2007: A bad year for sports in St. Louis

Box and Won

2007 is shaping up to be an absolutely dismal year for St. Louis sports. The Cardinals are about to wrap up a nightmare of the season, and the Rams have been a complete trainwreck thus far. The Blues, while improved, are most likely still another year or two away from being a real competitive club. So far, Brad's 20-win season last year has (sadly) been the best performing team in St. Louis in 2007, and we didn't even make the NIT last year.

If the Bills can get off to a good start this season, hopefully we can get some big crowds and build some momentum. St. Louisans will be starved for a winner by the time basketball starts.

2007 is shaping up to be an absolutely dismal year for St. Louis sports. The Cardinals are about to wrap up a nightmare of the season, and the Rams have been a complete trainwreck thus far. The Blues, while improved, are most likely still another year or two away from being a real competitive club. So far, Brad's 20-win season last year has (sadly) been the best performing team in St. Louis in 2007, and we didn't even make the NIT last year.

If the Bills can get off to a good start this season, hopefully we can get some big crowds and build some momentum. St. Louisans will be starved for a winner by the time basketball starts.

As I listened to the end of the Rams debacle today I couldn't help but think the same thing. The Billikens really have a golden opportunity to catch the attention of the casual sports fan this season.

Man, you are such a killjoy. Any time someone says something to elevate the Billikens fandom, you're singing the praises of some other team or program, rather than pumping up the Bills.

I just want to see an hour-by-hour breakdown of powerballer's typical day. I'm fascinated by what the purpose-driven live really looks like. I would be willing to post mine as well, I just can't imagine what it's like to live the way he claims to. I wanted to say that he was a pessimist as well, but he has been pretty optimistic about betting on EVERYTHING.

I just want to see an hour-by-hour breakdown of powerballer's typical day. I'm fascinated by what the purpose-driven live really looks like. I would be willing to post mine as well, I just can't imagine what it's like to live the way he claims to. I wanted to say that he was a pessimist as well, but he has been pretty optimistic about betting on EVERYTHING.

Here is what is going on today.

8:00 got up, let dogs out, took trash to curb, cleaned kitchen

9:00 took dog for walk, play around on net

10:00 play golf

2:00 get some lunch

3:00 play Tiger Woods on Wii

5:00 go to gym

7:00 place bet on MNF do bong hits go to friens house to watch game

11:00 warch movie with wife

12:30 go to bed

Just a normal monday. What is on tap for you guys?

6:30 get up hate life

8:00 get to work

8:15 start surfing the net, think about how life sucks

12:00 go to lunch

1:00 back to killing time till work is over or you die

5:00 go home

6:00 do whatever wife tells you to do

9:00 open a beer and sit down to watch football

9:05 pour beer down the drain, turn off game, get back to doing what wife tells you to do.

11:00 go to bed dream of putting a bullet in your head.

Just a normal monday. What is on tap for you guys?

6:30 get up hate life

8:00 get to work

8:15 start surfing the net, think about how life sucks

12:00 go to lunch

1:00 back to killing time till work is over or you die

5:00 go home

6:00 do whatever wife tells you to do

9:00 open a beer and sit down to watch football

9:05 pour beer down the drain, turn off game, get back to doing what wife tells you to do.

11:00 go to bed dream of putting a bullet in your head.

At least you got the lunch part right.

Man, you are such a killjoy. Any time someone says something to elevate the Billikens fandom, you're singing the praises of some other team or program, rather than pumping up the Bills.

Dude, I am hyped for the bills.. The blues have more media right now and I was able to go to a practice. That is why I am more pumped for the blues. Come december/january I am sure I will be spending more spiorts dollars on bills than blues.

And for the record I also spend a lot of time and money helpinf organizations like Grace Hill, Mentor St. Louis, Food Outreach and Circus Flora. In December you can catch my charitable acts on the E channel.

I suspect this is Mizzouphan or tigerdevil or one of the other Mizlosers who used to inhabit the Board. It's the same old tired tactic they used to use.

Here is what is going on today.

8:00 got up, let dogs out, took trash to curb, cleaned kitchen

9:00 took dog for walk, play around on net

10:00 play golf

2:00 get some lunch

3:00 play Tiger Woods on Wii

5:00 go to gym

7:00 place bet on MNF do bong hits go to friens house to watch game

11:00 warch movie with wife

12:30 go to bed

You do bong hits and then go to "friens" house and then "warch" movie.

LOL! Yep, that explains it.

I suspect this is Mizzouphan or tigerdevil or one of the other Mizlosers who used to inhabit the Board. It's the same old tired tactic they used to use.

Didn't I just say I was hyped for the bills and would be spendinging most of my winter sports dollars on them? Do I need to get a billiken tattooed on my left nut to be a bills fan?

Didn't I just say I was hyped for the bills and would be spendinging most of my winter sports dollars on them? Do I need to get a billiken tattooed on my left nut to be a bills fan?

What are you doing on line at 10:24? I thought you were playing golf at 10:00.

"spendinging"??? Lay off the bong hits Mizloser.

Ace,

I wasn't a poster back then so hip me to what they used to do so I can be on the look out for the enemy.

Thanks Bro.

It's a bad year for sports in St. Louis, UNLESS YOU'RE A COWBOY FAN!!!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOO! 4-0 AT THE RAMS EXPENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having said all that, there is a huge sports vacuum in St. Louis........Majerus is the man to fill it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you doing on line at 10:24? I thought you were playing golf at 10:00.

got a late start. Great day to be on the golf course. I am not metz or mizloser and I am retired not laid off. Keep trying. I know you all wish you were me. Only 2 hours to quiting time.

It's a bad year for sports in St. Louis, UNLESS YOU'RE A COWBOY FAN!!!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOO! 4-0 AT THE RAMS EXPENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having said all that, there is a huge sports vacuum in St. Louis........Majerus is the man to fill it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does a St. Louisan become a Cowboys fan?