Barry Eberhardt

Scoop

Just wondering if someone has seen Barry practicing with the guys? I'm really hoping to see him come in at the 4 and give us some good quality minutes. Any update on Bryces' stress fracture? AK? DB? Bueller? Just trying to get some hoop talk going since we start next month.

Normally no bball on here but I guess I will make an exception.

I think that there are no sure things except KL and TL. When practice starts all bets are off.

I really think that AM will get some playing time though. He has a nice SF basketball body and if Majerus really does only care about performance in practice then I think AM will find his minutes.

I have sneaking suspicion that AK and DM are going to dissappoint this year. I will wait for the season to start questioning their work ethic, but I am just going to throw a pre-emptive strike here to refer back to later.

Nick

Just wondering if someone has seen Barry practicing with the guys? I'm really hoping to see him come in at the 4 and give us some good quality minutes. Any update on Bryces' stress fracture? AK? DB? Bueller? Just trying to get some hoop talk going since we start next month.

I saw Bryce walking down campus the other day and he was still wearing his "boot." Hopefully he can shed that thing in the next few weeks and get himself into playing shape by November.

Normally no bball on here but I guess I will make an exception.

I think that there are no sure things except KL and TL. When practice starts all bets are off.

I really think that AM will get some playing time though. He has a nice SF basketball body and if Majerus really does only care about performance in practice then I think AM will find his minutes.

I have sneaking suspicion that AK and DM are going to dissappoint this year. I will wait for the season to start questioning their work ethic, but I am just going to throw a pre-emptive strike here to refer back to later.

Nick

I've had some pretty lofty expectations for AK on here this summer and thought I saw some real potential in him during his limited minutes. But, if what we are hearing about his health is correct, one has to question the work ethic. It's been reported that he suffered from "exhaustion" several times this summer. That just doesn't seem right for a college basketball player. How out of shape do you have to be to suffer "exhaustion" during the summer? No actual practices. Very little school. No games with little sleep in between cities. Frankly, I just don't understand that. I'm sure I don't have all the details, so I hope this is not a signal of a more serious health problem. But, based on this info, one has to wonder how something like that happens to an 18 y.o. basketball player. I just hope it's not he same "exhaustion" that Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears seem to come down with.

I just want to see him and see if this 6'6" 250 is legit, and if so, if that's ALL muscle. There were pictures posted on here, and I even posted some, but that was awhile ago and I can't be bothered. He looked pretty big but I remember thinking there's no way he's more than 230-240. Opinions?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've had some pretty lofty expectations for AK on here this summer and thought I saw some real potential in him during his limited minutes. But, if what we are hearing about his health is correct, one has to question the work ethic. It's been reported that he suffered from "exhaustion" several times this summer. That just doesn't seem right for a college basketball player. How out of shape do you have to be to suffer "exhaustion" during the summer? No actual practices. Very little school. No games with little sleep in between cities. Frankly, I just don't understand that. I'm sure I don't have all the details, so I hope this is not a signal of a more serious health problem. But, based on this info, one has to wonder how something like that happens to an 18 y.o. basketball player. I just hope it's not he same "exhaustion" that Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears seem to come down with.

In unairconditioned West Pine Gym in the heat of the St. Louis summer, it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Even if Eberhardt is 6'6 240 that is still a big freakin dude. Hopefully he comes in and sees he has a real good chance to contribute and works his tail off. The few games I watched of his he had a lot of basketball skills just needs that bulldog type attitude on the glass that this SLU team desperately needs. Hopefully Majerus can get that out of him.

Even if Eberhardt is 6'6 240 that is still a big freakin dude. Hopefully he comes in and sees he has a real good chance to contribute and works his tail off. The few games I watched of his he had a lot of basketball skills just needs that bulldog type attitude on the glass that this SLU team desperately needs. Hopefully Majerus can get that out of him.

Well he looks to have flawless form on his layups.

I don't think he was or is suffering from exhaustion. It is my undertanding he has a breathing problem. Why don't we not speculate that he is just lazy.

I don't think he was or is suffering from exhaustion. It is my undertanding he has a breathing problem. Why don't we not speculate that he is just lazy.

I believe the exact word used on this board was "exhaustion". I also prefaced my comments with I don't have all the details. I hope Adam regains his health. Unfortunately this is a message board and all we have is speculation. Especially since most of our insiders seem to have disappeared after we fired Soderberg.

I don't know Metz, in the youtube videos posted by someone around the time he signed, he look darn solid. I wouldn't be surprised if he is every bit of 240 and up near 250.

First you accuse Powerballer of being Metz, now me. What did I do that would lead you to believe I was this Metz character? The level of paranoia expressed by some on this board(re:Moytoy) is reminiscent of the Salem Witch Trials. "Let's accuse every new poster of being Metz, we'll be right at some point." Give it a break dude.

I don't know Metz, in the youtube videos posted by someone around the time he signed, he look darn solid. I wouldn't be surprised if he is every bit of 240 and up near 250.

It's not Metz. While he's also annoying he is smarter than these new trolls. He's also more of a SLU fan, he just didn't like Soderberg. He was fired up when Majerus got hired. It's also not joey fluegel. These two popped up around the same time just a few weeks ago and seem to be working in tandem. A lot like Billi"Mizzou"phan and Tigerdevil used to, before they disappeared after getting beat up on here.

It's not Metz. While he's also annoying he is smarter than these new trolls. He's also more of a SLU fan, he just didn't like Soderberg. He was fired up when Majerus got hired. It's also not joey fluegel. These two popped up around the same time just a few weeks ago and seem to be working in tandem. A lot like Billi"Mizzou"phan and Tigerdevil used to, before they disappeared after getting beat up on here.

Metz also posted in tandem with a couple of characters who would then play off of each other. This was especially apparent during the game threads last year.

FYI - I'm not paranoid about it. In fact, i get a good kick out of Metz and his cohorts showing up repeatedly under different usernames. It's kind of sad, yet amusing. It only sucks that Steve has to continually boot 'em. Otherwise, it adds just a shade more than a nominal amount of entertainment to my day.

OT: great baseball game last night (for entertainment value, not for technical ability).

Listen. I came to this board because it seemed like the best place to follow Billiken basketball. The Billiken site on STLToday doesn't offer much. I'm not sure who joey fluegel, billi"Mizzou"phan and Tigerdevil are. I've enjoyed the soccer posts involving Skip and some of the other topics and debate. I realize this is a slow time right now and there will be more bball talk once the season starts. I'm not even sure what your above post means or alludes to but if I"ve annoyed you please point out why and I'll try to do better in the future. I just come here for the interesting banter not to get harrassed. Sheesh.

I just want to see him and see if this 6'6" 250 is legit, and if so, if that's ALL muscle. There were pictures posted on here, and I even posted some, but that was awhile ago and I can't be bothered. He looked pretty big but I remember thinking there's no way he's more than 230-240. Opinions?

When Dayton was recruiting him, I found some free video of him on the internet. I was very impressed. I think the height and weight are legitimate. I wish Dayton had landed him because I think he will have an impact in the league. A few things that I remember from watching. He is as strong as an ox with nice quickness to go with it. He seemed able to put the ball on the floor effectively, and he is a nice shooter. In other words, he is well rounded and talented. He doesn't have great leapers, but he plays more of a positioning game with his big body. The reason I think his weight is legit is that he looks very much like Charles Little of the Flyers and Charles is listed at 6'6" 240-250. I think Eberhardt is much more fundamentally sound with shooting than Charles, but Charles has explosive leaping ability, and at his weight, that is a bit freakish. Charles is tough, but Eberhardt is every bit as strong, and he will be moving bodies underneath and getting a lot of rebounds for SLU, IMO.

If I can locate the video, I'll post it here, and you can decide for yourselves.