Good News - Coto Commits

brianstl

Guest BillikenReport

Brian,Looks like you've been following Nate for awhile, beat him to posting it first..Great news indeed Thanks! :D

I'm too busy at West Pine talking to Ruben and watching him play tonight.

- Nate

Posted Image

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Posted Image

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Thanks for the video and pictures..I told you there would be news soon!

I'm too busy at West Pine talking to Ruben and watching him play tonight.

- Nate

Nate reading between the lines, you pretty much told us this yesterday. Thanks for the information.

Now to get really greedy, I'd like a Juco 6'8" 4/5 type to help balance the class distribution and be able to step in right away as BT/WR/BC gather experience.

If you are keeping count, we are now 2 scholarships over the limit for next year. Hmm....... With all these incoming 1-3 types and TL & KL back to eat up major minutes at 2 of those spots, I would think that someone will redshirt next year, either FJ or KC. Another possibility is that RM knows that one or two incoming players will NOT qualify.

Nate reading between the lines, you pretty much told us this yesterday. Thanks for the information.

Now to get really greedy, I'd like a Juco 6'8" 4/5 type to help balance the class distribution and be able to step in right away as BT/WR/BC gather experience.

If you are keeping count, we are now 2 scholarships over the limit for next year. Hmm....... With all these incoming 1-3 types and TL & KL back to eat up major minutes at 2 of those spots, I would think that someone will redshirt next year, either FJ or KC. Another possibility is that RM knows that one or two incoming players will NOT qualify.

If someone were to not qualify I would guess WR. Also I think he could redshirt.

Guest BillikenReport

I've heard Cotto tried to commit on Friday night and then earlier Saturday but he and Majerus were playing phone tag.

Cotto wasn't able to do much last night. He has a knee injury that he's having checked out on Monday. He tried to play, but he obviously wasn't right. I noticed in warm-ups that the form on his jumper that I was so impressed with this season just wasn't the same last night.

I think he'll be fine. Hopefully it's nothing serious and everyone can see what Ruben is capable of on April 12 at Chaifetz.

Cotto will also take the ACT on April 12.

As for Cotto and Willie Reed not qualifying, those are the two who still have question marks but I've heard both are close and have a good chance to qualify.

I don't think anyone has to worry about the class of seven kids messing up the scholarship situation down the line. You could have one or two players who redshirt next season, but also the chances of all seven coming in together and staying for all four years are very, very low. Kids will transfer or won't be cut out for D-1 hoops or playing for Majerus.

That stuff happens everywhere. I'm not trying to be negative, but just pointing out that it's something that happens.

- Nate

isn't a redshirted player still a scholarship player that counts against your limit?

I've heard Cotto tried to commit on Friday night and then earlier Saturday but he and Majerus were playing phone tag.

Cotto wasn't able to do much last night. He has a knee injury that he's having checked out on Monday. He tried to play, but he obviously wasn't right. I noticed in warm-ups that the form on his jumper that I was so impressed with this season just wasn't the same last night.

I think he'll be fine. Hopefully it's nothing serious and everyone can see what Ruben is capable of on April 12 at Chaifetz.

Cotto will also take the ACT on April 12.

As for Cotto and Willie Reed not qualifying, those are the two who still have question marks but I've heard both are close and have a good chance to qualify.

I don't think anyone has to worry about the class of seven kids messing up the scholarship situation down the line. You could have one or two players who redshirt next season, but also the chances of all seven coming in together and staying for all four years are very, very low. Kids will transfer or won't be cut out for D-1 hoops or playing for Majerus.

That stuff happens everywhere. I'm not trying to be negative, but just pointing out that it's something that happens.

- Nate

the best plays of the event may have been in warmups. Courtney Belger took one dribble and did a 360 jam. Jaw-dropping athleticism from the point guard position. James had a one-handed double clutch dunk off the bounce. Booker did his thing too. Also, although Booker only played a half, he looked like the most legit player out there and did what he wanted. IF he can carry over what he's done in the championship game and this All-Star Game over to SIU, the MVC coaches are gonna have headaches for 4 years. Did anyone else attend the event? It was on SLU's campus.

the best plays of the event may have been in warmups. Courtney Belger took one dribble and did a 360 jam. Jaw-dropping athleticism from the point guard position. James had a one-handed double clutch dunk off the bounce. Booker did his thing too. Also, although Booker only played a half, he looked like the most legit player out there and did what he wanted. IF he can carry over what he's done in the championship game and this All-Star Game over to SIU, the MVC coaches are gonna have headaches for 4 years. Did anyone else attend the event? It was on SLU's campus.

I was also in attendance for this event STLHI and I was very impressed. I have attended the last 3 events this rameybasketball.com program has put on from the showcase at the beginning of the year in which Willie Reed looked good in with over 50 college coaches looking on to the HS Shootout at UMSL in December with Swopshire returning home and now this All-Star game. Who is Terrell Ramsey, I have heard great things about him from the coaching staff at SLU and from 3 college coaches that I had a chance to talk to yesterday at West Pine, The fans in attendance at these events also talk highly of him. STLHI or Nate do you know of Mr. Ramsey of Rameybasketball.com and little about his program because I don't hear you talk about him much. The events are ran great and he seems to have a grasp on the area scene. I noticed on his site that he has an Unsigned Senior Showcase coming up this upcoming weekend and I think that is great. Nate, I also saw you at the game yesterday.

Guest BillikenReport

marcthebillikenfan,

You probably shouldn't ask STLHI about Terrell Ramey.

Ramey has done a nice job with his events this year. I was worried that several of the players he said would be there wouldn't be at last night's game but they were.

- Nate