Bills by 1 over GW

The Wiz

no way i am buying the belief that gw has lost it to the degree it appears from their current record. just way too much returning talent and size plus from what i read pre-season they really had a few nice recruits coming in.

if that damn rice kid regains his form just for us, i am holding taj responsible.

anyway, i am expecting at best a dogfight that will go down to the wire and hoping that wiz is right with the outcome.

The scuttle on the coast here is that GeeDub is without their point guard, have been for some time. This has necessitated Rice moving from his past role of sixth man/instant offense to not only starter, but starter/point guard. I think TT picked that up and noted a drop in his ppg average of nearly seven points this year compared to last. I remember the Diggs kid being pretty servicable and the team that crushed us in Atlantic City were all size equal and talent equal, with Rice being the go to guy. So I expect them to press us again, especially at home in the Smith Center, and try to wear us down. I don't see a game that cottons to a Bryce kind of night. I would hope that our lineup of no one bigger than 6'5" and having Danny Brown healthier allows us to at least counter well enough. I expect Eckerle to get some rude awakenings tonight for some reason.

I cannot sanction the Wiz's call. There isno way in hell the Bills get favored in any game on the road until they show me they can win a road game. This game, at La Salle, at Richmond and at Umass (with Umass featuring an entire lineup driven by guards, maybe we can match up well enough) are about the only rare stops on the schedule that appear winnable right now. But the trend is we don't win this games. That needs to change and tonight is another key checkpoint in the schedule. Not one I had penciled in at first, but a win here might add credence to the espoused theory that the guys are starting to get Rick's system as Lisch implied in today's P-D article.

Two years ago, we came in here and had this game, only to see it go to OT and another loss. Record or not, the Bills still have to show me that this team can win something on the road -- neutral courts notwithstanding. And the box office is telling me its not a sellout and the students are not here so it won't be as "hostile" an environment that it could be.

Thnink Rick will autograph my SLU hats?

Would you have asked them AFTER that debacle? (I suppose you weren't wearing your school's colors, logo, and name.)

I would not have. The team and Rick were actually nice about it (I held up the team for a couple of minutes as they got off the bus). Some were a bit confused, as I would be. How many times do you think you have a fan waiting for the Billikens asking for autographs as they get off the bus on the road?

I had no GW gear on.

I would not have. The team and Rick were actually nice about it (I held up the team for a couple of minutes as they got off the bus). Some were a bit confused, as I would be. How many times do you think you have a fan waiting for the Billikens asking for autographs as they get off the bus on the road?

I had no GW gear on.

You've got there an Instant Memorabilia.. :)

Heck yes he would, just think how much that ball will be worth. This record might stand for a while!

I had no GW gear on.

Moytoy, I don't believe the record will ever be broken (but if it is ever broken, the only poetic justice would be if the Billikens were the team to hold a team to 19 or fewer points).

If Steve had been wearing ANY Geo. Washington gear, he'd have to be certifiably insane to ask the Bills for a signed ball AFTER the game.

Heck yes he would, just think how much that ball will be worth. This record might stand for a while!

You've got there an Instant Memorabilia.. :)

Um, yeah. I can just see Steve showing off his trophy case, which includes his signs (except the ones he gives to the players after they end their careers), jerseys, and an autographed ball from every season. "Well, where's the one from 2008?" He'd have that one locked away in a bank vault, never to be seen again by anyone until he bequeaths it in his final will and testament to a great-grandchild.

Just out of curiosity, I saw during the broadcast that GW had won something like 30 of it's last 31 home games. Do you take that kind of number into account?

I'm really not trying to be a Monday morning QB, just curious about your program.

The program only uses this year's games but does figure in a homefield advantage. Of course when you only shoot 15% and miss 23 shots in a row all stats are out the window. An interesting note--had the Bills shot 46% they would have in fact won the game by 1.

It doesn't look real good for the Dayton game. Maybe after seeing this debacle, Dayton will be overconfident and stumble against us.

The program only uses this year's games but does figure in a homefield advantage. Of course when you only shoot 15% and miss 23 shots in a row all stats are out the window. An interesting note--had the Bills shot 46% they would have in fact won the game by 1.

It doesn't look real good for the Dayton game. Maybe after seeing this debacle, Dayton will be overconfident and stumble against us.

I kept looking for SignLoser on TV, now we know he was to busy jock sniffing to hold up his cute little signs. :lol:

I had no GW gear on.

Reading through the board, I am still not entirely certain on who was (... for blame must be assigned to someone ...) AT FAULT for last night's game: UB or RM. I do think Steve should be catching more flak, though, for holding up the team pregame. An extra 90 sec of shootaround may have helped the collective aiming mechanism. Can we get FlyPhan to do the same thing on Sat? ;-)

Pat D.

Moytoy, I don't believe the record will ever be broken (but if it is ever broken, the only poetic justice would be if the Billikens were the team to hold a team to 19 or fewer points).

If Steve had been wearing ANY Geo. Washington gear, he'd have to be certifiably insane to ask the Bills for a signed ball AFTER the game.

Thicks, why do you say the record won't ever be broken? The previous of 21 was held by 2 teams, one of which occurred in 2005 I believe. Just a couple days ago Savanah St. or somebody scored 4 in a half against K-State. Its not like all of these things happened 15 years ago. If nothing else, the record seems to be more in play now than ever before.

Thicks, why do you say the record won't ever be broken? The previous of 21 was held by 2 teams, one of which occurred in 2005 I believe. Just a couple days ago Savanah St. or somebody scored 4 in a half against K-State. Its not like all of these things happened 15 years ago. If nothing else, the record seems to be more in play now than ever before.

Yeah, I hear you. I didn't know that the record had been 21 until I read it in the Post this evening. So, I guess I'd like to retract my claim. However, I do think it would be best if SLU were the team to hold an opponent to 19 or fewer points for a game.