, or two, they'll pick it if available or pick for you.

I think they are doing everything they can think of to try and make this orderly.

will this be done in the arena?

or will we have access to the arena during/before the process?

anyone know?

will this be done in the arena?

or will we have access to the arena during/before the process?

anyone know?

I don't know. But if there is only 3 minutes allowed per person, then I wouldn't think you would be in the arena when the choice is made. However, maybe you would be allowed to look around the arena prior to or while you are waiting for your time just to get a feel of where you want to sit. What you might not know at that point is which seats have been taken. Someone mentioned putting a mark on the chosen seats. But having just 3 minutes to choose, can't include roaming around the arena. There are open areas at each end of the suites that have a view of the whole arena. That would be a great place to set up a seating chart. Then you could at least have the arena in view when you were choosing seats.

I don't know. But if there is only 3 minutes allowed per person, then I wouldn't think you would be in the arena when the choice is made. However, maybe you would be allowed to look around the arena prior to or while you are waiting for your time just to get a feel of where you want to sit. What you might not know at that point is which seats have been taken. Someone mentioned putting a mark on the chosen seats. But having just 3 minutes to choose, can't include roaming around the arena. There are open areas at each end of the suites that have a view of the whole arena. That would be a great place to set up a seating chart. Then you could at least have the arena in view when you were choosing seats.

If SLU really wanted to do this right, it would be done electronically. As seats are "taken" it would update the seating charts that would be displayed on the four scoreboards as well as in the concourse. That's how I would do it.

If SLU really wanted to do this right, it would be done electronically. As seats are "taken" it would update the seating charts that would be displayed on the four scoreboards as well as in the concourse. That's how I would do it.

Electronic is nice, but I think simply having a sheet on each seat if it is still available would work just fine. If you want to buy that seat you simply pull that sheet off and take it to get it signed. With electronic I could see difficulty in figuring out exactly which row and seats are taken.

I'd bet a lot of money they will allow people in the arena to make their picks.

Electronic is nice, but I think simply having a sheet on each seat if it is still available would work just fine. If you want to buy that seat you simply pull that sheet off and take it to get it signed. With electronic I could see difficulty in figuring out exactly which row and seats are taken.

I agree. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to implement. However, that wouldn't fit into the three minute time period. You couldn't have multiple people picking seats at the same time. Maybe they will have like 20 different seat agents working with 20 groups at a time. Once number 1 selects a seat, they radio to the guy with number 2. Then the number 1 agent goes to find 21. And so on. Still seems like it could be a mess. The whole three minute time period seems to be a tough constraint to work with. That's not a lot of time.

Since we will probably be in the arena building, it would be nice. And we may have a view of the arena. But when you are up against a 3 minute time period, there isn't time for each person to roam around the arena trying to decide which seat they want. Now maybe they will suggest people come early to decide, but I would doubt that each sold seat would be marked. I think the best that can be hoped for, is that you will have some time before you are scheduled to look around and get a general idea of what you would want. Then you will go to a board or on the computer, and select your top choice.

Since we will probably be in the arena building, it would be nice. And we may have a view of the arena. But when you are up against a 3 minute time period, there isn't time for each person to roam around the arena trying to decide which seat they want. Now maybe they will suggest people come early to decide, but I would doubt that each sold seat would be marked. I think the best that can be hoped for, is that you will have some time before you are scheduled to look around and get a general idea of what you would want. Then you will go to a board or on the computer, and select your top choice.

can you just imagine the sports medicine facility is going to be full of older men who have pulled hamstrings, twisted ankles and skinned up knees. The new practice gym, weight room and locker room will be full of guys getting ready for their 3 minute sprint to find their new seats............................ :D

i would bet the vast majority of prospective season tix holders between the dedication day, the globetrotters and the all star game took in the seats and scouted locations to a degree.

and anyone that wanted the opportunity to look around again i would be surprised if they didnt allow it prior to the seating days.

i.e. i know exactly where i want to go. if those seats are taken, i know how i prioritize the rest of the arena and how it fits in my wants and budget. for someone not to be ready after all that has been built up is really not all that interested in the first place imo.

I agree. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to implement. However, that wouldn't fit into the three minute time period. You couldn't have multiple people picking seats at the same time. Maybe they will have like 20 different seat agents working with 20 groups at a time. Once number 1 selects a seat, they radio to the guy with number 2. Then the number 1 agent goes to find 21. And so on. Still seems like it could be a mess. The whole three minute time period seems to be a tough constraint to work with. That's not a lot of time.

Regarding the 3 minute time limit... I'd be shocked if its a thing where you go in and if you don't pick a seat within 3 minutes you lose your chance. all that it means is after 3 minutes, the next guy in line also gets to enter, and 3 minutes after that the next guy. You can take 30 minutes picking a seat but maybe 10 people will get in there ahead of you.

There will be plenty of time for people to walk around, get a sense of where they want to sit and then pick the seats that they like the most. I don't think it will be frenzied at all.

i would bet the vast majority of prospective season tix holders between the dedication day, the globetrotters and the all star game took in the seats and scouted locations to a degree.

and anyone that wanted the opportunity to look around again i would be surprised if they didnt allow it prior to the seating days.

i.e. i know exactly where i want to go. if those seats are taken, i know how i prioritize the rest of the arena and how it fits in my wants and budget. for someone not to be ready after all that has been built up is really not all that interested in the first place imo.

Agreed. If nothing else there is an online view of pretty much every seating arrangement so anyone that is serious enough about this can get a sense of the different angles, etc. before they go in.

Regarding the 3 minute time limit... I'd be shocked if its a thing where you go in and if you don't pick a seat within 3 minutes you lose your chance. all that it means is after 3 minutes, the next guy in line also gets to enter, and 3 minutes after that the next guy. You can take 30 minutes picking a seat but maybe 10 people will get in there ahead of you.

There will be plenty of time for people to walk around, get a sense of where they want to sit and then pick the seats that they like the most. I don't think it will be frenzied at all.

I say they wire every seat so that they are able to shock anyone touching it. Then if the seat is taken it shocks you. They could also use that to make sure people get off their asses even when they aren't throwing 29 cent balls in the crowd. Just turn on the juice during the last 5 minutes of every game that is within 10 points.

I say they wire every seat so that they are able to shock anyone touching it. Then if the seat is taken it shocks you. They could also use that to make sure people get off their asses even when they aren't throwing 29 cent balls in the crowd. Just turn on the juice during the last 5 minutes of every game that is within 10 points.

Great idea, except the liability insurance would be too high. The basic shocks wouldn't be lethal, but they would certainly mess up all the close-to-the-court folks' pacemakers.

Great idea, except the liability insurance would be too high. The basic shocks wouldn't be lethal, but they would certainly mess up all the close-to-the-court folks' pacemakers.

LOL. I was going to say that they could use bidet-style seats for the first couple rows so that you could shame the oldtimers into standing towards the end, but some of them probably piss themselves during the game anyways and wouldn't even care. Maybe a pudding dispenser of some sort...