The Fat Lady's singing

slu72

Well, another Bills season in the record books. Another empty March for Bills fans. But wait, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. And guess what, it ain't another train. Here's hoping our incoming class is as good as we think it is. Here's hoping the spring recruiting period is bountiful for RM and his staff. Next year in a brand spanking new state of the art arena that hopefully will be a sea of royal Billiken Blue and a jumping jack student section. TL and KL will work hard over the summer realizing this is their final hurrah in a Bills uniform. Am sure they desperately want to go to the dance at least once. God knows, they deserve it. But to make it we've got to add some depth, read JUCO's, this spring. Hopefully a true died in the wool PG and a big man or two. A deadeye from three land is needed as well. If this is truly it for AK, DM, AM, and MR good luck where ever you end up. And of course to our seniors. LM, BH, and DB (WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? HE WAS AMAZING!!!!) all the best. You may not have led us to the promised land, but it wasn't because of lack of effort or heart. I somehow hope LM stays with the program. I think he'd be a huge asset and inspiration to future Billikens. He laid it all out in his 4 years here and that will be missed. As for RM and his first year. No doubt there were issues. But winning cures a lot of ills. And this guy is a proven winner. He will win here. Our hope for you is stay freaking healthy. Am sure the board will be buzzing over the next 7 months with recruiting information and rumors. Let's hope we follow up this year's class with another slam dunk. What else can you say about a 16-16 season? It is a little like kissing your sister.

Majerus made too many excuses of why he couldn't win. He probably will make excuses next year when they dont win either. He needs to quit bitching and moaning about how he didnt want these players. THE bills are what they are, a mediocre basketball team. LeTS GO RICK QUIT MAKING EXCUSES, I don't see barry hinson making excuses of why he got fired

Majerus made too many excuses of why he couldn't win. He probably will make excuses next year when they dont win either. He needs to quit bitching and moaning about how he didnt want these players. THE bills are what they are, a mediocre basketball team. LeTS GO RICK QUIT MAKING EXCUSES, I don't see barry hinson making excuses of why he got fired

I'd agree that at first he was doing a little whining. But telling the truth ain't making excuses. I think most of RM's frustration was due to the fact that not one of our players really knew what kind of commitment and effort it takes to get to the top levels of D1 hoops. That said, I'm sure we will hear next year how young we are and how it'll take a while for the new guys to get acclimated to RM and his style of coaching. As for expectations about next year, I don't forsee a dance invite, but am hoping somehow it happens for TL and KL.

I'd agree that at first he was doing a little whining. But telling the truth ain't making excuses.

i'm not looking forward to the FIRST TIME EVER rickma makes a mistake. it will be a dark day.

Rick said it would take two to three years. To expect these recruits to come in and have a Larry Hughes type effect is asking alot. A question to is ask is can Tommy and Kevin lead them down that road? If not it will be a long year. I just hope they become more consistant scorers.

It seems that 5 above average to really good recruits would have a bigger impact than one superstar.

i'm not looking forward to the FIRST TIME EVER rickma makes a mistake. it will be a dark day.

Are you suggesting RM doesn't own up to his mistakes? You couldn't be more wrong. Early in the season, following the Pitt game, he said he messed up managing his timeouts. He also fessed up to several other mistakes throughout the season on his radio show.

How many coaches talk a lot publicly about their mistakes? Did Sodie fess up to his recruiting blunders?

I long for the day when we dont mention brad ever again. We just finished a full-frustrating season with RICK MAJERUS as our coach. NextYEAR- new arena, new players, new program. The cancer that was our program under brad is no longer. enough already

Get a clue next time before posting dribble. RM has now finished his first year having coached what players left plus PE who he grabbed over the summer. Comparisons between an unproven coach who has finished his 9th year without success v. a HOF who has finished his first year but who has yet to bring in his first player are just not smart.

I still say that Coach Majerus will take the Billiken program places that we have never been before. I know that when it has been a number of years since the program has received a Big Dance invite patience is not an easy virtue especially for died in the woods Billiken fans. I sure would hope that we could get into the NCAA next year seeing as Kevin and Tommie will be Sr. however, we are going to need some other players who may not be on the current roster to step up for that to become a reality. In the meantime, I am going to root like heck with my wife that her Vols may have a deep run in them this season.

In the meantime, I am going to root like heck with my wife that her Vols may have a deep run in them this season.

You're lucky, my wife's alma mater has never made a single NCAA Tournament appearance. We get closer to reaching the husband-wife record for NCAA Tournament futility with each passing season. :lol:

I saw the story that ran on HBO's Bryant Gumball show the other night on Bruce Pearl, and I thought it was an excellent piece. He really has the folks in Knoxville as excited about the mens team as they are the womens team. I check in on the UT fan website semi frequently and many of their fans believe Bruce Pearl will win a NCAA championship at UT. We are still holding out some hope that they will be playing here in Tampa as we have tickets for the first two rounds of the NCAA. Also I believe the womens Finals are in Tampa this year so the Lady Vols could be making a trip here.