Ben Hansbrough a "Free Agent"

-imo if ben hansbrough wants to come to slu we take him

-nashville, what did you see in sec or ncaa games you did not like?

I guess what Nashville is talking about is, it is not worth our time recruiting him if he doesn't want to play at SLU. If he comes knocking at our door then "Welcome to the family" but we should not beg him to play for us..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As of late Ben want to play for Missery.. with no mention of SLU whatsoever..

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...DA?OpenDocument

I won't lose sleep over B. Hansbrough. Thought the kid would have been a nice addition a few years ago. Not surprised he may not have wanted to come to SLU. At the time, we had an unproven, no-name coach, we had some of the worst facilities in the country, our recruiting class consisted of DM, our conference affiliation dropped in stature and prestige, we had not had much success in years, our school President lacked interest/support for the program, our season ticket sales declined each year from 1995, televised games were few and far between and our radio station signal stopped around Hwy 270.

How far we have come in only 1 year!!

I won't lose sleep over B. Hansbrough. Thought the kid would have been a nice addition a few years ago. Not surprised he may not have wanted to come to SLU. At the time, we had an unproven, no-name coach, we had some of the worst facilities in the country, our recruiting class consisted of DM, our conference affiliation dropped in stature and prestige, we had not had much success in years, our school President lacked interest/support for the program, our season ticket sales declined each year from 1995, televised games were few and far between and our radio station signal stopped around Hwy 270.

How far we have come in only 1 year!!

We are still on a crappy radio and TV deal.......

I think the TV Deal was alot better this season as I was able to watch quite a few games. At least 8 or 9. That is what I measure it on. I live abroad and have to watch the games on FSN which is great if you get the Direct TV sports pack.

If SLU has a chance at B. Hansbrough that would be great. Scoring 10.5 ppg as a So. in the SEC is something. He played 33 mpg.

St. Louis isn't that close to Poplar Bluff. Rural MO is a different world than St. Louis. Rolla isn't too far away and how many SLU students come out of there. I was representin' Waynesville when I went to SLU one of 2 on campus.

That is a Watson article. She had Suggs and Griffey headed to MU too.

Graham is a homer no doubt and in her blogs she definitely intimated that Griffey and Suggs would be Tigers but that article was something altogether different. The quotes from BH tell me enough. He'll be a Tiger and MU may even be lucky enough to have him walk-on during this redshirt season and go on scholly the following year.

Wonder how all the Tigerboarders that have called his brother every four letter word will take BH in the black and gold.

Graham is a homer no doubt and in her blogs she definitely intimated that Griffey and Suggs would be Tigers but that article was something altogether different. The quotes from BH tell me enough. He'll be a Tiger and MU may even be lucky enough to have him walk-on during this redshirt season and go on scholly the following year.

Wonder how all the Tigerboarders that have called his brother every four letter word will take BH in the black and gold.

Right now Mizzery doesn't have a scholie to give. Of course, neither do we. Also, his father said, "in Missouri or out of Missouri." That didn't sound like just Mizzery. I think he'd be a good get, but am not going to eat any fingernails during the recruiting process. And won't lose any sleep if we don't land him.

Right now Mizzery doesn't have a scholie to give. Of course, neither do we. Also, his father said, "in Missouri or out of Missouri." That didn't sound like just Mizzery. I think he'd be a good get, but am not going to eat any fingernails during the recruiting process. And won't lose any sleep if we don't land him.

I think Spumac is a lock for him, he was recently seen gun shopping and I heard his girlfriend has been mouthing off lately and he wants to go to a place where not only will he be allowed to take care of the problem, but even get some help

I think Spumac is a lock for him, he was recently seen gun shopping and I heard his girlfriend has been mouthing off lately and he wants to go to a place where not only will he be allowed to take care of the problem, but even get some help

Skippy, you're probably right. Besides he can get free wings after 11:00pm.

If Cunzo lands Martin and Hansbrough he would be getting off to a very nice start at MSU when it comes to getting players.

I don't think there's any question that Martin can get players. What he does with those players is the great unknown. I think he'll be an excellent x and o guy, but he still has to prove it.

I don't think there's any question that Martin can get players. What he does with those players is the great unknown. I think he'll be an excellent x and o guy, but he still has to prove it.

In a Rival's article, for subscribers only, Hansbrough is quoted......"Washington State called me today, I've talked to Missouri. St. Louis called me and St. Mary's called me, but I turned both of them down."

It would appear, Mo St., MU, and Purdue are the most likely, and a possible fourth is Colorado (but too far from home).....

I think it comes down to a scholarship at a Valley school or walk on for a year at a Big XII school......

I have no idea on where he goes......despite his brother's decision, there are strong MU ties in the family, but that won't be the deciding factor.......

I'm not sure that Ben was ever on campus...I can't seem to get it confirmed anywhere. Word was he wanted to see the campus, but who really knows at this point. I could have been completely off base.

A NCAA "dead" period ended Thursday at Noon......its my understanding Hansbrough is visiting Springfield this weekend....

He's not a D1 player. UMSL should be all over this kid.

This guy needs to be gone, his only reason here is to try and stir up trouble. It's stupid for everyone to hit the ignore button ... just get rid of him. It's not the first time ... please lets make it the last.