Pittsburgh

Iggy

What a great opportunity to usher in the Majerus era. Three games in three days! I'll be there. Is anyone else planning on going? We could plan a get together somewhere in Pittsburgh before or after a game to talk Billikens hoops and knock down a few brews! Three wins to start the season would be a dream, but that game against Pitt scares me.

We could plan a get together somewhere in Pittsburgh before or after a game to talk Billikens hoops and knock down a few brews!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=24...h&plindex=0

I might make the trip up from DC to Pittsburgh for the Saturday and Sunday games.

Also on another note, I am not sure if you are from the Pittsburgh area but at some point that weekend definitely hit up the Original Hot Dog Shop which is right around the Pitt campus. The best hot dogs and fries ever!! :)

I just called Pitt's ticket office. Apparently for even the SLU v. Houston Bapist and NC games, we can't get tickets until the week of the game. All tickets are being sold separately for (each and every game) for $25 a piece. Is it just me, or does anyone else thing that SLU v. Houston Baptist at $25 a pop going to be a pretty empty stadium.

I think the lady at the ticket office was wrong. Has anyone else heard anything about tickets?

I was just looking into heading to Pittsburgh for the tournament, but I realized that I am going to San Francisco to watch the Rams-Niners game the next weekend. I wonder if it's too late to cancel that trip!

That trip to see the lambs keeps looking uglier and uglier. As a bonus though, it might be their first win of the year.......

• 2 weeks later...

I'm feeling Majerus will have the upper hand on Jamie Dixon. 3 wins in 3 days isn't a stretch. With Soderberg it was like hang on to your hats, but I feel more confident that Majerus won't take any crap on the floor.

Interesting article from the NYT on Pitt. This may not be easy :o

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/21/sports/n...html?ref=sports

I thought Pitt would be much bigger at the center spot. Kind of surprising that a 6'7" freshmen would figure to start at the center spot for one of the better Big East programs. After watching and following Tommie at Hargrave I thought his teammate Sam Young would be one of the top small forwards in the Big East. Now he figures to be the starting power forward at 6'6". This game may not be as one sided as I suspected. I thought by game 3 SLU would've been worn down like at A&M.

I thought Pitt would be much bigger at the center spot. Kind of surprising that a 6'7" freshmen would figure to start at the center spot for one of the better Big East programs. After watching and following Tommie at Hargrave I thought his teammate Sam Young would be one of the top small forwards in the Big East. Now he figures to be the starting power forward at 6'6". This game may not be as one sided as I suspected. I thought by game 3 SLU would've been worn down like at A&M.

The lack of depth killed us last year. 3 games in 3 days right out of the box this season. Lots of question-marks on the Billiken bench again this year. Will Husak be out of the coach's doghouse by the Pitt game? What can Knollmeyer give us? Will coach use freshmen A. Mitchell and Eckerle this early in the season? Will Marcus Relphorde be in the rotation? Can't wait to see how it evolves. With Sodie, you pretty much knew the deal ... play your best 8 guys unless somebody's arm falls off.