Last 7 seconds on ESPN right now.

cheesycow

and seen on ESPN! WOW! Great defense particularly IO and Sloan. However, that last shot looked like it could just as easily have been good, but it wasn't. And the Bills were favored by 1. And that is all it took for a BIG WIN!

The game was on ESPN+ on DirecTV, and I watched it here on the Left Coast. It was a huge win for St. Louis U., one that could save the season and solidify an NIT bid. The game was not our best game, but any win is important, especially one over an almost certain NCAA team in Charlotte. Plus it was a total team victory. We are not that far away from being a top team. We have suffered very close losses at home against Arizona and DePaul and on the road at Marquette. Hopefully, SLU will get a needed RPI boost from this win.

It did sound on TV that the crowd was a factor at the end.

And now let's settle the score with Marquette!

Go Billikens! We are proud of you.

Many on here have claimed a conspiracy by officials have cost the Bills in 2 games - the 5 second call on Fisher (notice UNCC got called for that twice yesterday?) and the no call on Brown/Sloan against DePaul. A priest friend called me after the game (he watched on TV) and said he sure didn't see Sloan get fouled on the game winner yesterday and it looked like Withers was fouled on his miss at the end (but, refs rarely make those type of calls).

not sure, but if it was Welmer maybe we can chalk it up to the band for chanting "we love Steve" and having a "We Love Steve Welmer" sign.

By the way, it's great to see we have a legit student section - the Band. The Blue Crew was a disgrace yesterday, especially those many members who bailed out with about a minute to go and only a 4 point game. Again, standing up and wearing blue (saw one BC member wearing a Drake sweatshirt!) doesn't make you any better than the other fans the students love to criticize.

There is a diffewrence between a correct 5 sec. call and an incorrect one ... Do you not see the difference between the call on JF at Marquette ... and the 2 on Charlotte yesterday? If not I suggest you take another look and reveiw the situations. Also ... maybe a foul could have been called yesterday ... but there is a difference between being touched and knocked to the floor

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

you hav3e missed the point. The conspiracy is that refs looking to become Big East refs, thus giving them more exposure and recognition etc..... Yesterdays game did not involve any team that will be going to the big East.

However to play out the conspiracy, then one would expect the officials involved would be trying to reduce the RPI of the teams not joining the BE. Thus any call in favor of SLU yesterday would fall in line with the conspiracy. See they are out there trying to screw us!!

Now just because I am paranoid, does not mean they are not out to get me.......ssshhh the FBI is listening.

i never complained about the end of the depaul game and i wasn't too sure about a foul against sloan on saturday either - but those are calls that can go either way. a five second call against a point guard penetrating beyond the free throw line is simply ridiculous. that call at marquette is and will continue to be the most blatant case of home town officiating i've ever seen.

Back when I was lowly freshman at SLU, I had this conversation with with Fisher and Charlie Reis (both were guards on SLU team) after coming back from a loss with Marquette during the 70-71 season. They complained bitterly on what Dean 'the dream' Memminger was getting away with. They mentioned that because he was an All-American all the calls went his way. I guess a final four team gets the same kind of treatment.