Tyler Griffey to Illinois

Westy03

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.news-gazette.com/blogs/basketbl...fey_to_illinois

Great pickup for them. I dont think we ever had a shot. Weber is really starting to get some great recruits, he just needs to get them to sign.

I have no idea whether we ever had a chance with Tyler but I assumed we would not get him once we signed the class for next year that included three bigs and one player that sounds like he plays the same way--Conklin.

I have no idea whether we ever had a chance with Tyler but I assumed we would not get him once we signed the class for next year that included three bigs and one player that sounds like he plays the same way--Conklin.

Good luck to Tyler. I could now care less what he does in his career.

I dont think a big-time coach like Majerus will stop recruiting maybe the top prospect in the state, just because he committed. I wouldn't feel bad for SLU until its September, and there is no Griffey, no Bryant Allen, no Richard Anderson, and no Jerome Jones.

V what if that was replaced with: Bobby Cappobianco, Stephen wood, Tre Lee, and Matt Vogrich

I dont think a big-time coach like Majerus will stop recruiting maybe the top prospect in the state, just because he committed. I wouldn't feel bad for SLU until its September, and there is no Griffey, no Bryant Allen, no Richard Anderson, and no Jerome Jones.

I would sweat losing Allen. Griffey seems to be gone and that sucks. The other two I could really care less about. Anderson has no real chance of qualifying.

NH, I really can't comment, because I haven't seen those guys play. You know how I feel. I like to build from the inside out. Seal your own borders and go after the most logical outside prospects. Other kids I like from the area class of 2009 for possible SLU recruitment are Gavin Wiss, Sean Duff, and Cody Sorenson. From Missouri, but no Saint Louis, Jayme Donnelly. Some kids who are D1, but not necessarily the type of guys you may be looking for are DJ Wallace, Lonnie Boga, and Kyle Turner.

Brian, how unless you have his transcript, how can you make a statement like Anderson has no real chance of qualifying?

I really can't comment, because I haven't seen those guys play. You know how I feel. I like to build from the inside out. Seal your own borders and go after the most logical outside prospects. Other kids I like from the area class of 2009 for possible SLU recruitment are Gavin Wiss, Sean Duff, and Cody Sorenson. From Missouri, but no Saint Louis, Jayme Donnelly. Some kids who are D1, but not necessarily the type of guys you may be looking for are DJ Wallace, Lonnie Boga, and Kyle Turner.

I saw Jayme Donnely and was not at all impressed

When did you last see Donnelly? When we did our story on him earlier in the season, it was Nov 1st. He had already visited Wisconsin and SLU. It will be two months from that day tomorrow. He's probably taken even more visits since then. Definitely an in-state kid to watch. That highlight video I posted then was from his sophomore season. He also fills a glaring weakness for SLU, which is outside shooting. The team scored 36 POINTS last night. I wouldn't be scoffing at any outside shooter who is interested in the program.

When did you last see Donnelly? When we did our story on him earlier in the season, it was Nov 1st. He had already visited Wisconsin and SLU. It will be two months from that day tomorrow. He's probably taken even more visits since then. Definitely an in-state kid to watch. That highlight video I posted then was from his sophomore season.

V, they were unoffical visits. When he takes an offical visit to a school not call Lindenwood come talk to me about him. The kid is a nice ball player from everything I hear about him, but he is not a D-1 prospect. Maybe everbody I have asked about him is wrong and you are right about him. I have never seen him play in person, so I can't say if they are wrong. I just have a hard time believing everybody else is wrong about this kid and you are right.

to tyler and griffster - i wish you good luck at illinois and hope you have a great career and griffster please don't be a stranger to this site

Agreed, best of luck. Also talk to Weber about getting us on the schedule--I would love to see it happen again. First thing I thought when I saw this was the relief you must be feeling today.

V, they were unoffical visits. When he takes an offical visit to a school not call Lindenwood come talk to me about him. The kid is a nice ball player from everything I hear about him, but he is not a D-1 prospect. Maybe everbody I have asked about him is wrong and you are right about him. I have never seen him play in person, so I can't say if they are wrong. I just have a hard time believing everybody else is wrong about this kid and you are right.

Please tell me who you have been talking to. You dont have to say it on here. You can send me a PM. They are WAY OFF!!!!

Looks like Tyler had some prompting, after Illinois offered Cooley yesterday. They both knew this was Illinois' final scholarship open, and Tyler jumped on it.

Kshoe, do ya believe me now?

Was Cotto's scholarship offer revoked with this announcement?

Congrats to Tyler and Griffster on this announcement. Unlike some on this board I will enjoy watching him play at Illinois and hope that he goes on to have a very strong career, particularly when he is playing in the week before Christmas.

Was Cotto's scholarship offer revoked with this announcement?

Congrats to Tyler and Griffster on this announcement. Unlike some on this board I will enjoy watching him play at Illinois and hope that he goes on to have a very strong career, particularly when he is playing in the week before Christmas.

I wished him the best of luck. I never really enjoy watching the Iliini play basketball. If you enjoy watching boring ugly basketball by all means you will enjoy watching the Illini for the next four years. I have had my fill of ugly basketball this season with the Billikens. I see no need to put myself through four years of watching Weber ball.